Dr. Pepper/EA Every bottle wins contest

TurboPascal

CAGiversary!
Wow!

EA does it again....what a miserable user experience so far.

I picked up a bottle of Dr. Pepper for lunch only because I saw the promotion.

I go online like the bottle says and this is what it makes me do

0) Enter bottle cap code
1) Sign-up on the Dr. Pepper website
2) Sign-up on the EA website
3) Choose a prize. Mass Effect 2 was my only option because I don't have any of the PC games.
4) Pick your prize. A visor which add 5 damage
5) Takes me to the BioWare site

And then..........I have no idea. Your EA account logs you into the Bioware site and that is it. Nothing, no idea what to do next.

I recieved a whole bunch of Spam...but that is about it. No idea how to even collect the prize -- not that its a big deal -- just that its...

Complete waste of time!

Anyone have a better experience? Is this another EA fail?

All the items are tied to your bioware account which ties to your gamertag. You get the items in game via Cerberus. I had no problems getting the items.

There is a huge thread about this already here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248223

Here is a link to the info on the bioware site. It should show you all the content you redeemed:

http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

If you click on the "more info" links there this is what it tells you:

Your promotional code included an unlock for both PC and Xbox 360 platforms. To access your content on the Xbox 360, please ensure you activate Cerberus in-game using the same account you used while redeeming this code on the social website. Once you have done this, your content will be available for download from Xbox LIVE via the in-game store.

Also I did not receive any spam. Did you make sure you opted out of any of the promotional email options when you signed up for your Dr. Pepper or EA accounts? I'm sure in your user profiles on both sites you can find a way to disable unwanted emails.

He speaks the truth. When it all comes down to it the system works rather nicely. I wasn't aware that these rewards were options from what games you own.

I'm oddly excited. Though I haven't been able to find any bottles with the promotion in Dayton, OH.

@GLOCKGLOCK

Thanks for the 411. I did not see the threads but I did search.

I guess my issue is that they dump you onto the BioWare site without any additional detail. I see now that there is a "Your registered game promotions" off of your profile menu on the BioWare site.

Now that I know, it would have been nice to have been dumped into that screen after login or some message to that effect.

Anyway, mystery solved...........still a PITA....thanks!

bread's done
Back