Downloading music?

vrs1650

CAGiversary!
I was wondering which programs CAG use to download MP3's and crap like that. Do you pay or use free sites. Do they have a good selection of music. I have been using Kazaa and want to try something else. Any suggestions.

I am not asking to Pirate, last I checked Napster and Itunes we legal now so if you can't pull that stick out off your ass, then I apologize for your inconvenience, aimed at Garica to Owens.

[quote name='Garcia5Owens81']www.eatdogshitplease.com[/quote]

I hope one of you mods, has sent Cheapy a PM regarding this dipshit.

Of the pay services, iTunes is by far the best. They also have 2 or 3 free songs available for download each week (some are good, some are crap) so you don't even need to pay anything to give their system a try. Download the software, get this week's free songs and see how you like the software (Also, there's currently a contest where you can win free songs by buying Pepsi products.)

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Garcia5Owens81']www.eatdogshitplease.com[/quote]

I hope one of you mods, has sent Cheapy a PM regarding this dipshit.[/quote]

At least he said please... :lol:

[quote name='CapAmerica']I use iTunes. Its the best for downloading legal music.

I'm still waiting for Apple to do something for movies.[/quote]

Doesn't RealOne have something for movies, for like .99 cents or something like that?

[quote name='nneace'][quote name='CapAmerica']I use iTunes. Its the best for downloading legal music.

I'm still waiting for Apple to do something for movies.[/quote]

Doesn't RealOne have something for movies, for like .99 cents or something like that?[/quote]

*slaps nneace*

Have you ever tried to use a real player? :mad:

Yes, Real's music service is Rhapsody, and the songs are 79 cents (as opposed to iTune's pricing of 99 cents.) Real's software is a ridiculous bloated mess, though - its as slow as hell and eats RAM like there's no tomorrow. Forget having it playing in the background while you play a game - you can barely surf the web with that bloated piece of crap running. The song quality is also slightly worse than iTune's (something true of Napster, too.)

Does anyone know how Napster's system works? Is it kind of like iTunes? You download files, but those files expire at the end of the month unless you continue the service? Is there some lock on each file that prevents it from working after a certain date?

[quote name='_heretic']Does anyone know how Napster's system works? Is it kind of like iTunes?[/quote]
Napster has a service sort of like iTunes, where you buy the songs (permanently, forever) for 99 cents each. Their subscription service is a different animal, though - iTunes doesn't currently offer anything similar.

You download files, but those files expire at the end of the month unless you continue the service? Is there some lock on each file that prevents it from working after a certain date?
For their subscription service, yes. If you want to download the music to an MP3 player (what their new subscription service offers - their old one was more like just internet radio, except you could pick the songs), you need to have a compatible type of player that will honor the 'expiration' of the music. Their new service looks interesting and may be worthwhile if you have a compatible MP3 player. I really don't like the Napster software, though - the interface is terrible.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I very rarely download music, so I can't help you out.[/quote]

Same here. Listen to internet radio (@ work), but I buy CD's (call me old fashioned...and download speed handicapped at home).

[quote name='Drocket']
You download files, but those files expire at the end of the month unless you continue the service? Is there some lock on each file that prevents it from working after a certain date?
For their subscription service, yes. If you want to download the music to an MP3 player (what their new subscription service offers - their old one was more like just internet radio, except you could pick the songs), you need to have a compatible type of player that will honor the 'expiration' of the music. Their new service looks interesting and may be worthwhile if you have a compatible MP3 player. I really don't like the Napster software, though - the interface is terrible.[/quote]

So does that mean you can't just leave your files on an mp3 player? You have to update either the files themselves or the subscription software on the mp3 player in order for it to work?

I really don't know - I haven't tried the service. I would guess that you'd probably have to plug in your MP3 player once a month to verify that you're still a subscriber and give the files you downloaded permission to play for another month. But again, I don't know for certain.

Thank you guys for all your help, I was looking to go the Legal way now with my new MP3. Thanks for answering my questions, looks like I will check out Itunes.

[quote name='vrs1650']Thank you guys for all your help, I was looking to go the Legal way now with my new MP3. Thanks for answering my questions, looks like I will check out Itunes.[/quote]

http://www.magnetbox.com/riaa/

Just don't buy RIAA-sponsored music. (Or at least buy it used off ebay so that the RIAA doesn't get the money)

Unless you like seeing your friends get sued...

bread's done
Back