Donkey Konga

AdamInPlaidum

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Basically I just wanted to sing praises of this game. I decided to buy it when I was cashing my check at Wal-Mart, and I have to say, I'm definitely not dissapointed. I took it over to my college friend's dorm, and a group of us had a great time clapping while one person drummed. On the negative side, there aren't a ton of songs, and there are a few SUPER lame ones (children's song medleys), but with expansions on the horizon, that doesn't bother me too much. The Hard Mode is very, VERY challenging. And I don't even want to think about trying the Jam modes, where they don't give you the signals, and you must drum from memory. All in all, I am pleased with my purchase, and I highly suggest it to anyone with a Gamecube.

Yeah this game is fun as hell except for the weak song selection. Who the f*** wants to clap and drum to happy birthday...

Plan on getting it for my little sister's birthday. she's 5 years old, and seems to really like games and music, so I think she'll love it. Cheapest I can find it is for $40 at Fry's so this is going to be a VERY expensive present for such a little girl.

[quote name='darth007']Yeah this game is fun as hell except for the weak song selection. Who the f*** wants to clap and drum to happy birthday...[/quote] :shock: It's got Hppy Birthday? OMFG, she's going to love this game. :D

I looked over the song list at the store, and I wasn't very impressed. However, I think I will pick this up.

[quote name='sj41']Another game called Donkey Kong Jungle Beat will eventually come out that will use the DK bongos. I think it's an expansion sorta like Rainbow Six 3 Balck Arrow, where it's just some new features and things like that. (maps to songs is what I mean.)

A little bit of info here: www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/donkeykongjunglebeat/index.html[/quote]

Jungle beat is a Donkey Kong Country-type game that uses the bongo drums as the controller. Other than input devices and characters it is not related to Donkey Konga.

Japan already has another disc out that has more songs. I believe these expansions are only going to run $20, so that gives me something to get excited about. And if they don't expand in America, I'll make the dive into import gaming. This game is THAT fun.

Yeah, I picked it up today and it is very fun and can be very challenging. 20 dollar expansions could be good...

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='darth007']Yeah this game is fun as hell except for the weak song selection. Who the f*** wants to clap and drum to happy birthday...[/quote] :shock: It's got Hppy Birthday? OMFG, she's going to love this game. :D[/quote]
lol Yeah, but its part of a song thats has 2-3 other songs combined into one. This game is actually good for a person that age.

[quote name='darth007'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='darth007']Yeah this game is fun as hell except for the weak song selection. Who the f*** wants to clap and drum to happy birthday...[/quote] :shock: It's got Hppy Birthday? OMFG, she's going to love this game. :D[/quote]
lol Yeah, but its part of a song thats has 2-3 other songs combined into one. This game is actually good for a person that age.[/quote]I'm hoping it is. If possible, I will love to start playing the happy b-day song right when she comes down stairs. :) I'm sure she would love that.

It's really fun when you get another pair of bongos and play multiplayer. I agree the song selection has some turds in it, and I don't like that you have to buy the minigames. The graphics are also kind of weak, as the DK crew looks N64-quality.

I give the slight edge to TAIKO Drum Master (also Namco developed, but for PS2), though I still really like Donkey Konga. I'm sure my girlfriend and I will keep playing a ton of it. Great price, too.

I'm having a hard time getting the re-mixed Zelda theme out of my head. I've been humming it for a week.

This games difficulty is probably more than what most five year olds can handle, though. My 5 year old can barely handle the kids medley and a few others and got bored pretty quickly after never being able to clear a level. They should have offered a super easy mode for kids, IMO.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='darth007'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='darth007']Yeah this game is fun as hell except for the weak song selection. Who the f*** wants to clap and drum to happy birthday...[/quote] :shock: It's got Hppy Birthday? OMFG, she's going to love this game. :D[/quote]
lol Yeah, but its part of a song thats has 2-3 other songs combined into one. This game is actually good for a person that age.[/quote]I'm hoping it is. If possible, I will love to start playing the happy b-day song right when she comes down stairs. :) I'm sure she would love that.[/quote]

I'd be pissed if, as a kid, someone already had my gift open and playing with it.

[quote name='Supernothing']
I'd be pissed if, as a kid, someone already had my gift open and playing with it.[/quote]lol

Well, my sister had her party Saturday and her real B-Day is tomorrow. She loves this game and loves the drums. :D Not to play Happy B-Day tomorrow morning. :wink:

I picked up this game earlier today and after playing it...let's just say I'm in love. This game is so fun--it's also so easy to pick up because it has one of the most simple premises for a game. If you have a chance to pick up, I suggest you do.

bread's done
Back