Donkey Konga...still play it?

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
I can say that I haven't for a long time, but my 7 year old sister came by today and I pulled it out and had a lot of fun playing it.

Anyone else forget how much fun this is? If you haven't played it in a while, break it out!

I still play Konga, and it is even better in progressive scan on the Wii. I just played Jungle Beat for the first time about two weeks ago, and it is an incredible game!

Hells yes! The Donkey Konga series is great fun! I hope they keep using the bongos on the Wii.

There is that bongo racing game coming out, but it doesn't look so hot. I really wish Rare would have completed Donkey Kong Racing.

I might have to get this out again and see in in progressive scan via the Wii rather than blurry Svideo on my LCD TV. :)

Love these games though .:)

I picked up DK1, 2, and DKJB at the TRU 2 for 1 sale for $40. I definitely dig it.

BTW, the racing game got moved to Wii. Boooo.

Wow - sounds like I should try one of those game out. I just won a Gamecube this week, so I was never really expecting to get one and missed out on TRU's B2G1F deal.

Well, considering I don't own any bongos, I'd rather get it with the bongo set for $20 at EB or buy.com. Plus it's for Donkey Konga 2, which supposedly doesn't have the best selection of songs on it as the original. Unless you like Hillary Duff.

Just picked it up with free set of extra bongos for 15 bucks at eb. I am going to try and find konga 1 now, konga 2 doesnt exist to me.

I just bought DK: Jungle Beat, what a crazy game. I know why it's single player, because you look like an idiot playing it.

[quote name='spideymike']Btw, I picked up Donkey Kong Jungle Beat on eb's site for $14.99 brand new w/ bongos.[/quote]Must congratulate you on that buy :D

I plan on picking this up, despite the fact I have no gamecube :lol: and keep it in anticipation for the Wii.

I haven't played in a while but my daughter pulls it out every now & then (and then she & my son fight over who gets to use the Bongos, never got around to buying a second set or DK2.)

Today I stopped by EB and they had a special on DK: Jungle Beat, and 2 sets of Bongos for only $9.99! I couldn't pass that up, looks like we will be pulling out Donkey Konga 1 again when I get home for some 3-way competition.

Just got donkey konga 3 in the mail, popped it in, good stuff :) i just wish i could find someplace to mod my cube so i can load the blasted save file :cry:

take a chill pill, some people just don't know the difference, all you have to do is kindly explain, no need to flip out like a monkey

[quote name='maigoyume']take a chill pill, some people just don't know the difference, all you have to do is kindly explain, no need to flip out like a monkey[/quote]

Like a monkey? More like a fucking retard.

David, grow up. If people like you are the future, then it is going to be a rude world for sure.

Yes, it's not the same game, but it is a related game, and it's also a very good deal on the drums. I just noticed it while I was at the store today and decided to share.

Mai & Yuk -- thanks for being mature.

[quote name='Troopa']David, grow up. If people like you are the future, then it is going to be a rude world for sure.

Yes, it's not the same game, but it is a related game, and it's also a very good deal on the drums. I just noticed it while I was at the store today and decided to share.

Mai & Yuk -- thanks for being mature.[/quote]anytime :) I just hope he doesn't brush off on anyone, too bad I already have 4 bongos or I'd grab the jungle beat w/ bongos deal so fast ;)

[quote name='mattstockton12']Is the 9.99 sale still going on? I'm thinking about getting it again just for a couple more bongos...[/QUOTE]
It's still on, but I think most EB'S are sold out.

I bought Donky Konga 1 with Bongos for $20 ay Toys R us for my son who is 5 1/2. Then I bought Donky Kong Jungle Beat with 2 bongos for $10 at EB. My son and especially my husband love them. Mickey

It's great to be a generation behind! :) We just got Donkey Konga, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Donkey Konga 2 and four sets of bongos, for super cheap. So far we've only given my kids Donkey Konga 1 along with the 4 bongos, with the other games in reserve for a later date. Alas, like DDR Mario Mix, the game is too hard for my young kids (4 and 5). Hopefully it will grow on them as they get a bit older. We (meaning me, one brother and two of my nephews) had an absolute hoot playing 4-player at our post-Christmas party. I'm trying to get people to come over again. Terrible fun!

Speaking of young kids. Why is Donkey Kong Jungle Beat rated E10+? What is the 10+ for? I'll probably open the game and see what the deal is myself before giving it to them, but if anyone has any insight in this regard it would be appreciated. I was pretty disappointed to see that Donkey Konga 2 was rated T for "suggestive lyrics" when Donkey Konga 1 was rated E. As such I don't know if we'll be able to give that to them (my kids are only 4 and 5.) Moreover, that means I won't really be able to play it either. :(

Oh, and DK1, DK2 and DKJB, all w/bongos are $5 each at kmart (but YMMV - kmart's aren't consistent). You can also get DK2 without bongos at kmart for $3.50. I picked up DK1 and DKJB, both with bongos, at those prices. Also picked up DK2 without bongos for $3.50 as noted. Previously I got DKJB with bongos and an extra set of bongos from the EB/GS deal, albeit for $21 shipped. I wish I'd waited for kmart! At this point, though, it's going to be hard to find any in stock at kmart - I got mine prior to Christmas and the one I got them at no longer has any. Still worth looking, though. Potentially you can get all 3 games, plus an extra game to trade/sell and 4 sets of bongos, all for $20 plus tax. Yowza!

bread's done
Back