don't try to trade in Army Men RTS and Sarge War from bestbuy to wherehouse.com!!!!!

mackaikai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
hi, has anyone traded in those games to wherehouse.com before? I was about to trade in those 2 games to wherehouse but found out that the UPC codes don't match with the one they have....

is this going to be a problem?!

also, is it really true that we can trade in more than 1 copy of a same game and they will accept it just fine?

thanks in advance

update: these are probably reprints with new UPC codes...so guys don't bother sending them to wherehouse.com since they are probably going to reject your trade-in.

just a head up

update 2: [quote name='GunstarRed']Outlaw Golf 2 and EyeToy Antigrav are two more to add to the different UPC list. One version fetches $18.40 and the other one they do not buy at all (most likely your version) in case anyone was thinking of getting them on the cheap from CC and GameRush.[/quote]

[quote name='mackaikai']hi, has anyone traded in those games to wherehouse.com before? I was about to trade in those 2 games to wherehouse but found out that the UPC codes don't match with the one they have....

is this going to be a problem?!

also, is it really true that we can trade in more than 1 copy of a same game and they will accept it just fine?
[/quote]

I never traded in either of those 2 games specifically, so I couldn't tell you about that. But I think for trading to wherehouse.com, yeah the #'s probably hav to match. If you were to trade in store (FYE, Wherehouse, etc.) you might be able to get away with it cause they would probably look it up by name.

As for more than one copy, yes you can, but you have to do it in separate shipments. If you send more than one copy in one shipment, they will send it back to you.

I traded in Sarge's War when it netted $20 credit and now it only gets $18.xx...anyways I got my $20 credit no problem and then bought some CD's.

[quote name='3QGojo']I traded in Sarge's War when it netted $20 credit and now it only gets $18.xx...anyways I got my $20 credit no problem and then bought some CD's.[/quote]

did you check the UPC code? i bought Sarge War from Bestbuy today and found out that the UPC code is different from the one that quotes 18 dollars

[quote name='Masterkyo']My local bestbuy have both games on GC for $10 each or $5 each after coupon. I'll checkout my local wharehouse tomorrow ;)[/QUOTE]

I thought it was wierd these showed up at Best Buy in such quantity. Then I saw them both today at Target on the endcap for $9.99. So they must have reprinted them or something.

Check the UPC's!

I have traded these games into Wherehouse and had the following happen (Yes, by the way, Wherehouse will likely reject a multiple copy if sent on the same order. If you wait a few weeks and send the next copy, they will either accept it, or give you a made-up excuse):

I got one Army Men game by itself, and the other one as part of a "Twin Pack". Traded both Army Men games in. I received an email rejecting the Twin Pack game because "The UPC did not match." After responding with a complaint ("How can this be? The games clearly match, look at the pictures, etc.") they responded by giving me a very reasonable partial credit (At the time they were offering $26 and gave me $20, so I still came out plenty ahead). They have always mailed back my rejected games, so I want to point out that it was important for me to email them back quickly before they mailed it back out.

I know of at least one other person who had an identical experience, so check those UPC's...or, be prepared to send a quick response to their rejection and receive a partial credit.

[quote name='chosen1s']Check the UPC's!

I have traded these games into Wherehouse and had the following happen (Yes, by the way, Wherehouse will likely reject a multiple copy if sent on the same order. If you wait a few weeks and send the next copy, they will either accept it, or give you a made-up excuse):

I got one Army Men game by itself, and the other one as part of a "Twin Pack". Traded both Army Men games in. I received an email rejecting the Twin Pack game because "The UPC did not match." After responding with a complaint ("How can this be? The games clearly match, look at the pictures, etc.") they responded by giving me a very reasonable partial credit (At the time they were offering $26 and gave me $20, so I still came out plenty ahead). They have always mailed back my rejected games, so I want to point out that it was important for me to email them back quickly before they mailed it back out.

I know of at least one other person who had an identical experience, so check those UPC's...or, be prepared to send a quick response to their rejection and receive a partial credit.[/quote]
thanks a lot! guys, don't bother with those Bestbuy Army Men games....i think they are all reprints....both RTS and Sarge War's UPC codes don't match with the ones on Wherehouse.com (actually one matches and it shows "currently not buying this game")

i should have double checked the UPC code before i unwrap the game....now i am stuck with it ;o

[quote name='mackaikai']thanks a lot! guys, don't bother with those Bestbuy Army Men games....i think they are all reprints....both RTS and Sarge War's UPC codes don't match with the ones on Wherehouse.com (actually one matches and it shows "currently not buying this game")

i should have double checked the UPC code before i unwrap the game....now i am stuck with it ;o[/QUOTE]

Sucks. I have done exactly the same thing before with other games. Open it up and then I'm stuck with it. Still, you could send it and just have the "why not?" email ready to go when they reject it.

Wherehouse is by far the pickiest to do trade-ins with. Everything must be MINT & FLAWLESS or they WILL reject it. They've rejected some CDs I sent in before that had the BMG Music UPC instead of the original UPC, so I'm guessing they would do the same with video game UPCs. If you look up games on the site, they usually have the different UPC versions up like Army Men RTS. For some stupid reason they acknowledge both exist, yet do not buy one and yet take the other for $18!

I kind of liked Army Men RTS personally. It's one of the very few Army Men games that doesn't completely suck. Who's repriting those anyway? Didn't 3D0 go out of business?

Outlaw Golf 2 and EyeToy Antigrav are two more to add to the different UPC list. One version fetches $18.40 and the other one they do not buy at all (most likely your version) in case anyone was thinking of getting them on the cheap from CC and GameRush.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Outlaw Golf 2 and EyeToy Antigrav are two more to add to the different UPC list. One version fetches $18.40 and the other one they do not buy at all (most likely your version) in case anyone was thinking of getting them on the cheap from CC and GameRush.[/QUOTE]

No kidding! I had assume that the two different Antigravs were the one with the camera and the one without (also assuming that the one with the camera was the more expensive one). Wrong! The cheaper one was the one that I got _with_ the camera. I'm tempted to just try and trade-in the game itself and see what happens, but it dosen't have a UPC on it at all...

bread's done
Back