Down with Gamestop, up with Blockbuster!!

xfacta82

CAG Veteran
Me and my friend went to gamestop the other day and he had 11 games to trade in. He was gonna buy Socom 3 with the money he got. Well we get in there and he goes through and scans all the games and tells us well only get 19.97. For 11 games, give me a break. Then, disgusted, we head to over to blockbuster. They scan them all and we get 40.80. Unbelievable!!! Twice as much. After this, I am never setting foot in a gamestop ever again to trade my games.

Welcome to Captialism. Just because Gamestop offered you a low price, doesn't mean they are bad. I'm curious to what the 11 games where.

Blockbuster has to give more...they're a new company and they don't have quite the amount of games that Gamestop does.

What games were you trading in anyway?

Wow! $20 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much gas did it take to drive to Blockbuster? How long before an eomployee actually noticed you? How lon did the trade-in process take? How many sports/wrestling/racing games did you take?

Wow is this national insult a newbie day?
Why are you guys crapping on his happiness? He felt he got shafted at gamestop, went to BB, and ended with almost enough credit to get socom3 and you guys have nothing congratulatory to say? Pft!
I'm sure you all have your favorite game stores because they give better trade in deals.
Don't be asses just cause you can.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Wow is this national insult a newbie day?
Why are you guys crapping on his happiness? He felt he got shafted at gamestop, went to BB, and ended with almost enough credit to get socom3 and you guys have nothing congratulatory to say? Pft!
I'm sure you all have your favorite game stores because they give better trade in deals.
Don't be asses just cause you can.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, Good trade in.

List?

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Wow is this national insult a newbie day?
Don't be asses just cause you can.[/QUOTE]

Hey, give these guys a break. At least they isn't another stupid anti EB/GS thread.
But you know the second the guy gives the list, everybody will reply back with "You would have made more on eBay or trading here" ;)

[quote name='Zing']Less than $4 a game is a terrible trade no matter where you go.[/QUOTE]

If someone gave you $4 for Madden 2001 or RTX Red Rock, you would decline them?

This threads so typical of this forums regulars attitudes.

Congrats OP, i'm glad you were able to squeeze a little more out of your collection at BB, I would have done the same thing.

[quote name='Metal Boss']This threads so typical of this forums regulars attitudes.

Congrats OP, i'm glad you were able to squeeze a little more out of your collection at BB, I would have done the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Well its typical that we get 2-3 of these threads each day.

Heres the long awaited list, kinda.

Cant remember every single game but none of them were sports games. So dont be saying "Oh well thats what you get for trading in madden 2001" cuz i wasnt. Here are a couple of them: Socom 2, Need For Speed Underground, LOTR: Two Towers, Socom 1, 007 AUF, and I cant remember the rest. But there were 11. Im not saying gamestop is a bad place to go, but just not the right place for trading in games.

Gamestop blows. Everybody knows that. The ONLY way you should ever trade in games is with deals, and even then they usually aren't too good with prices. Selling on CAG/E-Bay is F*ing awesome. You get more than would trading in, and the buyer will probably get it for less than a store wants. Anyway...uh..congrats for not getting completely scammed..I guess.

[quote name='xfacta82']Heres the long awaited list, kinda.

Cant remember every single game but none of them were sports games. So dont be saying "Oh well thats what you get for trading in madden 2001" cuz i wasnt. Here are a couple of them: Socom 2, Need For Speed Underground, LOTR: Two Towers, Socom 1, 007 AUF, and I cant remember the rest. But there were 11. Im not saying gamestop is a bad place to go, but just not the right place for trading in games.[/QUOTE]

Not bad. I wouldn't call this a terrible trade, since I doubt many people would pony up more than 4 dollars for Agent Under Fire. Most of those games wouldn't be worth the hassle of trying to put up on Ebay, so you made the right decision.

I wasn't going to join in with everyone and start messing with you, but you bought Socom 3 with your credit, so you automatically suck.

nuttin but a bunch of bithches and fan boys are on this sight, they all suck imo, eb, gs, gr, gc, they all suck, and they have gotten worse, so to hell with them all yardsal way to go

[quote name='MrMaddness']Blockbuster has to give more...they're a new company and they don't have quite the amount of games that Gamestop does.

