Don't miss out on buying Valkyria Chronicles-Amazon

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
There is large possibility that there will likely be no more shipments of this game. Gamestop, walmart, best buy, etc. are all out of stock.

I found one at amazon for $24.98 http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chro..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295033665&sr=1-1

This game will also likely age well. If you buy a copy there is a good chance it will be worth a lot more in the future. The standard price of this game already jumped up by $5.

I picked it from a local Gamestop used for $17.99 price. Had one more $10 gift card to use, so this worked out well.

I haven't had my PS3 long, but I've secured all the exclusives I or my wife have been wanting now.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's cool Sega brought something original to this, and it looks great, but unfortunately like almost all strategy RPGs now, it's way too hard except for the super faithful.

They used to make these accessible for everyone...[/QUOTE]

It's not that hard. There were only a couple of missions that I had to re-do in order to pass, for whatever that's worth.

There are definitely reasons to not like this particular game or genre, but I definitely wouldn't pass because of the difficulty.

As a person who hates Strategy games or rather don't care about the genre itself, Valkyria Chroncles is a great title. For a few reasons: one, there's some degree of control between each playable character, it's more than just move-action-confirm in most SRPGs; two, there's no individual leveling system, so leveling a class means everyone in that class is leveled up as well; three, the game moves at a steady pace. It's hardly frustrating (saving for a couple of missions), there's some leeway for the player's actions, and overall it's compelling.

It has my approval.

I bought one of the last two sold by Amazon copies when this thread was posted (1/14). They still haven't shipped it yet and I have prime :( Wonder if I should just cancel and get it from HubbaGames.

Yes, I know the price I bought it at isn't a good deal. Nor am I banking on the resell value will go up. Reason I got it was because of the good things I've heard about the game, and I'd rather not miss a good game for a measly $5 difference.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I'd buy it, but meh, there are no Trophies!![/QUOTE]

If you're just playing for trophies, you aren't playing for fun. This game is fun.

[quote name='etcrane']Hey, did you guys know Amazon is selling a PS3 for $39.99!!
543.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Whattt? used?

bread's done
Back