Don't pee on your PS2.

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
http://www.funtechtalk.com/this-is-why-you-never-pee-on-your-playstation/

PS2 shall never die.

Laramie,WY-(Sat. 12th) Saturday night’s off campus party near the University of Wyoming ended abruptly with a trip to the local hospital for one drunk student.
With 20 plus friends invited over to break in his Playstation 3 Gary Wells had the makings of a great Saturday night college party. Friday Wells purchased his new Playstation at the local Wal-Mart in town and made plans for a few friends to come over the next night for a party.
Wells had been talking to his buddies about toping off the evening by destroying his old Playstation 2. With his recent upgrade to a new video game console he no longer needed the old one and wanted to send it off with a bang. He decided on having a drawing at the party and the winner would get to decide the demise of the Playstation.

At 11pm Wells’ party had now become a drunk fest and he said he had almost forgotten about the drawing. Everyone gathered around in the living room where the old Playstation was still attached to a small TV in the corner. Each person put their name on a small piece of paper and threw it into a bowl. Wells reached in and pulled out the winner. Mike Post , one of Wells’ best friends was the one.
Post was now so intoxicated he could barely stand. After the announcement Post without hesitation walked over to the Playstation and started urinating on it. For a moment everyone just laughed said student Amy Dixon. The mood quickly changed when Post fell to the floor unconscious. Not thinking about the video game console being still plugged in Post had just come close to electrocution.
After almost 10 seconds of being unconscious Post came to and was then taken to Ivinson Memorial Hospital in Laramie. He was released the next day with no major injuries.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']hahahaha

edit: I'm laughing because he bought a PS3, not because his drunk friend is a dumbass.[/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Did anyone see the Mythbusters episode where they claimed a urine stream could not conduct electricity?

I'm doubting this one a bit.[/quote]

I remember that one, yeah. I believe they ended up saying it was plausable but very, very unlikely. The reason why they said it didn't work was because it wasn't coming out as a 'full stream.' Plus doesn't alcohol tend to cause you to piss like a race horse anyways? Or maybe it was said to be plausable by standing in the puddle left behind that was touching whatever was conducting the electricity? I don't remember. >_<

I definitely do remember that myth though. It was about pissing on electrified railroad tracks.

Yes, the myth wouldn't work at first from the dummy doll they used because not enough connectivity between the pee was there. Then, they fixed it with more power to the stream so it came out faster, and bam, electrocuted. It would work if you peed normally/fast.

I'm sad that the PS2 wasn't given a good home, instead of getting pissed on by some drunk college kid.

I guess the owner wasn't smart enough to figure out that he could have sold the old PS2 to get more beer money...

[quote name='shieryda']I'm sad that the PS2 wasn't given a good home, instead of getting pissed on by some drunk college kid.

I guess the owner wasn't smart enough to figure out that he could have sold the old PS2 to get more beer money...[/QUOTE]

I think the idea is "where's the fun in that?"

... or the hospital visit...

I don't think they were talking about him being electrocuted by the stream of urine...I think they meant that he dropped to the floor unconscious dangerously close to the puddle of urine he had just created (which was surrounding and saturating said plugged in PS2), which definitely could have resulted in his electrocution.

Nice to see that we American youth are as crazy as ever.

Wait, wait...so this guy pisses on the floor, passes out, and ends up going to the hospital?!
Man, if people freaked out like that at the parties I went to in college, the hospitals would have been over-capacity every night.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Did anyone see the Mythbusters episode where they claimed a urine stream could not conduct electricity?

I'm doubting this one a bit.[/QUOTE]

But remember once they made the stream bigger it was able to...

Plus they rig wasn't full proof we have muscles that force urine out. IIRC they just had a beaker with a spout.

[quote name='karkyco']I don't think they were talking about him being electrocuted by the stream of urine...I think they meant that he dropped to the floor unconscious dangerously close to the puddle of urine he had just created (which was surrounding and saturating said plugged in PS2), which definitely could have resulted in his electrocution.[/QUOTE]

Read it again. His piss electrocuted him.

I once woke up on the couch after a party to see a friend of mine peeing on another dude that had passed out in the corner. My friend was so drunk he said later that he thought he was in the bathroom. The other guy was so drunk he didn't even know it.

Good times, good times....

"Don't cross the streams"
"Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light"

[quote name='DJPUN']"Don't cross the streams"
"Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light"[/QUOTE]

I like you.

That story reminds me of my one buddy, whose family has this Chow, which proceeded to lift its leg and soak his Playstation the one year around Christmas. Apparently, the dog wanted to go out but no one left him out, so he whizzed on the PS1 in the corner. It was in a bag AND unplugged, but imagine if it weren't.

My buddy took it out of the bag a day or two later and you could hear the rest of the urine swishing around INSIDE it. :whistle2:X

He later on opened it up and dried it out and shockingly, it played perfectly. LOL

Oh and I believe there was another Mythbusters episode, one about peeing on an electric fence. THAT was the one with the disrupted stream being the reason why the electricity wasn't making it into the body, I think.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
He later on opened it up and dried it out and shockingly, it played perfectly. LOL
[/quote]

Actually, that isn't shocking at all (do you even realize how awesome your pun is??). I work on radios for the park service, and handheld radios being dropped in water is pretty much the number one problem that comes up. Most are waterproof, but some aren't. As long as everything dries properly and only a small amount of rust forms on the solder, an electronic will never be damaged by its circuitry getting wet so long as the electronic doesn't actually have power going through it. If the device is plugged in, it will obviously short out, but even then you usually just need to replace a fuse somewhere. This doesn't apply to high-current devices like televisions, where the capacitors actually store power like a battery and will cause a short, but that's getting too technical. Incidentally, this is why on older tube televisions, you can turn them on after unplugging them, and they will spark to life for split second -- if you wanted to be truly anal, you could do this whenever you used the television to discharge built up power.

ANYWAY

This story is so awesome. I always get a little bit more happy about the world when a drunken idiot gets hurt by doing something reckless and stupid.

bread's done
Back