Dont get caught using a camcorder in CA theaters!

bignick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I got a kick out of this one. www.shortnews.com

Teen caught filming Spider-man 2
A 16 year old teen was caught secretly filming the first showing of Spider-Man 2 in a Los Angeles theater. The teen and two of his friends were arrested and handed over to the LAPD after leaving the midnight screening of the movie.
A projectionist, scanning the audience using night goggles caught the boy, whose name was not released because he was a minor. The boy was arrested for violation of a new California law that bans camcorders in movie theaters.
"In theaters nationwide there are now thousands of eyes looking for camcording pirates and this incident proves that pirates who use these devices in theaters will be caught." said James Spertus, director of MPAA's U.S. anti-piracy operations

When I went to a preview screening for Spiderman 2 on monday they flat out told us before the movie started that they would be scanning the crowd with night vision goggles.

I read that in england they gave ushers Night vision googles to see if anyone was taping Harry Potter. Also over here ushers can recieve a $500 reward for catching someone film a movie.

[quote name='Ericnmel99']I read that in england they gave ushers Night vision googles to see if anyone was taping Harry Potter. Also over here ushers can recieve a $500 reward for catching someone film a movie.[/quote]

no shit! I would find people, be like dude, I can hook it up so you can tape it, then turn them in!

I dont get why people film movies that way. Sure you can see the movie for free before its on video by downloading it off the internet. Every time I have seen them this way the picture quality and sound are really crappy. Not worth the risk or the time in my opinion.

Actual, my GF's theatre has camera's in all theaters so they can check whenever.

and yes, it funny watching some girl, for some reason, put her head in some guys lap, over and over again. We have to go and nicely tell them there's camera's. I wish there was a collection of photographs of thier expretions when we tell them that. It's fun!

good to hear people are getting busted on this....then maybe my ticket prices will start going down a little bit...those little shits!

:p

My news channel showed footage of the video taping in progress. A huge light illuminated his face. I wonder how those pirates can keep the camera still.

mini tripods, a slightly higher arm rest. Most of the ones i see get caought have a mini-DV cam hiding near thier crotch.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Wshakspear']Actual, my GF's theatre has camera's in all theaters so they can check whenever.

and yes, it funny watching some girl, for some reason, put her head in some guys lap, over and over again. We have to go and nicely tell them there's camera's. I wish there was a collection of photographs of thier expretions when we tell them that. It's fun![/quote]

You guys ruin all the fun! I won't be telling any girls about this. :D[/quote]
exactly, after business was finished, I would go to the manager, and ask for a copy of the tape.

[quote name='vanlandw']good to hear people are getting busted on this....then maybe my ticket prices will start going down a little bit...those little shits!

:p[/quote]

I'm sorry to tell you this, but tickets will never get cheaper.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='vanlandw']good to hear people are getting busted on this....then maybe my ticket prices will start going down a little bit...those little shits!

I'm sorry to tell you this, but tickets will never get cheaper.[/quote]

LMAO, tickets get cheaper??? Stopping piracy will never lower the prices of anything!

LOL Never say never, ticket prices at the theater down the street went down 50 whole cents, now it is merely 9 bucks after 4

there isnt a running tape, but it makes it easier to stop piracy/feet on seats/baby making in 18 theaters

[quote name='coolsteel']LOL Never say never, ticket prices at the theater down the street went down 50 whole cents, now it is merely 9 bucks after 4[/quote]

A lot of places give me a military discount, so I usually pay around $6 a ticket.

this guy was dumb, why tape the movie, I sure you can get it from p2p right now. Why go to all the work to tape it yourself when if you really want it you can DL it and not have to risk getting busted.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='vanlandw']good to hear people are getting busted on this....then maybe my ticket prices will start going down a little bit...those little shits!

LMAO, tickets get cheaper??? Stopping piracy will never lower the prices of anything![/quote]
It is a shame that this movie will only make $400,000,000. Don't be a pirate it could make $500,000,000!

[quote name='spoo'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='vanlandw']good to hear people are getting busted on this....then maybe my ticket prices will start going down a little bit...those little shits!

LMAO, tickets get cheaper??? Stopping piracy will never lower the prices of anything![/quote]
It is a shame that this movie will only make $400,000,000. Don't be a pirate it could make $500,000,000![/quote]

ha ha ha ya. Unless its a DVD rip, i dont even bother downloading it.

