Don't forget to watch American DAD (sucks to be you it's over)

It was terrible. It's like Family Guy: Remix. But it's worse. It won't last because war hysteria will die down, and once it does, the show has nothing to satire/poke fun at. Plus people are pretty tired of the war anyway so I'm not sure why you'd make a show that glorifies lampooning it.

Every character is a remix. Mom/Dad/Daughter are the same. Fish = Stewie, but he loves the mom (Seth must have a pretty damn big Oedipus complex). Alien = Dog. Son = Chris from FG + the nerdy kid that likes Meg.

Also, Family Guy is terrible.

Seth McFarlane is a talentless asshole.

Man you guys are harsh. So what if it feels like Family Guy? Don't forget that when Family Guy got cancelled, it felt like half the world was complaining. So maybe Seth made the shows similar to please the fans who missed the original. He didn't know Family Guy would resurface again.

I personally thought the episode was pretty damn funny considering what other comedy shows are on today (aside from Scrubs).

i thought it was fairly funny, comparable to some of the less funny family guy episodes, which still arent bad, just not the best. i like all the characters but the mom and kid.

I thought it was just as good as Family Guy. Of course I think Family Guy sucks ass so that's really faint praise.

Dear Fox,
Let Matt Groening put whatever he wants on TV and send Seth MacFarlane to basic cable at 3:00 am where he belongs.

Its hit and miss with this guy. I missed the show but checked out the FOX site and saw the three previews. Wasn't that funny. But you gotta give it some time. I didn't even like Family Guy at first but then I saw the light...

most shows like that get better over time, i remember not laughing a whole lot at the first episode of family when it premiered. it was a good show though, just not as good as family guy

[quote name='slidecage']Great time period??? What are you talking about? Probally 50-80% of all the people on the east coast turned off the tv right after the superbowl went off at almost 11pm EST TIME. how it showed

1030-11 was the time slot and it got pumped to 1115 to 1145 pm. Most people gave up and went to bed (if they had to be at work by 7) It was okay but you could tell it was nothing more then a FAMILY GUY clone and it will be a major mistake in May to put them back to back cause people will say WHY DO WE NEED 2 of ALMOST The same show

some parts were funny but then again I was laughing at some parts of the PUPPY BOWL waiting for this to start. IT Sucks that the first show isnt till may and guess what people, If the first show Flops Expect fox to pull it RIGHT THEN AND NOW... Remember MAY IS SWEEPS MONTH and FOX wont allow a program with low ratings to stay on. Meaning

we will see 1 maybe 2 EPS of Dad and then it will either be CANCELLED Or Pushed back to June or july .. May is just the wrong time to start[/quote]

I actually had this discussion earlier today in a programming class so I relay what I learned...

After the Super Bowl is one the biggest ratings and advertising boost a show can recieve if it is on the same network. If it wasn't networks wouldn't care whats on after the superbowl and you wouldn't be seeing American Dad or anew Simpsons. The east coast thing was a little odd, but there are tons of super bowl parties and most people, especially on the coast are up later than you think. In fact, Boston is the primary city for Nielson people meters I think, so you couldn't ask for a better set up there.

There's actually 4 sweeps weeks a year, typically in Feb., May, July and November. Series and Season premires often debut during a sweeps week so a new show starting then isn't that uncommon. Lots of people tune into watch series premire and using that oppertunity outside of sweeps is a bit of a waste. Also, May is the sweeps time you most often premire the shows you're most unsure about. This because sweeps determines the going ad rates for the next season, of which the summer is typically the least lucreative, whereas July and November are important because they help to determine the fall/winter seasons, typically the most lucretive.

All that aside you could be right on in saying that we'll only see 2 or 3 episodes before it is canned, but they've contracted for a certain number and already paid for them so Fox might as well play them out til the end of June.

I wasn't that impressed by the first 1/3 of the episode (what was on the Freakin' sweet collection dvd), but for the rest of episode I thoughly it was mildly entertaining with a few laugh out loud moments. I do believe it has quite a bit of potential. Give it at least 2 or 3 episodes more before you pass judgment. I was disappointed by the pilot of Committed, but recognized the potential, so I kept watching. Sure enough, it got better.

The Committed pilot had the funniest scene that I've ever seen in any TV show, ever. When they were moving tables so the handicapped guy could get his wheelchair out of the restaurant, I literally couldn't breath because I was laughing so hard. The show has been pretty funny since then, but they haven't managed to even come close to that scene, let alone match it.

[quote name='Drocket']The Committed pilot had the funniest scene that I've ever seen in any TV show, ever. When they were moving tables so the handicapped guy could get his wheelchair out of the restaurant, I literally couldn't breath because I was laughing so hard. The show has been pretty funny since then, but they haven't managed to even come close to that scene, let alone match it.[/quote]
I agree, that was awesome. The wheelchair guy is the reason I watch the show. Every scene with him is gold.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']There's no point to this show, it's essentially family guy with different characters. It seems like I'm watching the same show.[/quote]

That's exactally what I thought. It's basically Family Guy with different characters (yet the whole family "dynamic" of this show very much follows FG). There were some funny gags here and there, but it really lost the offbeat and outrageous writting that makes FG so great. I can't imagine this lasting long (maybe half a season), but hopefully people will tune into Family Guy to keep it on the air. It's (Family Guy) an edgier compliment to The Simpsons, but Americad DAD fails to be the edgier compliment to FG.

If everyone would stop comparing it to Family Guy, they'd see it's actually a decent show. Give it some time guys, it's only been one episode. Nothing is good whilst compared to Family Guy.

My favorite part from last night's episode:

"Is that you, Osama?!" :D

bread's done
Back