[/QUOTE]

Going to go see The Goonies next month? I don't think that new talk show named Oprah is going to make it, either.

Hey..I know the list..hes my brother...here are some of the games....
Socom 1, Socom 2, Terminator 3, and He will know the rest...but there were no sports games, no wrestling games, the deal at Gamestop was crazy and BB will most likely keep up with their good trade in values, but to supports Gamestop, they do sell old sports games cheaper then BB, i got Madden 05 today for 10 at GS, BB had it for 15.

[quote name='xfacta82']Heres the long awaited list, kinda.

Cant remember every single game but none of them were sports games. So dont be saying "Oh well thats what you get for trading in madden 2001" cuz i wasnt. Here are a couple of them: Socom 2, Need For Speed Underground, LOTR: Two Towers, Socom 1, 007 AUF, and I cant remember the rest. But there were 11. Im not saying gamestop is a bad place to go, but just not the right place for trading in games.[/QUOTE]

Gamestops have TONS of these games, and sell most of those for less than 10 bucks.

Why would they give you top dollar when al the games you were trading in were over a year old, most 2-3. They already have 30 copies of each and can't sell them at the $7.99 they are trying to get for them now. I don't blame GameStop, who wants to clog their shelves/drawers with more fo the same crap?

[quote name='Scahom1']If someone gave you $4 for ... RTX Red Rock, you would decline them?[/QUOTE]
Hell yes. RTX may be fairly poor, but it's redeeming qualities make it worth more than $4.

[quote name='The VGM']I wasn't going to join in with everyone and start messing with you, but you bought Socom 3 with your credit, so you automatically suck.[/QUOTE]

Funny that this is coming from a huge Lil Wayne fan.

Anyway, I still think you should have probably kept those games as SOCOM II one day will become one of those with horrible trade in credits, but whatever, they're your games.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Going to go see The Goonies next month? I don't think that new talk show named Oprah is going to make it, either.[/QUOTE]

New company to game trades, critical shaq-fuer.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Nice deal, way to tell gamestop to go fuck themselves.[/QUOTE]

Yea, he really showed them. Tomorrow they will probably file Chapter 11.

[quote name='MrMaddness']New company to game trades, critical shaq-fuer.[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster/Game Rush has been doing trade-ins for 2 years, 3 years in some part of America. There not 'new' just stupid.

gamestop and eb are the old way to trade games now that they will join to become one store maybe they should rethink there tactics and shell out a lil more on these games before blockbuster ownz them perminately.

Blockbuster however should realy get there shit 2geather they make u work for that extra dollar with rudeness and they seem to like to close peoples accounts when they trade to much there...not realy a great way to do buisness .

Maybe if trade in places respected there customers like real fucking stores they would be the top of the food chain .

Sometimes id reather pay full price for a game just to avoid dealing with there bullshit.

I remember one time someone was pissed because I ( as a GS employee) would only give them $2.00 for a medal of honor. Later that week we shipped out 175 copies to other stores and the warehouse. Usually when one store has more than 100 copies of a game, the trade in will be a little low.

[quote name='MrMaddness']New company to game trades, critical shaq-fuer.[/QUOTE]

Not so much either. You need to get out more. And learn humor while you're at it.

I love Gamestop for buying used DVDs especially season box sets for stuff I know I wouldn't pay full price for anyway. Blockbuster is notorius for not selling box sets together but for trade-ins we all know that when Gamestop isn't having a special their prices do suck but Blockbuster's everyday prices are decent when you just want to get rid of some games.

Personally, I can't see how ANYONE could justify trading in ELEVEN games and 10.00 for a single game.

Also, the fact that you traded in 2 of pretty much the same game (Socom 1 & 2) for it.

[quote name='dragonpancakes']I remember one time someone was pissed because I ( as a GS employee) would only give them $2.00 for a medal of honor. [/QUOTE]

OMG! Those are hard to get! You have to do something courageous! That man/woman was a war veteran! You should be ashamed!

bread's done
Back