DQ: Rocket Slime and other DS games - 16.96 @ CC B & M (OOS online)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakkotank

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Drag...60138/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
Update 3/7 - Now OOS online, still good in-store.

A few other DS games have dropped to that 16.96 clearance price, too, including:

MechAssault
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Mech...60706/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Pokemon Trozei (OOS, may be good in-store)
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pok%...42979/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Fullmetal Alchemist
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Full...69069/catOid/-14261/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Free shipping on orders over $24...

Thanks, OP. I picked up DQ at my local CC (Augusta, GA). It wasn't marked down, but a ton of other DS games were like Tomb Raider Legends, MechAssault, Metroid Prime Hunters, Bionicle, and a ton of movie tie-in games like Eragon and Flushed Away.

Rocket Slime still rang up as $26.99 at my CC but they manually adjusted the price for me after I showed them the online price.

Hey all a bunch f games went clearence it seems today in anticipation for tomorrow I believe. I'm working on a list right now for what I've found in our system and will update tom with whatever was missed.

bill123

Just picked it up today and it rang up at the correct price. Thans OP.

IMO ordering it from the website negates the deal anyway. When you consider you pay $17 for the game and then add the $2 shipping (assuming you don't add anything to get free shipping) you end up paying $19 for the game. You can just walk into BestBuy and use a GCC coupon and pay just $1 more.
But anyways, good find. :)

Anyone try to get them to accept the BB $5 off any DS game coupon? They've accepted competitors coupons in the past with no problem until I tried yesterday and was shot down at both local CCs. At both stores, I was told they recently changed their policies and would no longer accept competitor's coupons and they were no longer allowed to pricematch their own website (Rocket Slime was ringing up at $16.96 anyway, but still...).

Can anyone else verify? Or did I just run into two different idiot salesclerks at two different CCs that told me the same incorrect thing on the same day?

[quote name='bill123']Hey all a bunch f games went clearence it seems today in anticipation for tomorrow I believe. I'm working on a list right now for what I've found in our system and will update tom with whatever was missed.

bill123[/quote]

Excellent. Keep us posted!

Anyone know how much WarioWare Touched is at CC? I found a copy but was too lazy to have it price checked.

[quote name='ooga']Anyone know how much WarioWare Touched is at CC? I found a copy but was too lazy to have it price checked.[/quote]
Wouldn't it have been less trouble to price-check it there than to log onto CAG to ask and then wait for an answer? Anyway, at this point WarioWare Touched seems very hard to find, so I'd recommend picking it up even at full price. And yes, I know that what I just said goes against everything CAG.

[quote name='rapsodist']Wouldn't it have been less trouble to price-check it there than to log onto CAG to ask and then wait for an answer? Anyway, at this point WarioWare Touched seems very hard to find, so I'd recommend picking it up even at full price. And yes, I know that what I just said goes against everything CAG.[/quote]

I know. But like I said I felt lazy. Plus I don't like dealing with the people who work there unless I really have to. More often than not they'll say: "the price is what's on the sticker".

[quote name='ooga']I know. But like I said I felt lazy. Plus I don't like dealing with the people who work there unless I really have to. More often than not they'll say: "the price is what's on the sticker".[/quote]

Yeah, I hear you on that. I hate when people say that to me, as though there isn't a reason why I'm asking. Plus the scanner's right in front of them anyway! It always feels kinda nice when I've stood my ground after they tell me a game is $49.99 because the tag says so and then it rings up as $9.99. :cool:

[quote name='AwRy108']Wow--just got "DQ: Rocket Slime" for $12.96 + tax (Best Buy price match + $5-off GamePro coupon). Nice.[/quote] Your BB price matched an online price AND allowed you to use a coupon on top of a price match. Most BB does not allow either, let alone both.

Anyway, congrats on this deal.

[quote name='eau']Your BB price matched an online price AND allowed you to use a coupon on top of a price match. Most BB does not allow either, let alone both.

Anyway, congrats on this deal.[/quote]
Apparently, they can't subtract properly either, because $16.96 - $5 = $11.96. :rofl:

Thanks op. Picked it up at San Mateo CA for $16.96. Plenty left for those still looking. I did see Metroid Pinball in the clearance rack. Metroid Hunters still rang up as $34.99 though.

[quote name='eau']Your BB price matched an online price AND allowed you to use a coupon on top of a price match. Most BB does not allow either, let alone both.

Anyway, congrats on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, these two hot chicks (relatively speaking, anyways) work at the customer service counter, and as long as you don't mention the "Wii" to them, they'll do any price match / coupon combo you give 'em. Heck, they did the price match off of a web page print out and didn't call or go online to verify. IMHO, this is the way it should be at all Best Buy stores :)

[quote name='AwRy108']Yeah, these two hot chicks (relatively speaking, anyways) work at the customer service counter, and as long as you don't mention the "Wii" to them, they'll do any price match / coupon combo you give 'em. Heck, they did the price match off of a web page print out and didn't call or go online to verify. IMHO, this is the way it should be at all Best Buy stores :)[/quote]

My good man, this store you claim to frequent... it is a work of fiction!

