Doom 3 Collectors Edition (Xbox) - $19.99 Wal-Mart B&M YMMV

Pure Apathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
129 (100%)
I've been waiting for a price drop on this game for awhile now. It has been $29.99 forever. I went into work today and seen that they had marked it down to $19.99. I'm thinking this could be a home office markdown because my store never marks down games or puts them on clearance. That is, unless it is a home office markdown or universal price drop.

if it's universal, then it's a good deal for people who didn't get in on the BF sale at EB/Gamestop. That Collector's Edition is worth 20 bucks just for having classic doom and doom 2 on it :)

Might want to put XBox platform in thread title... of course, I don't think the Collector's Edition was even released on PC... how ya like them apples? :cry:

[quote name='Razorguts']Might want to put XBox platform in thread title... of course, I don't think the Collector's Edition was even released on PC... how ya like them apples? :cry:[/QUOTE]

What did the Collector's Edition add besides Doom and Doom2? Doesn't seem like there's any reason to need to release a CE for the PC since PC gamers have had these great games for 10+ years now. It's great to finally have a decent version on a console that isn't a homebrew port.

Thanks for the deal, I might have to pick this up even though I don't own an XBox yet.

[quote name='Genocidal']What did the Collector's Edition add besides Doom and Doom2? Doesn't seem like there's any reason to need to release a CE for the PC since PC gamers have had these great games for 10+ years now.[/QUOTE]
Getting the original Doom and Doom 2 to run on modern machines can be very trying these days for an average gamer. Plus, re-releases add mouse support and other upgraded features (updated sound/video driver support, etc.)

And I'm sure the CE would come with the obligatory "making of" and "interviews with the developers" or what not. :)

I can amen what the last guy said o.o but all you need is an old compy with Windows 95 and learn DOS and you have everything.

I play Duke Nukem 3D, Quake 1, and C&C ^_^ My faves!

[quote name='Razorguts']Getting the original Doom and Doom 2 to run on modern machines can be very trying these days for an average gamer. Plus, re-releases add mouse support and other upgraded features (updated sound/video driver support, etc.)

And I'm sure the CE would come with the obligatory "making of" and "interviews with the developers" or what not. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, if anyone is said average gamer and reads this thread, just go DL ZDaemon or ZDoom and all your problems will be solved, plus you'll have a nice interface to frag some others online.

[quote name='Razorguts']And I'm sure the CE would come with the obligatory "making of" and "interviews with the developers" or what not. :)[/QUOTE]

It has the Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 games, with up to four players on split screen. G4 icons TV special, and concept art. There could be one feature I'm missing, but those are the ones I remember.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Sweet. I was thinking about buying it from epicwolf, idiot never answered my pm though. Gotta check it out[/QUOTE]

His account got messed up. You might want to check the first post of his TL.

Hmm...$20 for D3: CE is a very nice price. I was thinking about picking this up 2 days ago at GameCrazy for $30 but I got DMC3 over it, but I can also pick this up for $20.

hell yeah. i scored big at Sears today, now i've gotta go over to BB to have them make good on a digi camera warranty, and walmart happens to be right beside it. i think i'll pick up some of those three pack crappy PS2 games just for extra cases for my collection. scope out ebgames as well for B2G1, and Target for clearance.

i saw a PaRappa the Rapper mint complete at gamestop thursday for $12, so great choice for the B2G1 deal.

bread's done
Back