Dragon Age 2 - FREE and Promotional in-game items [Currently 31+ available]

[quote name='Nintendokid54']sorry for my ignorance but how are you guys getting "free" items? are you just asking for them as in "can i have (insert item here)?"

is there a post that describes the process and where do i go to get these even though i dont have the game yet but i do have my EA account linked[/QUOTE]
i use this

Hello. I am an avid gamer who recently purchase Dragon Age 2 for the Xbox 360. I had a question regarding the in game bonus item "amulet of ashes". I wanted to know if EA had any extra amulet of ashes codes that were available if one preordered Dragon Age 2 from the best buy. I hadn't heard about this promotion and I preordered my copy of the Signiture Edition from Amazon.com otherwise i would have preordered it from the best buy. Sadly, there seems to be no other way to obtain a code and that is why I am inquiring about one. If EA has an extra code that could be given to me, I would be very pleased. I know the chances are slim but please consider it for a big fan of The Dragon Age franchise and other EA games. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.

i copied it from a couple pages back but i just change it slightly and i get stuff a majority of the time

[quote name='Nintendokid54']sorry for my ignorance but how are you guys getting "free" items? are you just asking for them as in "can i have (insert item here)?"

is there a post that describes the process and where do i go to get these even though i dont have the game yet but i do have my EA account linked[/QUOTE]

Go to http://support.ea.com/app/ask to send them a message and wait for a reply or go to http://support.ea.com/app/chat/chat_landing to live chat with a rep.

If you need a guide to what to say go back to page 11 and read from there on. The letter gamereric posted is mine from when I first posted about on this subject and it works really well. I used it to get Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 promo items when they were new.

Other people have posted transcripts from live chat sessions so you can get an idea of what works there too. One suggestion, if one live chat rep shoots you down or only gives you part of what you want, wait an hour or two and try again. Some people have had luck on a second or third try.

Here mine

I have already purchase Dragon Age 2 and collected a lot of the DLC except Amulet of Ashes, Antivan Garrote and Ring of Whispers

Would their be any chance you can help me those?

Does the redemption code for 360 say it's for Black Emporium? The CS Rep Rodney said it contains the Signature Edition content too, but I haven't tested it yet.

Barton just hooked me up. Ser Isaac's, The Irons, Ring of Whispers, Amulet of Ashes and the Antivan Garrotte. Awesome dude! Just the Facebook game items left to get now.

Being the CAG that I am, I rarely ever buy new releases, so I haven't picked DA2 up yet. But after redeeming like half of the tiems on from OP already....is it worth it to try to hit up live chat for the rest of the codes w/out actually owning the game yet?

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Being the CAG that I am, I rarely ever buy new releases, so I haven't picked DA2 up yet. But after redeeming like half of the tiems on from OP already....is it worth it to try to hit up live chat for the rest of the codes w/out actually owning the game yet?[/QUOTE]
I don't have it yet, I'm getting it from GameFly sometime this week and I still tried for the Signature Edition code. It's seriously worth a try, I know I didn't want to miss out on the SE contents.

I kind of want to try for the Ser Isacc code, but I don't want to be greedy.

hm the facebook thing doesnt work anymore...and the support says this promotion was not active so far...

" Smith: I am sorry to informed you that currently this promotions is not active . So will not be able to get yet

[...]

Smith: No I mean till now , this promotion is not active . Once active , you will get it "

EDIT: @Prinny

I got the signature edition code and used it. It says it is for Black Emporiums.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Does the redemption code for 360 say it's for Black Emporium? The CS Rep Rodney said it contains the Signature Edition content too, but I haven't tested it yet.[/QUOTE]
I was told this too but then I mentioned I'm missing some stuff from the signature edition I was given another code for use on the bioware site that contained everything.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't have it yet, I'm getting it from GameFly sometime this week and I still tried for the Signature Edition code. It's seriously worth a try, I know I didn't want to miss out on the SE contents.

I kind of want to try for the Ser Isacc code, but I don't want to be greedy.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the game yet either (getting it tomorrow) but I was able to get the Fadeshear and The Lion of Orlais from a live chat, as well as an Online Pass. I didn't ask for the pass, I think maybe they assumed I have been playing the game offline because I didn't have one? I dunno.

I wanna try and get a signature code, but I'm still working out how to ask. =/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']I was told this too but then I mentioned I'm missing some stuff from the signature edition I was given another code for use on the bioware site that contained everything.[/QUOTE]

As in, the original XBL code didn't give you the Signature Edition stuff?

When I got on live chat the agent made me pick which one of the three items I wanted. Figured I would go with Ring of Whispers.

Going to try again later for the other two.

Connected to live support again and got the amulet of ashes for :360:. Going to try again tomorrow for the Antivan Garrote and The Irons.

Final update: Third time is the charm. Got codes for The Irons and Antivan Garrote. All that's left is the remaining three Facebook items.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snookie']I don't have the game yet either (getting it tomorrow) but I was able to get the Fadeshear and The Lion of Orlais from a live chat, as well as an Online Pass. I didn't ask for the pass, I think maybe they assumed I haven't been playing the game offline because I didn't have one? I dunno.

I wanna try and get a signature code, but I'm still working out how to ask. =/[/QUOTE]
Here's a copy of what I sent to them, I just took the letter that Vlad said he wrote them back on page 11 and edited it a bit.

Hi! I am a big gamer and recently purchased Dragon Age 2 for the 360. If there could be some way for me to get a code for the Signature Edition contents I would be very, very grateful! I did not hear about the Signature edition promotion until the week after it ended and as such, was unable to preorder it. I know the chances are probably slim but please consider it for a gamer that is just now becoming a big fan of The Dragon Age franchise. Thanks a lot for your time!

