Download Dragon Age 2 demo, get up to 3 free items

Captain Urahara

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
Bioware has just posted on their Facebook page that if Dragon Age 2 receives a collective total of 1 million downloads between the PC, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360, then they will unlock 2 additional in-game items for Dragon Age 2. One is a tome that grants additional XP when read, the other grants additional money when read.
This is in addition to "Hayder's Razor" which you get for completing the demo.

Details are located here

Downloading the demo only counts once, as you MUST sign into your EA account for it to verify, and each console will use your same EA Account obviously.

When you complete the demo, you will NOT get confirmation that you unlocked "Hayder's Razor", but if you signed into your EA Account then it will bind it to your account. Go to the Bioware forums, sign in, and check your Registered Game Promotions to find it. You will get the sword for the console you played it on(PC/PS3/360) and you can unlock it on all 3 if you so choose. That just requires beating the demo on all 3.

Also, be sure to stop by Xenogears' thread for info on unlocking some additional Dragon Age 2 items.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised this hasn't drawn more attention. Download a FREE demo and earn 1 FREE item, as well as 2 more FREE items if it's downloaded 1 million times collectively.

Strange.

Looking forward to this demo. =D

More demos should include incentives to downloading them, even though I download most of them anyway, just to try something new.

Demo is available NOW. Download it and sign in with your EA account to verify your download and contribute to the 1 Million Mark.

Also, changed the title to make things clearer.

I enjoyed the first one, but it wasn't really replayable for me. I'll try out the demo to see if DA2 is a little less...clunky.

[quote name='Snookie']Looking forward to this demo. =D

More demos should include incentives to downloading them, even though I download most of them anyway, just to try something new.[/QUOTE]

I know I download most demos and play them maybe 5- 10 minutes before I decide if I want to buy or not. This is the first demo I've played all the way through since owning a 360.

I signed in with my EA account for the demo on the 360 but didn't get anything that told me that I got the Hayden's Razor... I then logged into the network and still nothing.

[quote name='Shane_For_Wax']I signed in with my EA account for the demo on the 360 but didn't get anything that told me that I got the Hayden's Razor... I then logged into the network and still nothing.[/QUOTE]
Did you go to the Bioware Forums/Social Network and check your Registered Game Promotions? It should be there. I unlocked Hayder's Razor for both 360 and PS3 so far, each unlocking literally a split second after beating the demo on each respective console.

You will NOT get a confirmation in the demo itself that you unlocked the sword.

That's what I meant by the Network. I know how to check that place for everything.

I figured it out. You have to actually finish the demo, not just start it up, play a bit then exit out.

I now have 3 items waiting to be unlocked when DA2 comes out along with the 5 from DA: Legends, and the extras from pre-ordering the signature edition :D

Yeah Hayder's Razor requires you to actually beat/complete the demo.

The 2 extra books only require you to verify your download, though they only unlock if 1 million downloads are verified.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I know I download most demos and play them maybe 5- 10 minutes before I decide if I want to buy or not. This is the first demo I've played all the way through since owning a 360.[/QUOTE]

I complete nearly every demo I download, just for the sake of finishing it. Very few demos have convinced me to buy the full game, and after playing this one I'm still on the edge about DA2. =/

[quote name='Snookie']I complete nearly every demo I download, just for the sake of finishing it. Very few demos have convinced me to buy the full game, and after playing this one I'm still on the edge about DA2. =/[/QUOTE]

Some games are just not worth it at all.

I pre-ordered the Signature Edition from Amazon and playing the demo made my decision for me. I am selling my copy on eBay for profit. This game is just not worth it, the demo for the game was quite boring. The only way I would ever consider keeping it is if that pirate chick in the demo was topless which she isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back