Doom 3-$50 w/trades at EB Games-Some EXCLUSIONS--YMMV

Kingjay89

CAGiversary!
I just came back from EB Games and treding in several games toward Doom 3. I knew the games were on the exclusion list but planned to just trade them in toward Doom 3. As the employee was scanning the games, I saw a flyer for trading 5 games for $50 for Doom 3. To my surprise he said sure.

Games traded in toward Doom 3:
MVP Baseball 2004
Rainbow Six 3
Return to Castle Wolfenstien
Chronicles of Riddick
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Yeouch! Here Ithought he was going to trade in a bunch of Jampacks or Mojo's and Mad Maestros, but those are good games!

Sure those are good games, but what do those usually give back in trade in value? MVP and Wolfstein, and probably even RS 3 like a couple bucks? Pandora Tomorrow is a $20 title now isn't it so that wouldn't get much either. Riddick I would guess probably less than $10 as well. If he's done with them I'd say he got a decent deal for himself. I wouldn't do it, but he's not me.

You got fu(ked. Hard. I hope they at least gave you a kiss on the cheek. You could have traded any of those here, pretty much game for game and come out on top.

If you have a Gamerush in your area, you may want to try them first next time. Personally, I have mixed feelings on trading in stuff. On the one hand, you can say "Hey those are great games and you should keep them." On the other hand, if you fisnihed them, and don't ever see yourself playing them again, the only thing they are going to do is take up shelf space. May as well trade them in while they are worth something.

Since I know that I am holding onto my XBOX, I plan on keeping all of games because 5 years from now, I may want to play I game I have now. I have traded in too many games and consoles that I now want back to make that mistake again.

Also, this should not be a YMMV deal. Every EB should be doing the same trade 5 get it free deal. They only YMMV part might have to do with certain stores taking excluded games, but every store should have the deal.

[quote name='greydemise']sry man..but u lost on this one :\..u traded in some good stuff[/quote]

Sure it was good stuff at the time but now its not. I beat Riddick twice and had picked it up on Black Friday for $10 (so I didnt lose anything). My EB sells Rainbow 6 3 for $5 new(but I got $10 credit for it). MVP Baseball was a great game but I already have this years version and the value will soon decline quickly. Wolfenstien is good but im about to pick up Brothers in Arms in a week or so which is a much better WWII game. I already have black arrow so there is no reason to have Rainbow 6 3 And Pandora Tomorrow is one of my favorite games but the new one is coming out soon.
Game Title-----Credit I would have got------Credit I got-----Profit
Pandora Tomorrow---$4------$10------$+6
Riddick-----------------$4------$10------$+6
Wolfenstien------------$2------$10------$+8
Rainbow 6 3-----------$2------$10------$+8
MVP 2004--------------$3------$10------$+7
Total--------------------$15----$50------$+35

I made out better here then I did when I did the TRU and EB games deal

[quote name='Stryffe2004']If you have a Gamerush in your area, you may want to try them first next time. Personally, I have mixed feelings on trading in stuff. On the one hand, you can say "Hey those are great games and you should keep them." On the other hand, if you fisnihed them, and don't ever see yourself playing them again, the only thing they are going to do is take up shelf space. May as well trade them in while they are worth something.

Since I know that I am holding onto my XBOX, I plan on keeping all of games because 5 years from now, I may want to play I game I have now. I have traded in too many games and consoles that I now want back to make that mistake again.[/quote]

See Game Rush update for today for killer deals coming up.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']none of those games are on the exclusion list... :roll:[/quote]

The manager told me that some of the games were on the exclusion list and that other games that were on the list still could be traded in (sorry didnt ask what other games)

[quote name='Kingjay89']

I made out better here then I did when I did the TRU and EB games deal[/quote]

This is why I'm against trading in games... you don't get crap in credit unless the game is a week old. Ebay is a life (and money) saver... Learn to use it.:)

[quote name='Vinny'][quote name='Kingjay89']

This is why I'm against trading in games... you don't get crap in credit unless the game is a week old. Ebay is a life (and money) saver... Learn to use it.:)[/quote]

I'd agree with that. You could have gotten another $20 or so had you sold them on ebay. Of course you have to deal with listing them and shupping them out.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Vinny'][quote name='Kingjay89']

This is why I'm against trading in games... you don't get crap in credit unless the game is a week old. Ebay is a life (and money) saver... Learn to use it.:)[/quote]

I'd agree with that. You could have gotten another $20 or so had you sold them on ebay. Of course you have to deal with listing them and shupping them out.[/quote]

I often sell games on ebay but this time was different. I use my dad's paypal account and I owe him a couple hundred dollars so all the money I would have made would have gone to pay him off rather then to purchase more games.

[quote name='Kingjay89'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Vinny'][quote name='Kingjay89']

I'd agree with that. You could have gotten another $20 or so had you sold them on ebay. Of course you have to deal with listing them and shupping them out.[/quote]

I often sell games on ebay but this time was different. I use my dad's paypal account and I owe him a couple hundred dollars so all the money I would have made would have gone to pay him off rather then to purchase more games.[/quote]'

God forbid paying off debt, especially toward family members, should come before games...

I think the thing to note here is that Doom 3 can be had with 5 games not on the exclusion list, not that this KingNewbie guy let himself get fu*ked in the ass.

bread's done
Back