Download Movie to PS3

Possibly? DVD's and mu guess is blue-rays to, have features on them that prevent your from "ripping" the movie, like you can muic from CD's. If it is possible My guess would be hook the ps3 directly to your computer via double ended uSB cabel. This is of course a guess, I have no way of knowing if a PC will even read ps3, and if this is possible, but if it is it seems the most plausible way to do it.

you can watch movies on your ps3 by way of harddrive or thumbdrive. i do it sometimes and it works pretty well but some formats dont work. i wish theyd hurry up and make it where you can play avi , rmvb and mkv files on it then id be set. but the only way ive heard of pulling that off is by installing an os onto your ps3.

[quote name='lokizz']you can watch movies on your ps3 by way of harddrive or thumbdrive. i do it sometimes and it works pretty well but some formats dont work. i wish theyd hurry up and make it where you can play avi , rmvb and mkv files on it then id be set. but the only way ive heard of pulling that off is by installing an os onto your ps3.[/quote]

pretty much why I just use my ps3 for blue-rays, The only OS ps3 currently supports is Unbuto witch is a Linux mod, the whole process seems more troble then it;s worth, I don't really get the benifit of having your ps3 act as a pc.

If the movie is in a supported format, you can copy it to the PS3 harddrive via USB drive or even via the media streaming feature. Just press triangle on the movie and select copy.

I watch workout shows and anime from a hard drive and it works really well, but any movies or regular tv shows I've watched look really pixelated. I don't really DL a lot of 720p stuff, though so that could be why.

[quote name='dingo_stole_mybaby']I watch workout shows and anime from a hard drive and it works really well, but any movies or regular tv shows I've watched look really pixelated. I don't really DL a lot of 720p stuff, though so that could be why.[/quote]

It depends on the file's video resolution. My wife has been watching the Tales of the Abyss anime and it looks fantastic on our 37-in HDTV. The .avi files run roughly 230MB each.

Ive been using this method to rip dvd movies to avi Ive created for quite some time, and when im done i transfer it to a usb drive (so i dont waste dvds). I made a little guide on how to do it here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/751516

Also, Ive been notified that you can skip step 3, although renaming the movie beforehand (aka, changing just the title name, not changing the file extension) will automatically be renamed the same file when youre finished encoding. Makes it a little easier to find your file when its all done.

An easier way is just to use Handbrake and DVD43.

DVD43 decodes the DVD on the fly (no interface needed, it just runs in your system tray) and Handbrake can rip and create a file playable on a PS3, iPod, etc.

bread's done
Back