DON'T EVEN THINK OF GIVING YOUR HARD EARNED CASH TO GAMESTOP.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't read everything but...

A lot of people just give the two month trials out free

you CANNOT add them to a current subscription and I have used two expired ones and they have both worked and I have heard others using expired ones and those working also so you could have asked someone for an expired one.

Also blockbuster leaves them in the game cases and if you ask they probably would let you take them

[quote name='scuba']didn't read everything but...

A lot of people just give the two month trials out free

you CANNOT add them to a current subscription and I have used two expired ones and they have both worked and I have heard others using expired ones and those working also so you could have asked someone for an expired one.

Also blockbuster leaves them in the game cases and if you ask they probably would let you take them[/quote]

I save them when people trade stuff in and dont want to keep the card, and then give them out to other customers to try it out. good karma man.

[quote name='FREAKMIKE3']I think he just called everyone lemmings. I feel ashamed. Wait.. no I dont.[/quote]

You mean it took him all that writing to say that we like cliff diving?

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='FREAKMIKE3']I think he just called everyone lemmings. I feel ashamed. Wait.. no I dont.[/quote]

You mean it took him all that writing to say that we like cliff diving?[/quote]

Cliff diving or muff.. never mind...

[quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='adamofwales']The least you could do is send me out some type of gift certificate for all of the pain and suffering which you’ve made me have to endure.[/quote] :rofl: We haven't had a new idiot like you in awhile so it's good of you to post this. I'm sorry about your suffering, but you can drop it, man. What kind of bullshit is that?[/quote]

Uhm, the truth bro, you should check it out sometime. It can be liberating.

audi4real[/quote]Right.

Now I'm audi4real, cause I just got served by this dude. Yo, hip hop, to the beat I be rappin, of fuck it, you're just too smart for me. :roll:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']
gsygs.jpg
[/quote]

That's pretty funny.

My whole point in this thread was that the guy didn't get what he ordered. That's the end of the story, regardless of the adamofwale's character or standing on this board.

I don't even presume that anyone on this board cares what I have to say, but that doesn't stop be from saying it. I take comfort in the fact that I argue what is right, regardless of opposition.

Going into this topic, I knew everyone would be an asshole over this. I agree with the OP that if Gamestop stated that the game would include the card, it had better be there, and they could at least send him one separately. And don't give me the "It isn't their problem bullcrap" yes it is their problem, they said it would come with the card, it didn't, plain and simple. That is called a lie, and lies are looked down upon in my book, I don't know about you. And the issue about selling the used games as new, that is just plain wrong. The least the bastards could do is sell you what they claim they are selling you, and not some shoddy incomplete substitute. I swear if someone posted about being mugged and robbed, half of the users on this board would support the robber.

[quote name='thegamer4787'] I swear if someone posted about being mugged and robbed, half of the users on this board would support the robber.[/quote]

Well, its your own damn fault for walking around late at night with all that cash in your pocket!

j/k!

[quote name='thegamer4787']I swear if someone posted about being mugged and robbed, half of the users on this board would support the robber.[/quote]

Dude, like, you totally shouldn't be walking around all looking like a victim, duh. Stop bitching.

[quote name='snipegod']

That's pretty funny.

My whole point in this thread was that the guy didn't get what he ordered. That's the end of the story, regardless of the adamofwale's character or standing on this board.

I don't even presume that anyone on this board cares what I have to say, but that doesn't stop be from saying it. I take comfort in the fact that I argue what is right, regardless of opposition.[/quote]

Well you and are president ought to get along fabulously, hey you want to take a trip to Iraq, we could stand to loose er I mean use a few guys like you.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well you and are president ought to get along fabulously, hey you want to take a trip to Iraq, we could stand to loose er I mean use a few guys like you.[/quote]

I'm voting for Kerry, jerk-off.

I doubt you can even vote, yet.

[quote name='adamofwales'][quote name='FREAKMIKE3']Dude, just PM me your address and I will send you 5 of these shaq-fuing 2 month cards. BTW, I wasnt clear (or maybe I just started ignoring what you posted) but was your first copy sealed? If so, then MS screwed up and forgot to put the card in the box. I have seen it happen a lot. Hell, I have seen brand new games come from the factory that, when I gut them, have had no instructions in them. Shit happens.[/quote]

Yeah, the first copy was sealed, but when I called microsoft, they said that there are different SKUs, and after I gave them mine, they could tell that it wasn't a "promo" copy, which includes the 2 month certificate. They then referred me back to gamestop.

If you want to give me a 2 month live card, that's cool, just pm the card into my CAG mailbox and I'll take a look at it.

