Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb?

My favorite thing to drink is a ALMOST frozen Dr.Pepper. I do this by setting my mini fridge to 8 and put a few cans in the back and wait a hour or so. I can feel the small carbonated ice pieces of bliss slide down to heaven. Not to Mention that Dr.Pepper KICKS ASS with Tacos. I remember when Taco bell had Dr.Pepper and that made their food actually eatable.

Mr.Pibb is ok but I only drink it to change it up or because I'm at Wendys and thats what they have.

[quote name='PanzerNinja']Dr. Pepper is way better. Mr. Pibb is more like a cherry Dr. Pepper.[/QUOTE]

7up with cherry is good. Kiddie coktail FTW!

The only place I ever had Mr Pibb was at Ruby Tuesdays, and to me it tasted like a cheap imitation of Dr Pepper.

Of course this may only be due to the fact that I grew up drinking Dr Pepper.

Dr. Pepper for sure. To quote Mitch Hedberg:

"Mr. Pibb is a replica of Dr. Pepper, but it's a bs replica, 'cause dude didn't even get his degree"

[quote name='Hex']Which one is produced by Pepsi?

The one that is gets my vote on account that Coca Cola sucks.[/quote]

That would be neither. Pibb is Coke and Dr. Pepper is Dr.P/7up.
Pepsi used to have Dr. Slice.

I prefer Dr. P but not by much so in true cheapass fashion I go with what's on sale. (Cherry Vanilla Dr. P is the best btw.)

Dr. Pepper of course. It deserves more respect for working so hard to get its doctorate (you fucked up my little joke by saying something first consummate canuck and I will hate you forever).

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']CVDP. But I haven't been drinking soda/pop/whatever you want to call it since Sept. 1st.[/quote]

Are you on a pop diet? I have cut back to a half can a day, or less.

I prefer Dr. Pepper, but will settle for Mr. Pibb if the former is not available. Cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper kicks ass, too.

[quote name='klwillis45']That would be neither. Pibb is Coke and Dr. Pepper is Dr.P/7up.
[/quote]

That's true, although in some areas (around here, for example) Dr. Pepper would be distributed out of the Pepsi-Cola plant. I don't know if that is still the case, but at one time, it was. That's why many people believe Dr. Pepper is owned by Pepsi-Cola.

I myself prefer Dr. Pepper to Pibb Xtra, though I'd drink either one over many other pops.

Dr. Pepper of course.

I even prefer the Kroger brand Dr. K over that Pibb crap, but to give Pibb its due, it does taste somewhat better from a soda fountain than canned/bottled Pibb.

During a tour of the Coca Cola museum here in Atlanta, a tour guide told us the history of Dr. Pepper. Supposedly, the inventor named the soda after the father of the girl he wanted to marry. The formula is a closely guarded secret, but my physics prof. from college used to swear that prune juice was one of the ingrediants.

[quote name='Krymner']I even prefer the Kroger brand Dr. K over that Pibb crap, but to give Pibb its due, it does taste somewhat better from a soda fountain than canned/bottled Pibb.[/quote]
Funnily, I've only had Pibb from a soda fountain, so my oppinion might be biased.

Anyone remember that bootleg Dr. Pepper / Mr. Green that Sobe made? It was called "Mr. Green", and it was green, somehow.

I used to buy that shit every night after work, a few years ago, during Kmart days.

Dr. Pepper. Why Dr. Pepper you ask. . .

Comedian Mitch Hedberg once quipped of the drink, “Mr Pibb is a replica of Dr Pepper, but it's a bullshit replica. Dude didn't even get his degree!” - Wiki

Diet Berries and Cream Dr. Pepper is my drink of choice right now. They all taste like fizzy cough syrup mixed with nail polish, but I'm so hooked on soda I really don't care anymore. Soft Drink Companies > Me. :(

[quote name='shieryda']What are some good mixers to use with Dr. Pepper? Rum? Whiskey?[/quote]

Captain Morgan's and Dr. Pepper = kick ass. I could drink those all day long.

[quote name='klwillis45']That would be neither. Pibb is Coke and Dr. Pepper is Dr.P/7up.
Pepsi used to have Dr. Slice.

I prefer Dr. P but not by much so in true cheapass fashion I go with what's on sale. (Cherry Vanilla Dr. P is the best btw.)[/quote]

Dr SLice wasn't bad...but it made your teeth and lips red. :whistle2:/

It has to be Dr. Pepper, but from a bottle not from a can. The difference is that when it is bottled it contains cane sugar, as opposed to cans that contain corn syrup. :D

[quote name='gweenpea']Dr. Pepper. Why Dr. Pepper you ask. . .

Comedian Mitch Hedberg once quipped of the drink, “Mr Pibb is a replica of Dr Pepper, but it's a bullshit replica. Dude didn't even get his degree!” - Wiki[/quote]

[quote name='Consummate Canuck earlier today']Dr. Pepper for sure. To quote Mitch Hedberg:

"Mr. Pibb is a replica of Dr. Pepper, but it's a bs replica, 'cause dude didn't even get his degree"[/quote] _

You haven't lived until you've tried Dr. Topper. It's the only Dr. Pepper wannabe that you buy because you think it IS Dr. Pepper. It happened to my friend Dave. True story.

sodacans.jpg

Both are nasty IMO, but if I had to choose, I think I'd go with Pibb.
Keep in mind that its been years since I've had either.

The Doc is definitely better...but give me a cola over it anyday...

Actually I don't even like Dr. Pepper but can drink it if there is nothing else to drink...

bread's done
Back