Dont Dew It Promotion - Free Vault

Irate Drake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just wanted to let you all know about this. Tonight I stopped by our local country store, while grabbing a mountain dew i noticed a batch of coupons on the cooler door.

Buy one (1) Mountain Dew (29 oz., 24 oz., 1L or 1.5L) and get (1) 16,20,24 oz. Vault (any variety).

So i nabbed a few of them (about 12).

Just wanted to let you all know this was going on. and the coupons dont expire until 7/31/09.... and yes they do work.

This would have been good if it was a Buy 1 MD get 1 Free.

Vault is disgusting. I bought it cause I figured I could use the extra energy for the walk home, took a mouthful and spit it out. I then threw the bottle away. It was the only energy drink I tried (this was before my anti-energy drink days).

[quote name='DarkZion']This would have been good if it was a Buy 1 MD get 1 Free.

Vault is disgusting. I bought it cause I figured I could use the extra energy for the walk home, took a mouthful and spit it out. I then threw the bottle away. It was the only energy drink I tried (this was before my anti-energy drink days).[/QUOTE]

Vault isn't actually an energy drink. It's a soda with more caffeine than Mt. Dew.

Too bad I hate regular old Mt. Dew (I prefer the red or voltage). Is this a promotion by Coca Cola or by the store though? I'd find it strange if Coke decided to give Mt. Dew drinkers a free Vault. At the very least they could have also made it buy 1 get 1 free for it's own customers- of course I'm assuming it was done by Coke.

I'd love to know any more information so we can participate, but thanks for the offer nonetheless.

[quote name='kirby_fox']Vault isn't actually an energy drink. It's a soda with more caffeine than Mt. Dew.

Too bad I hate regular old Mt. Dew (I prefer the red or voltage). Is this a promotion by Coca Cola or by the store though? I'd find it strange if Coke decided to give Mt. Dew drinkers a free Vault. At the very least they could have also made it buy 1 get 1 free for it's own customers- of course I'm assuming it was done by Coke.

I'd love to know any more information so we can participate, but thanks for the offer nonetheless.[/QUOTE]
why in the world would coke be involved? And vault is pretty much an energy drink, similar to the old jolt cola

[quote name='decrot']why in the world would coke be involved? And vault is pretty much an energy drink, similar to the old jolt cola[/QUOTE]

the coca cola company are the people that make vault

I guess CC knows that if someone has a dollar, they're choosing MD over Vault

So, they rather give away their Vault in hopes of someone going "Hey, I like this...."

[quote name='ZerotypeX']the coca cola company are the people that make vault[/QUOTE]
yea but MD is owned by pepsi, kinda driving MD sales up if ppl are getting the deal.

But i guess it raises product awareness, but driving up MD sales in the meantime.

I'm pretty sure Coke is the one doing this - saw these coupons that you're talking about on ebay about a week ago.

I like Vault a LOT more than regular Dew, but I'll probably see if I can keep my eyes open for this coupon anyway.

[quote name='kirby_fox']Vault isn't actually an energy drink. It's a soda with more caffeine than Mt. Dew.

I'd love to know any more information so we can participate, but thanks for the offer nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

You should see if you can find any of the Mountain Dew Throwback if you don't like regular Mountain Dew. Also, If no one has made mention of it, Game Fuel is back on the market. I've been stockpiling it for when they enevetably pull it from the shelves. So far I've only seen it in 20oz. bottles. Happy hunting!

Sweet, then technically I have (and never will) never drank an energy drink.

Vault is still disgusting though.

Is this technically legal? And if so, why has it never been done before?

Free store-brand with nat'l brand purchase (for comparison),
Free Heinz ketchup with purchase of Hunts (for obvious reasons)...

Competitors would lose money, but if they feel their product is better, they might get a few switchers. In this case though, I wouldn't want the Vault for free. It's a shame Coke didn't stick with Surge, that stuff was ok.

[quote name='mountaindew77']mountain dew > any drink ever made
fact.[/QUOTE]
if the janitor of mountain dew types it....

I wish they'd go back to Mello Yellow. Vault really is nasty, I'm not surprised at all that Coke would be desperate to increase their customer base for Vault.

[quote name='freshzen']I wish they'd go back to Mello Yellow. Vault really is nasty, I'm not surprised at all that Coke would be desperate to increase their customer base for Vault.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I loved Mello Yellow. I actually sold a store out of it one night my friends and I were drunk. I started yelling they still had some and Vault was out and it would disappear and I was going to enjoy it for the last time. Next thing I know, people were shoving Mountain Dew back into the coolers and grabbing the few bottles of Mello Yellow they had.

I'm not big on citrus sodas, though, tbh. I think the last time I bought and drank Mountain Dew was when the Dollar General was selling six packs of cans for $1.50 and I didn't feel like carrying gallon jugs of Hawaiian Punch 10 blocks.

bread's done
Back