[quote name='zewone']That sucks it will make it harder for me to download movies off the net! Damn! J/K...or am I?[/quote]

Of course you are. :lol:

I'm wondering if other states will pass this law as well. Logically speaking, that would only make sense. After all, what else would you do with a camcorder in a movie theater?

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='KingDox']this guy was dumb, why tape the movie, I sure you can get it from p2p right now. Why go to all the work to tape it yourself when if you really want it you can DL it and not have to risk getting busted.[/quote]

Maybe he was one of the people that upload them to P2P. Thats how things get done.[/quote]

Hahahahaha. Thank you, zewone, you've made my day. :D

This guy at work always did that stuff, and tried to sell the movies. I watched one it was crap peoples head in the screen, plus the sound is awful.

Out ticket prices here in Omaha are pretty reasonable. There is one theatre that is like 8 something to get in, but right across town another theatre is 5 bucks to get in. Where do you think I go?(Hint: I'm a cheapass)

I'm glad they're busting these assholes. It may not make prices go down but I'm glad either way. It pisses me off to see these aborted test tube babies going "Oh Spiderman 2. I'm gonna tape a shitty copy, burn it and sell it. I didn't actually work for the movie but my lazy ass is gonna make money off of someone else's hard work." Yeah , I fuckin' hate bootleggers.......

Gah, they can catch piraters and people getting hummers in the theaters using night vision and video surveillence, but they can't shut the damn person who always talks too much during the movie, or find the woman who has the crying baby and kick them out.

Anyways, I'm glad thier catching these lame piraters. If I'm going to be a cheap ass about movies, I'll go and watch a matinee showing for $4. No way am I gonna waste my time downloading a crappy bootleg video, or buy a poor quality bootleg dvd that someone burned.

There's a theater in Raleigh,N.C. near the fairgrounds that cost $1.50. The movies are a little older bot not that old, a couple days ago i watched walking tall there and i liked it.

[quote name='Tom']We pay $5.50 for a ticket here.[/quote].

:shock: I pay $10 here and the theater just stopped giving out student discounts. Bastards.

I've always been told by friends that work in the theatre, that movie ticket prices are reflected on how much the theatre "rents' the movies from the production studios, and they make their profit off of concession sales. I dont think cracking down on pirating will decrease ticket sales, but who knows?

Sides, what ever happened to "theatre hoppin?"
J/k.

I remember when my friend tried to d/l 8 mile before it came to theatres. He also used dial-up and it took him a week! What happened when he first played the movie? It was Dumb and Dumber. I was LMAO when I found out.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Damn, that's some Splinter Cell shit right there! They are seriously cracking down on this.[/quote]

I guess I wasn't the only one who thought of Splinter Cell when I read BigNick's post.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']9 bucks after 4? hell I thought it was bad they were charging me $7.50.[/quote]

Must be nice not living in a big city.

In Los Angeles:

Cheapest - $8.50 (Regal)

Average - $9.75 (AMC)

Most Expensive - $14.00 (Arclight)

...and yes, the $14.00 tickets are worth it. Comfy seats, superior moviewatching environment, and reserved seating. :)

[quote name='amnesiacv2'][quote name='Cornfedwb']9 bucks after 4? hell I thought it was bad they were charging me $7.50.[/quote]

Must be nice not living in a big city.

In Los Angeles:

Cheapest - $8.50 (Regal)

Average - $9.75 (AMC)

Most Expensive - $14.00 (Arclight)

...and yes, the $14.00 tickets are worth it. Comfy seats, superior moviewatching environment, and reserved seating. :)[/quote]
I know I would pay $14 to get comfy seats and reserved seats, The theatre at our place sucks, no removable armo rests, and the seats have like 1/2 inch cushion and are barely fitting for my thin body frame.

I would sooo find a way to fook w/ those people. I would were some sort of flourescent shirt w/ a giant finger flipping them off. Ahhh, if only...

actually, find a seat off to the side and randomly bob your head up and down while no ones there...if some comes to tell you to stop, they'll be VERY confused.

Or even better, take a portable DVD player into theater playing a shitty picture and watch your own movie! When they come down you can tell them to fuck off and give you a refund!

bread's done
Back