[quote name='rapsodist']My good man, this store you claim to frequent... it is a work of fiction![/QUOTE]

LMAO! You would think so. You would think so...

[quote name='icarusmight']I just found like 6 copies of rocket slime for 15.24+tax in Moreno Valley CA. It rung up cheaper than the online price![/QUOTE]

It was the same price at the Sunnyvale, CA store. I didn't complain when I bought it.

If anyone can't find a copy or just wants to trade I did pick up an extra one. Check my list as there are a few games from the BB clearance that I'm still looking for.

I picked up Pokemon Trozei at the local store.

Anyone have any idea if any more 360 games dropped in price. The CC website had one of the Tiger Woods games (I think 06) at $16.96, but maybe some others that are no longer on the website dropped?

[quote name='Josef']I picked up Pokemon Trozei at the local store.

Anyone have any idea if any more 360 games dropped in price. The CC website had one of the Tiger Woods games (I think 06) at $16.96, but maybe some others that are no longer on the website dropped?[/quote]

I don't know what's been mentioned, but I saw today (for $16.96 ea)

Full Auto
King Kong
Fifa World Cup 06
Tiger Woods 06

GUN (19.99)

[quote name='scsg75']I don't know what's been mentioned, but I saw today (for $16.96 ea)

Full Auto
King Kong
Fifa World Cup 06
Tiger Woods 06

GUN (19.99)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I went back today and picked up Full Auto for $16.96. I even had a 10% off coupon I got through email that knocked the price down another $1.70.

[quote name='Josef']Thanks for the info! I went back today and picked up Full Auto for $16.96. I even had a 10% off coupon I got through email that knocked the price down another $1.70.[/quote]

IS this a one time use? If not, could you post it? I would like to do the same!

[quote name='kevzik']IS this a one time use? If not, could you post it? I would like to do the same![/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's one time use only, but the coupon code is long. The coupon is 10% off all video games and accessories. I get them every few months in emails. I assume everyone else that's on their mailing list gets them as well. It's usually in an email with a bunch of other deals. You have to open the email to see it as the email description does not say it includes the coupon code. The email states to print it out and bring the email to the store to get the discount.

Unfortunately, this particular coupon expires today, but the code that the cashier has to punch in is 70Y41P410211892792.

By the way, if you want to use it online you need to click on the link in the email and it applies the discount directly to your cart.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Just to add to this thread: "DQ: Rocket Slime" has become my new favorite DS game, and has made it totally obvious why Nintendo is on such a comeback. If you own a DS and were a lover of the 16-bit era, you'd be an absolute fool to pass on this title--if I were a reviewer, this is one DS title that would get a near-perfect score from me.

[quote name='AwRy108']Just to add to this thread: "DQ: Rocket Slime" has become my new favorite DS game, and has made it totally obvious why Nintendo is on such a comeback. If you own a DS and were a lover of the 16-bit era, you'd be an absolute fool to pass on this title--if I were a reviewer, this is one DS title that would get a near-perfect score from me.[/QUOTE]

WOW now I am excited, and can't wait to get mine. I am definately like you. . an old school gamer from the 16 bit days!!

I just picked this up today, will try to play it later. I too confirm that the in-store price is $16.96 (even if the tag says $35). I'm actually pretty excited to play it--stupid midterms...

[quote name='AwRy108']Just to add to this thread: "DQ: Rocket Slime" has become my new favorite DS game, and has made it totally obvious why Nintendo is on such a comeback. If you own a DS and were a lover of the 16-bit era, you'd be an absolute fool to pass on this title--if I were a reviewer, this is one DS title that would get a near-perfect score from me.[/quote]

Pretty excited about it too. I am deciding if this game, or Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow will be my next game to play after Hotel Dusk is finished.

How can you not love this guy?

5383612iq1.jpg

It reminds me a lot of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga in that they both are "lite" RPGs with very cute and well written scripts. So far it does seem a bit like a kiddie game, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

[quote name='icruise']It reminds me a lot of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga in that they both are "lite" RPGs with very cute and well written scripts. So far it does seem a bit like a kiddie game, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']Pretty excited about it too. I am deciding if this game, or Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow will be my next game to play after Hotel Dusk is finished.[/QUOTE]

I have both, and I'd recommend "DQ: Rocket Slime" for one major reason: it's 100% original. "Castlevania: Dawn of Dreams" is a good fun, but the overall formula is starting to really drag by this point--they used to be my favorite portable games, but I haven't even finished Dawn of Dreams yet...

I went in to see if they had any copies of Xenosaga III, Tales of Legendia, or Grandia III (also marked $16.96) but they didn't have any.

But I saw this (last copy) and picked it up along with Battalion Wars ($12.xx) and Wayne's World ($3.99).

Rocket Slime and Contact are good games for this price. Can anyone recommend mechassault or pokemon trozei (for a non-pokemon-fan)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back