Dr Pepper: 2011 Promo (EA Games DLC)

Did anyone manage to get ign to load the Dr Pepper ad today? I've been refreshing the home page with ad block disabled and no Dr Pepper ad came up.

I finally found bottles marked for the EA promotion. Next time you're in Hawaii swing by the Valley of Temples, the Buddist temple gift shop of all places had the EA bottles for sale. Talk about extremely unlikely placement...

[quote name='Raccoon2117']FINALLY found the bottles at my local 7-11. Grabbed two, and I'm sipping on one.

Question for those who have downloaded the Mass Effect 2 items? How exactly does it work? It said something about logging into your Cerberus account in the game. Once you've done that, will it mention that you have items available for download or what?

Apologies. I haven't actually started Mass Effect 2. I just downloaded the original's DLC, so I'm going through a second playthrough before opening the sequel up.[/QUOTE]

When you launch the game, enter the downloadable items screen, don't remember the name and if the items are tied to your EA account and that account is tied to your gamertag, then the items will show up as downloadable for free. I grabbed all of the ME2 stuff last time. Now to work on codes for DS2.

[quote name='DurbanBrown']ok, found out you can just make a new dr pepper account (totally bogus email and name (doesnt need to be verified)) and use your actual EA account to claim the prizes. everytime you put in a new code from the IGN banner you need to create a new dr pepper account (DR PEPPER ACCOUNTY ONLY --- NOT EA). got all cars, one after another, all on the same EA account.[/QUOTE]

This worked for me! Thanks for the heads up.

Ended up going to an IGN page that had 2 ads on it and kept refreshing. Created 3 Dr. Pepper accounts to redeem the codes and just linked to my EA account. Have all the Dead Space multiplayer suits now and some currency.

[quote name='eau']I've been checking ign for the ads that would generate you a code. Never saw the ads. Where exactly is the ad?![/QUOTE]

I can't see it either - just a Dr. Pepper ad that links to the redemption site.

I don't suppose there's a direct link to the code generator ad, is there? The url doesn't seem change when other ads show up.

Is anybody else having a hard time redeeming codes? Two bottles in a row have been duds for me, with no response from the Help page.

What a rip, I don't even like Dr. Pepper. My wife drinks the stuff so I've been buying her the soda so I can steel the cap codes. Thanks for nothing Dr. Pepper!

[quote name='pablo9000']^thanks. used that to grab the 3 ME2 pieces[/QUOTE]

I also used the link for IGN but only the first code I got from this promo was valid, when I try to enter the other ones I get this error:

"An unexpected error has occurred. Please verify your selection(s) or try back in a few minutes."

how did you manage to redeem 3 codes from there?

it seems that you can redeem only one item with the codes IGN page provides. You need to register another junk Dr Pepper account each time. At least thats how it works for me

[quote name='retardotron']it seems that you can redeem only one item with the codes IGN page provides. You need to register another junk Dr Pepper account each time. At least thats how it works for me[/QUOTE]

can i link several dr pepper accounts to my ea account then?

yes it worked, thanks. but somehow i can redeem the same prize over and over again with several dr pepper accounts but same ea account - so could i get the 1000 credits for dead space 2 several times?

[quote name='woodcan']That sucks because it looks like the Dr Pepper DS2 promotion only applies to XBL and PC. Why would they do that :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
They hate Sony or Sony hates them.

It's been always been PC/360 only since the EA/Dr Pepper promotion first started last year.

So to request a free code I need to send an envelope in an envelop right?
Put in my real info when I made my first DrP account, think I can get away with making more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, just so you know, EA is aware of the exploit. On the Battlefield Heroes website, there's a post about how the Dr. Pepper costumes have been temporarily taken down because of "an exploit". I'd suggest you stock up in some way while you still can.

Has anyone else gotten invalid codes from cups at 7-11's? I've gotten 2 of the cups so far, with the sticker thing over the code, yet both codes are registering as invalid. And I know they are 100% correct >_>

from dr pepper faq:
I tried to enter my code but it was invalid
Each Dr Pepper EA Games Every Bottle/Cup Wins code consists of 12 alpha-numeric characters. If your code is not accepted, please use the guide below to confirm that the correct letters and numbers have been keyed into the code field.

If you read: Try entering as:
D (number) 0
C (number) 0
W V V (two upper case V's)
V Y

If the code is still not accepted, please contact us via the Help Center located at the top of every page of the website

How I owned myself:

Accumulated 15 dr pepper caps.
Redeemed all the codes for dead space 2 credits.
Created an ea account.
Account won't link to my gamertag? WTF?
Realize I have an old ea account from like 4 years ago that is linked to my gamertag.
15 codes wasted.
:(

The first code I used work, from the IGN page. Then I made another junk doctor pepper account, got a new code from the ad, and tried again, and now it just gives me that 'unexpected error' thing.

[quote name='Woot1337']Can anyone post a direct url to the ad? I can't find the ad on the ign page, only getting H&R block and other ads.[/QUOTE]

i also would really like someone to post a direct url to the ad

[quote name='Corndoghero']If anyone is feeling particularly generous, I live in Japan and have no way to acquire codes to get the Mass Effect 2 armors :) :) :)[/QUOTE]

Check your PM box. Hopefully it works out for you.

[quote name='Irukandji']How I owned myself:

Accumulated 15 dr pepper caps.
Redeemed all the codes for dead space 2 credits.
Created an ea account.
Account won't link to my gamertag? WTF?
Realize I have an old ea account from like 4 years ago that is linked to my gamertag.
15 codes wasted.
:([/QUOTE]

Contact EA. You can merge accounts. This same, exact thing happened to me last year. Completely forget that I had an EA account from like 2006. The process might take a bit of time, but eventually, they will merge the accounts.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Contact EA. You can merge accounts. This same, exact thing happened to me last year. Completely forget that I had an EA account from like 2006. The process might take a bit of time, but eventually, they will merge the accounts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, I've run into that problem myself.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am hoping another source of free codes like the ign ad comes back. I have never seen the dr pepper bottle with the EA promotion.[/QUOTE]

When I first ran into this a month ago while searching for DLC on ebay (i know, a weird waste of time) I had started on the trail, looking for bottles around me in Upstate NY. Out of all of the stores listed when you register your code and they ask where you've bought it, only 1 Walmart out of 3 that we checked (not Target or any of the CVS/Walgreens around, either) had them and they were only the ones sold in the impulse soda coolers at the register lanes. And the 2 liter bottles are some kind of legendary creature, all of the 2Ls had a country awards/festival/something sweeps on them.

There's my help, even though it's not exactly the free codes you were hoping for.

These codes are honestly EVERYWHERE I live. I'm not exactly Mr. Moneybags to just buy them and give them out (I would if I could!) but I can definitely buy up Dr. Peppers and send codes out for "the right price".

bread's done
Back