DQ: Rocket Slime and other DS games - 16.96 @ CC B & M (OOS online)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakkotank

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Drag...60138/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
Update 3/7 - Now OOS online, still good in-store.

A few other DS games have dropped to that 16.96 clearance price, too, including:

MechAssault
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Mech...60706/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Pokemon Trozei (OOS, may be good in-store)
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pok%...42979/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Fullmetal Alchemist
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Full...69069/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Free shipping on orders over $24...

[quote name='furyk']Rocket Slime is a must buy at that price.[/QUOTE]

Oh hell yes! If I didn't own two, I'd buy another! You can never have too much fun in four player battles!

Damn just bought Rocket Slime from $24.99 a couple weeks ago. Great game, I've spent about 10 hours on it thus far.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Damn just bought Rocket Slime from $24.99 a couple weeks ago. Great game, I've spent about 10 hours on it thus far.[/quote]No price matching opportunity?

Am I the only one seeing none of the price drops as note being available in store? I'm almost positive that I saw Rocket Slime there this week.

Damnit, another DS game I can't play yet but will still buy. :bomb:

Awesome price.

I'll PM in-store and save on shipping. Like Skylander, I'm sure I saw DQ: RS at B&M CC recently.

Rocket Slime rang up $26.xx in store this morning, but I told them about the online price, they looked it up and did a price adjustment.

Looks like my store also broke street on the Foster's Home Season 1 DVD set.

GAAAAHHHH

I've been jonesing Rocket Slime for months and now it drops when I have no money. :(

Great deal, though, OP -- maybe I can scrounge together some change.

Rocket Slime is a true steal at that price...I paid 30 bucks on amazon when it came out and was very satisfied with it.

Thanks OP. I pulled the trigger for Rocket Slime.

To get the free shipping I added F-Zero GP Legend for the GBA for $6.96 and then tossed on a $10 CD.

Thanks again!

Just a heads up.

Way back when CC had the free shipping over $25 (a year ago?), you could order a gift card and it would count towards the $25 free shipping. It may worth trying if you couldn't figure out what else to get.

CC.com doesn't take Paypal do they? Using that $15 refund promotion on Rocket Slime and Phantom War would be beyond awesome.

[quote name='shrike4242']Now I have to check to see if I can return the copy I bought @ BB for $19.99 and pick this up at CC. :whistle2:s[/quote]

:lol: I am considering returning the one I got at BB for $17.49 (they had 30% off select games). But I don't think it is worth the $.53 ...

Despite its acclaim, I have a feeling that Rocket Slime is going to appear on at least one retailer's major clearance this year. Does anyone else agree? Am I out of my mind, should I jump on this?

[quote name='Vegan']Despite its acclaim, I have a feeling that Rocket Slime is going to appear on at least one retailer's major clearance this year. Does anyone else agree? Am I out of my mind, should I jump on this?[/quote]

I would agree with that. I grabbed it because I didn't want to miss it for a decent price, but if I was waffling on purchasing it I might wait as I wouldn't be surprised to see it for cheap at some point.

[quote name='Vegan']Despite its acclaim, I have a feeling that Rocket Slime is going to appear on at least one retailer's major clearance this year. Does anyone else agree? Am I out of my mind, should I jump on this?[/quote]You're seeing it on clearance right now ;) If you're looking for an even better clearance, sure it'll probably happen. Doesn't mean you'll get it. Hell, Mario Power Tennis is $16.96 at CC right now. Good luck finding it though.

Being a CAG, I wanted to save the $2 shipping, so I went into B&M CC to get Rocket Slime.

Although CC.com claims it's not available for pick up, the actual B&M CC had more than a half doz on the shelf.

Lucky me I also found a copy of Romance of the Three Kingdom VII, which did not scan, so they sold it to me for $5, not too shabby at all!

Thanks OP!! :bouncy:

I'll finally bite on this price. Alot of my friends say it was a easy game, so I was put off by that from buying it. But at this price I think it is worth getting it now.

[quote name='roguejedi5']I'll finally bite on this price. Alot of my friends say it was a easy game, so I was put off by that from buying it. But at this price I think it is worth getting it now.[/QUOTE]

I guess I would consider it fairly easy other than the tank battles which can be challenging. It's a fun implementation of an RPG style game. It also has a collector factor that adds to the fun.

It's an amusing game even if some of the gameplay would be considered "easy". $17 it should be a no brainer.

Having said that, how is MechAssault. Worth the $17?

Checked my local B&M store today, they had most of those games listed plus a few other cheap DS games (like Bomberman). I picked up Rocket Slime and it rang up at the clearance price.

[quote name='karkyco']Bust a Move for PSP is OOS. Any other suggestions for a good filler besides F Zero?[/QUOTE]
Fire emblem SS (also has $5 pg rebate i believe) 14.99 (9.99)
Mr. Driller DS 11.49
Megaman Anniversary xbox 10.49

edit: went with megaman

PS thanks OP good find.

[quote name='karkyco']Bust a Move for PSP is OOS. Any other suggestions for a good filler besides F Zero?[/QUOTE]
If I couldn't find it in store I was deciding between Counter Strike for XBox and a gift certificate, but I found it in store along with Bust a Move PSP.

I'll fourth or fifth or whatever the opinion that Rocket Slime rules and everyone who hasn't picked it up yet really should now.

Rats, cc.com only offers value shipping to the "continental US", or else I'd be all over this deal. Oh well, maybe it will drop again on amazon soon.

Why is it that as soon as i get some money, I see a million things I want to buy, but when I'm broke, I want nothing?

[quote name='BIG5']Why is it that as soon as i get some money, I see a million things I want to buy, but when I'm broke, I want nothing?[/QUOTE]
umm.. shouldnt you be glad its not the other way around?

[quote name='Archon29']CC.com doesn't take Paypal do they? Using that $15 refund promotion on Rocket Slime and Phantom War would be beyond awesome.[/quote]
I thought that didn't kick in for another month or so.

And to anyone who's played Rocket Slime, do you think it's good for a 10 year old who likes adventure-type games?

I still am guessing on whether or not to get DQ. I don't see it being too much fun, and I have plenty to play anyways. I also need FMA for that price, so I will bite on that.

Rocket Slime is now part of the buy 2+ games, get 30% off on Amazon. Comes out to around $17.49.

I also ended picking up Jump Super Stars for around $31.49.

[quote name='greydt']Rocket Slime is now part of the buy 2+ games, get 30% off on Amazon. Comes out to around $17.49.

I also ended picking up Jump Super Stars for around $31.49.[/quote]

This is the 1st I've heard of this. Is there a list of games that qualify?

[quote name='johnnypark']This is the 1st I've heard of this. Is there a list of games that qualify?[/quote] I haven't heard about this either, is there a thread for it somewhere I missed? Or a page on Amazon...I don't see any details about this at all. ?_?

[edit] found the list but I don't see Rocket Slime on there anywhere. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back