Don't preorder stuff too far in advance from Walmart.com

rainking187

CAGiversary!
Feedback
407 (100%)
Well, this sucks. I preordered God Eater Burst from Walmart.com after Christmas using a giftcard I got. Today I found out it's getting exclusive preorder DLC at GameStop so I decided to cancel my Walmart order. I went into my order status and discovered there's no cancellation button. So I emailed them about it. First I got an unelpful automated response, then later on a response from an actual person, which wasn't really much better. Here's what it said:

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding the status of your cancelation request.

I have requested to cancel your order per your request. Please note due to the fact that this item is a preorder the cancelation request will not be confirmed until around the time your order is slated to ship. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

We will do our best to honor your cancel request. Please note: Because we process orders as quickly as possible, sometimes the request to cancel arrives after shipment processing has begun, at which time canceling is not possible. The status of the item(s) you want to cancel will be displayed as ?Processing? until: your order successfully cancels or updates to shipped. You will receive a cancellation confirmation email or a shipment confirmation.

So basically I have to wait until the game comes out (two months) for them to actually cancel my order, and even then it's not a 100% thing, and honestly the email kind of makes it sound like my order will probably ship out anyways. So much for using the giftcard on something I'd actually want to buy in the meantime.

[quote name='rainking187']Well, this sucks. I preordered God Eater Burst from Walmart.com after Christmas using a giftcard I got. Today I found out it's getting exclusive preorder DLC at GameStop so I decided to cancel my Walmart order. I went into my order status and discovered there's no cancellation button. So I emailed them about it. First I got an unelpful automated response, then later on a response from an actual person, which wasn't really much better. Here's what it said:

So basically I have to wait until the game comes out (two months) for them to actually cancel my order, and even then it's not a 100% thing, and honestly the email kind of makes it sound like my order will probably ship out anyways. So much for using the giftcard on something I'd actually want to buy in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to walmart, come for the high prices, stay for the surprise sex.

[quote name='rainking187']honestly the email kind of makes it sound like my order will probably ship out anyways.[/QUOTE]

Only "after shipment processing has begun," which it hasn't because the item doesn't exist yet.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah that is a shitty policy. Wont be pre-ordering from them ever. How hard is it to have a cancel button?[/QUOTE]

Pretty damn hard, apparently.

You could try contacting their customer service via their phone number so you can speak with someone directly, but I wish you luck with that as well.

A few weeks before Christmas, I was trying to locate a shipped package which was "stuck" a few towns over at a post office. I called their cust service hotline a few times over a few days, spent over an hour total waiting to reach someone and nobody ever picked up.

Great job Walmart!

bread's done
Back