Dragon Age 2 - FREE and Promotional in-game items [Currently 31+ available]

So does everyone get the unlock from the facebook thing, or only those that share? It doesn't seem like there's a place to put in your EA id and the whatnot.

I know these are the FREE items for Dragon Age, but maybe could we add the others as well, to get this a complete post?

I just found out about the Epic Weapons promo. Buy $15 of (Insert stuff you don't need here) and get a free ring in game!!!...

But seriously, it'd be neat to at least show those too. I don't know of any others as of now, but I'd like to keep posted too. :)

[quote name='ExplodingRat']I know these are the FREE items for Dragon Age, but maybe could we add the others as well, to get this a complete post?

I just found out about the Epic Weapons promo. Buy $15 of (Insert stuff you don't need here) and get a free ring in game!!!...

But seriously, it'd be neat to at least show those too. I don't know of any others as of now, but I'd like to keep posted too. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Not quite free, but good to have for anyone looking to have a full set of in-game items. I'll add it and give credit in the OP. If anyone else finds info on other items available let me know.

It looks like the ring is only available for 360 and PC so far. If anyone has to get it, the collectors edition Grey warden letter opener or the Darkspawn letter opener are both just over the $15 price requirement

[quote name='tlwizard']So does everyone get the unlock from the facebook thing, or only those that share? It doesn't seem like there's a place to put in your EA id and the whatnot.[/QUOTE]

I think that everyone will have access to the items unlocked in the demo and the facbook challenges. Thats what the wording of the contest makes it sound like. We should all get access to the items, but I'm not sure how they plan to do it yet

I love dragon age, and was actually going to get a letter opener..but after looking at shipping i'm highly doubting it. the cheapest shipping is 8.69

[quote name='ExplodingRat']I know these are the FREE items for Dragon Age, but maybe could we add the others as well, to get this a complete post?

But seriously, it'd be neat to at least show those too. I don't know of any others as of now, but I'd like to keep posted too. :)[/QUOTE]
You can also get the Ring of Whispers by buying some Licensed Razer stuff

Pre-Order Dragon Age™ II on PC or Xbox 360
before March 8, 2011 and you will receive:

· EA STORE Exclusive Pre-Order Bonus Item The Irons — adds to all elemental resistances, adds to health, adds to constitution. Fashioned from the black steel of Kirkwall’s infamous iron foundries, miner’s safety harnesses such as these have protected their hearty wearers since the days when the Tevinter Imperium last claimed the City of Chains.

· Pre-Order Items The Fadeshear Sword and The Lion of Orlais Shield

The Black Emporium, which grants:
· A fighting Mabari War Hound
· The Mirror of Transformation
· Access to exclusive Magic and Crafting Stores
http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Ac...=ea&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=178651800

I preordered mine from the EA Store. Looking at the tracking # it looks like it will be delivered tomorrow.

So I know this has been said a couple of times... BUT WHEN THE HELL IS LEGENDS GOING TO BE DONE!?

I loved the flash game for the DA1, and I honestly was excited to play this one too, but at least last time it was done in time for the game to come out.

[quote name='ExplodingRat']So I know this has been said a couple of times... BUT WHEN THE HELL IS LEGENDS GOING TO BE DONE!?

I loved the flash game for the DA1, and I honestly was excited to play this one too, but at least last time it was done in time for the game to come out.[/QUOTE]
No freaking idea. It's taking way too long.

On top of that I played the beta and I think think it is way too difficult. And it's not even that fun :(

I wouldn't be too excited for the facebook game. It's more or less shit and considering how long it's taking them to complete it, most people will be done with DA2 before they advance to the quests allowing them to get the ingame items.

That is unless you like spending real money on microtransactions so you can buy crowns that allow you to summon people you've summoned before. Yes you could just have a shitload of friends playing it, but odds are you won't, and certainly not ones leveling as fast as you.

I'll still go through it, but running out of energy and companions every 6 or so nodes is getting a bit tiring, and will make in-game item collecting a headache.

Oh and the Book [Tome of Things not Lost] has been unlocked according to their facebook page.

Blood Dragon Armor set will be availble in DA2 if you have it for DA:O. Nice!

Also, if you still want a copy of the signature edition for MSRP there are a few places you might be able to get it. Gamestop.com, and overstock.com. Just check out the deals page, there are a few topics

What are the chances BioWare tracks that you beat DA:O on the PC so you don't have to play the second game twice for the Gold trophy?