Look, I almost didn't even call about it in the first place. It had been a month, and I just didn't really want to deal with a return, but then I thought, shit, I did buy this game under the pretence that it did include a bonus 2 month live trial, and then I was on xbox live talking to this guy in Ohio, and he said that he had like 10 of those things, so I was like, "damn, I want mine, screw it, I'll check into it."

Now, I have an older used game than my original and I was out of the game for about a week, and I love that game.

I guess I just got really miffed that you know, they post this great deal of $39.99 for the game, $10 less than almost everywhere else, and advertise "free 2 month xbox live" on the site, and then they scam me and others.

I guess their thought is that since you got it for $10 off, you probably aren't going to complain, and if you do, we'll really shut you up by sending you some used, seal broken copy.[/quote]

You waited a mont hand are pussin' out over a 2 month live card? Obviously that two month live card wasnt too important to you when you bought the game... And how did gamestop do anything wrogn by selling you a game you payed for. Silly rabbit the internet isnt for teens with mommy and daddys credit card.

Stop acting like a victim, what are you talking about? It just seems like people always bitch about other user's complain topics. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. "I'm allowed to complain about your topic, but you aren't allowed to complain about blatantly being ripped off." I must say that the OP sought the 2 month card in the wrong way, but then again, he should have gotten the card right off the bat. I just don't understand how people can argue in favor of the store on this one.

[quote name='snipegod'][quote name='zionoverfire']Well you and are president ought to get along fabulously, hey you want to take a trip to Iraq, we could stand to loose er I mean use a few guys like you.[/quote]

I'm voting for Kerry, jerk-off.

I doubt you can even vote, yet.[/quote]

Yeah its kinda sad that you can legaly drink before you can vote, or oh wait....

Anyhow I was refering to your "I take comfort in the fact that I argue what is right, regardless of opposition."

That's straight out of our presidents playbook, maybe in the future you'd prefer to choose your words more carefully.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']And how did gamestop do anything wrogn by selling you a game you payed for.[/quote]

Because they didn't sell him a game he payed for ... They sold him the wrong game. He ordered NCAA 2005 with the Live card, not without it.

I seriously, seriously don't understand how people don't get this fact. They didn't send him what he payed for, which is the game and the card (not one or the other).

I don't particularly like adamofwales, so I'm not defending him on the basis of his character. I'm defending him on the basis that he was gyped. Just like I can call zionoverfire a little kid, yet I'd defend him too if he got gyped by GameStop.

[edit: Zionoverfire, I realized what you were talking about. However, Bush is in the wrong. I'm not. That's why I can be resolute. ;-)]

At least someone understands that the guy was clearly ripped off. It is as if the OP was arguing this point in the middle of a bunch of gamestop workers or something the way so many people turned on him.

[quote name='snipegod'] I'm defending him on the basis that he was gyped. Just like I can call zionoverfire a little kid, yet I'd defend him too if he got gyped by GameStop.[/quote]

Well I do apreciate that, now could you change that from little kid to drunk bored college student? :D

[quote name='thegamer4787']At least someone understands that the guy was clearly ripped off. It is as if the OP was arguing this point in the middle of a bunch of gamestop workers or something the way so many people turned on him.[/quote]

Well he really didn't do a good job explaining it and its just that people give away plenty of free trials for xbox live and instead of bitching he could have asked for one and he would have goteen a dozen or so. Oh and his last paragraph about pain and suffering in the letter really pissed a few people off.

[quote name='thegamer4787']Stop acting like a victim, what are you talking about?[/quote]

If you're talking about me, I agree with you. I was joking when I talked about the victim/mugging thing. I thought that was pretty obvious?

Oh, and see ... these threads follow a distinct pattern. Everyone gets pissed off and gets in peoples' faces, then things cool down, and eventually everyone kisses and makes up.

Zionoverfire, give me a smooch.

[quote name='snipegod'][quote name='thegamer4787']Stop acting like a victim, what are you talking about?[/quote]

If you're talking about me, I agree with you. I was joking when I talked about the victim/mugging thing. I thought that was pretty obvious?

Oh, and see ... these threads follow a distinct pattern. Everyone gets pissed off and gets in peoples' faces, then things cool down, and eventually everyone kisses and makes up.

Zionoverfire, give me a smooch.[/quote]

Well I'm afraid I'm male, but I do appreciate the offer. :lol:

And in the future I must stay away from topic like this, but somehow I always get dragged in.

Same here, I always see the title thinking "Somehow all of the users will go against the OP despite him having a legitimate complaint" but I enter anyway.

I got to page 3 and then I stopped reading.
The funny thing is that if the OP simply posted, "Hey, GameStop forgot my Xbox Live trial card. Can someone here help me out?", he probably would have had more codes than he would have known what to do with.
Personally, I have at least 3 that I am not using and would have gladly offered one up.

On that note, I think we can lock this bitch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back