Downloadable version of The Witcher 2 only $40.00 on amazon.

thanks op for posting but just as a recommendation guys, just go for the boxed premium edition for five dollars more. It also comes with a 10 dollar credit as of now for amazon.com plus you get some pretty cool things beyond the game with it. itll be free two day shipping with prime or free super saving shipping otherwise

[quote name='segaplayer']thanks op for posting but just as a recommendation guys, just go for the boxed premium edition for five dollars more. It also comes with a 10 dollar credit as of now for amazon.com plus you get some pretty cool things beyond the game with it. itll be free two day shipping with prime or free super saving shipping otherwise[/QUOTE]

good point man thanks

Just to be clear - The boxed Premium edition (which, as CD Projeckt says, is the base edition of physical copy) is $45 at amazon with a $10 promotional credit, and has a lot of nice old-school freebies in the box. Net: $35, one day after release. And Amazon's free shipping.

The download edition is $40.

Thanks to both of you for the tips.

Honestly, I expect the price of this game will plummet fast, because of GOG's "DRM-free" download edition. Very quickly, anyone who wants a free copy is going to be able to get one with a minimum of hassle, from a friend or through nefarious sources. The price will move down quickly to capture people who are on the fence about pirating software. Capture them with a very attractive price.

[quote name='gcorlett']
Honestly, I expect the price of this game will plummet fast, because of GOG's "DRM-free" download edition. Very quickly, anyone who wants a free copy is going to be able to get one with a minimum of hassle, from a friend or through nefarious sources. The price will move down quickly to capture people who are on the fence about pirating software. Capture them with a very attractive price.[/QUOTE]

GOG's DRM free copy has nothing to do with it. Games with the strongest DRM I've seen online the day of release or even before. GOG is just being realistic.

Damn, I paid $49.99 for the physical edition yesterday and apparently the price dropped before the end of the day. I'll have to get that extra $5 refunded.

I just preordered directly from GoG for $45. Included a free game or something I don't care about.

They seem like good guys, and I always appreciate a developer who lets me just play the game with as minimal fuss as pirating it. They deserved my extra $5 for the effort and for the trust they place in their consumers.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']GOG's DRM free copy has nothing to do with it. Games with the strongest DRM I've seen online the day of release or even before. GOG is just being realistic.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just my imagination but I think there's a class of people who don't download cracked games, do buy stuff on deep sale at Steam because they like to pay for what they buy but not pay very much... and might install a friend's purchased copy of TW2 from the GOG installer without a second thought.

You're right though that people who don't care to pay can get it, too. But still, I think "being realistic" might be the reason for a massive fast price drop over the next 8 weeks on this game, to capture more than 1/10th of the installations as legitimate sales.

The music industry seems to be trying this with some success... digital albums seem to move at $6.99 when they didn't at $12.99, when music is the easiest thing in the world to pirate (100% available, and fast small downloads).

[quote name='Phokis']I just preordered directly from GoG for $45. Included a free game or something I don't care about.

They seem like good guys, and I always appreciate a developer who lets me just play the game with as minimal fuss as pirating it. They deserved my extra $5 for the effort and for the trust they place in their consumers.[/QUOTE]

WHAAAAT!?
whaaat-o.gif

What kind of CAG are you. ;)

j/k of course. I have a short list of developers that I'd happily pay full price to, too.

That is a nice deal, but if you have a Frys around then I would get one from there because it on sale for $34.96 + tax and you get the guide and the making video and sound track

i wouldnt recomand this game mostly because alot of people are having trouble running it. i guess it needs a pretty high end pc. just check the spec before buying!

im not sure if I should get it from Amazon, do I get all the digital content? Also, how will they update the game as updates roll out? Is their DRM?

[quote name='SOLDIER']Can you activate it on Steam if you purchase the download from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so ... it's not a game that requires Steam for activation.

[quote name='SOLDIER']Can you activate it on Steam if you purchase the download from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

If they give you a code, then you may be able to redeem it on steam.

bread's done
Back