[quote name='Hostile']What are the chances BioWare tracks that you beat DA:O on the PC so you don't have to play the second game twice for the Gold trophy?[/QUOTE]

100% if you mean PC to PC. If you mean PC to PS3, I dont think cross-platform saves will work. Or if you have witch hunt DLC i hear you can just beat that in an hour and use the save to count as a completed game. Don't quote me on that though, its just something I saw on another board

I checked my profile too and its alot more organized and also includes the Dead Space 2 armor for 360 even though I got DS2 for PS3. Nice.

Amazingly, I JUST saw this thread, and got two free items added for whenever I pick up the game, so thanks! :D

Legend items are available;

Evra's Might- Build Castle in tutorial.
Evra's Trophy Belt- Reach Freylen's Peak, Complete Vantage Point quest.
Air of Confidence- Complete Secure Fort Elim quest.
Ivo Family Crest- Defeat Raspin, Complete The Rascal Raspin quest.
Dura's Blue Flame- unknown/TBA.

Confirmed, I've received the first two DA Legends item from doing the castle tutorial. I've also receieved the other two "demo" items, though if you go to the bioware details page it says those items are from "Liking" their facebook page.

The way energy usage and recruiting is set up you can gain the first two items in one sitting before needing to take a break or purchase more energy/recruits (as long as you don't die or have to repeat encounters).

Anyone else receive the pre-order bonus email from Amazon and it didn't actually come with a code? Here's the email in its entirety:

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for ordering Dragon Age 2. See below for instructions on how to access your pre-order bonuses.

How to access the Fadeshear Sword and Lion of Orlais Shield for the PlayStation 3:

Step 1: Login or register your EA account* via the Dragon Age II game interface.
Step 2: Verify your account and in-game content by going to http://social.bioware.com
Step 3: Check your profile to see that you received your item.
Step 4: Start the game and your item will be ready for use.

Note: Items must be redeemed between March 8, 2011 and May 31, 2011.
[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]
*If you dont already have an EA account, you can create one at
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=2...QB3DL9ZS0DEOA&T=C&U=http://social.bioware.com [/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]http://social.bioware.com [/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]or from within Dragon Age II.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

So, apparently they had trouble with unlock codes for the PS3 pre-order items, so we all get them! Just go here for the best buy amulet http://social.bioware.com/da2/bestbuy/ and put the correct UPC code. And follow the steps in your e-mail above for the 2 others. All you need is a copy of DA2, it doesnt matter where it came from. PS3 only, PC and X-box still need codes

[quote name='MrBoss']How were the Facebook Like items given out?[/QUOTE]
Just like the 1,000,000 demo download items. Once they reached the goal, they were available to everyone.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I hate EA, wtf are they doing with the PS3 codes :'((((([/QUOTE]

We all get them for PS3. I think thats good. Read a post i did 7 or so previously. Someone else mentioned how to get the bestbuy one, and just follow the instructions in your e-mail to get the amazon/gamestop ones.

I will update the OP with all this new info soon. Just pretty busy at the moment

[quote name='Xenogears']We all get them for PS3. I think thats good. Read a post i did 7 or so previously. Someone else mentioned how to get the bestbuy one, and just follow the instructions in your e-mail to get the amazon/gamestop ones.

I will update the OP with all this new info soon. Just pretty busy at the moment[/QUOTE]

Yeah I dislike the the fact that everyone gets them, as I always sell the DLC codes so I can get the games for cheaper.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I hate EA, wtf are they doing with the PS3 codes :'((((([/QUOTE]

Apparently there aren't any codes for PS3. In order to get the Fadeshear Sword and Lion of Orlais Shield, just register the game on the BioWare Social Network. This will also unlock the boots of the Frozen Wastes.

Hey, does anyone know if the code of Dead Space 2 Armor works worldwide?
My friend lives in Germany and he would love the armor.

[quote name='ReturnofBoltz']Apparently there aren't any codes for PS3. In order to get the Fadeshear Sword and Lion of Orlais Shield, just register the game on the BioWare Social Network. This will also unlock the boots of the Frozen Wastes.[/QUOTE]

Actually i just entered my signature edition code on bioware and it unlocked all the content for pc/ps3/360 all at once. I got the 360 Sig but it unlocked every platform items.

[quote name='Hsith']Hey, does anyone know if the code of Dead Space 2 Armor works worldwide?
My friend lives in Germany and he would love the armor.[/QUOTE]
I bought a code off ebay from a guy in Germany and registered it to my US account fine. Haven't installed the game to see if it works, but it is listed in my game promotions on the Bioware site.

bread's done
Back