Dota fans want an invite to the Heroes of Newerth Beta?

deku12345

CAG Veteran
I have an extra key invite for the closed beta. Whoever wants it, pm me your email and I'll send the invite there.

Heroes of Newerth is essentially a remake of DOTA from warcraft 3 (with Icefrog's permission) with a standalone engine and proper community support. Basically an effort to free DOTA from the constraints of the outdated Warcraft 3 engine and make an engine that caters to DOTAs style of play. Its being made by independent developer S2. (Savage)

Note that the learning curve of this game is pretty brutal, as the community is not exactly the most helpful. I'd recommend this only if you've played DOTA before.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you actually participated in the beta and not just look at it as a free game. This means submitting bugs when you find them, contributing positively to the forums, etc. I've been really impressed with how S2 has handled this beta so far, being really close to the community and posting in the forums keeping us posted on everything their doing. I feel that they deserve beta testers that will meet them halfway on that fact.

Woo, this ended up being longer than I thought. Will only be in closed beta for a little while longer, so now's a good time to get in!

EDIT: Forgot to mention. The game is available for PC, Mac and even Linux! So that's pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I used to play DotA religiously a few years back but then got busy with other things. I'm in school right now and wouldn't have time to play much otherwise I would be all over this. I was watching videos of this on YouTube and it looks pretty sweet for anyone that is big into DotA. I might have to pick up a copy of this game once its actually released.

Uh..so no one sent me a pm XD. I need to enter an email on HON's website and they send out the invite. Soo whoever pms me first will get the key.

EDIT: Turns out I had three keys. Thought I only had one. Anyway, the first three who pmed me got 'em, so they're all gone for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a huge fan of DoTA for over 6 years now and just recently heard of this game. If anyone has an extra key that would be amazing. I am just dying to start owning in a remade dota outside of wc3. Email me at [email protected] if you have a key. Thanks

bread's done
Back