I got a reply with the code for the SE contents in about 20 minutes from Ross (whom I gave great praise on the survey I got about an hour ago).

Finally got Signature,antivan garrotte, the irons, amulet of ashes and the ring of whispers through ea support

here's mine
Hi, my name is Sarah. How may I help you?
Me:
Hi! I am a big gamer and recently purchased Dragon Age 2 for the 360. If there could be some way for me to get a code for the Signature Edition contents and "the Irons" dlc I would be very, very grateful! I did not hear about this promotion until the week after it ended and as such, was unable to preorder it. I know the chances are probably slim but please consider it for a gamer that is just now becoming a big fan of The Dragon Age franchise. Thanks a lot for your time!

Sarah: Ok, let me see what I can do for you
Sarah: provide me your email address under which you have registered the game
Me: Thank you
Sarah: I have checked your account and found that you have received code for DLCs already
Me: I have received the other DLC but I am still missing the Signature edition contents and the Irons DLC. IS there a chance you could help me with that?
Sarah: Ok
Me: Thanks a lot
Sarah: Ok, here is the code for Signature Edition ******
Me:Thanks
Me: Do you have the code for Irons?
Sarah: Here it is ******
Me: Thank you!
Sarah: You are welcome
Sarah: Is there anything else I may assist you with, today?
Me: That will be all
Sarah: It was my please to assist you today.
Sarah: I would appreciate if you could take out some time to mention in the Survey, if I was of any help to you.
Sarah: Have a great day.
Me: I will surely do
Sarah: Bye and take care

awesome!!! i got the amulet, ring of whispers, ser issac, the irons, and signature code just from emailing them... thanks for all the info guys!!!

Thanks for the heads up about customer support.

I asked for the Amulet of Ashes and the Signature Edition content and got it no problem. There was no mention of "making an exception" or anything like that.

For people that got the Signature edition code, does this code contain the Prince DLC or is it only the weapons? On my Bioware redeemed content page it says "Signature Edition Rewards."

Careful, guys... They might get peeved if you contact them more than once:

"I suggest you that please do not contact us again with such requests otherwise your issue would be passed to the appropriate department.

And they will further investigate it."

[quote name='gunstar808']Thanks for the heads up about customer support.

I asked for the Amulet of Ashes and the Signature Edition content and got it no problem. There was no mention of "making an exception" or anything like that.

For people that got the Signature edition code, does this code contain the Prince DLC or is it only the weapons? On my Bioware redeemed content page it says "Signature Edition Rewards."[/QUOTE]

I got a code for xbox360. That was the only code I got for xbox.com. Rest I had to redeem on my bioware account. I do not have such an entry like you. Is that the reason? on xbox.com it was a code for black emporium.

I'm in total awe that all I had to do was ask customer service politely and they gave me codes for the amulet of ashes, the irons, the ring of whispers and the antivan garrote. That was all I needed to have all of the promotional content for Dragon Age 2. I'm shocked that they are giving out codes for the Signature Edition as well. :shock: Thank you for the info fellow CAGs.

[quote name='Bent 00']Careful, guys... They might get peeved if you contact them more than once:

"I suggest you that please do not contact us again with such requests otherwise your issue would be passed to the appropriate department.

And they will further investigate it."
[/QUOTE]

Stop abusing it then :roll: so you don't ruin it for everyone else. #-o

[quote name='gunstar808']Thanks for the heads up about customer support.

For people that got the Signature edition code, does this code contain the Prince DLC or is it only the weapons? On my Bioware redeemed content page it says "Signature Edition Rewards."[/QUOTE]

They hooked me up with the Signature Edition code for the PS3. When I redeemed it, it included the Signature Edition Rewards, The Black Emporium, and The Exiled Prince. Hope that info helps.

I e-mailed them and got the SE code, but it was only for the Black Emporium. So, I went on the live chat and they gave me codes for the Exiled Prince, Ser Issac's Armor, The Irons, Amulet of Ashes, The Lion of Orlais, and Fadeshear. I don't know if the Digital Armory stuff was included in the Black Emporium or the Exiled Prince DLC. If not, then I still need that, Hayden's Razor, Ring of Whispers, and the Facebook items.

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']Go to http://support.ea.com/app/ask to send them a message and wait for a reply or go to http://support.ea.com/app/chat/chat_landing to live chat with a rep.

If you need a guide to what to say go back to page 11 and read from there on. The letter gamereric posted is mine from when I first posted about on this subject and it works really well. I used it to get Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 promo items when they were new.

Other people have posted transcripts from live chat sessions so you can get an idea of what works there too. One suggestion, if one live chat rep shoots you down or only gives you part of what you want, wait an hour or two and try again. Some people have had luck on a second or third try.[/QUOTE]

This post is at the top of age 11 for me.

I didn't realize until now that people are truly getting DLC items for free via chatting with support!

Thanks guys for the heads up about obtaining codes by just asking. I was able to get 4 out of the 5 items that I needed just by asking Jesse. Was able to get Armor of Ser Isaac of Clarke, Amulet of Ashes, Antivan Garotte, and The Ring of Whispers. Only thing that I didn't get was The Irons belt.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Stop abusing it then :roll: so you don't ruin it for everyone else. #-o[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't assume I abused anything. #-oI only contacted them twice, and the only thing they gave me that I was not entitled to was the Antivan Garrote. I earned everything else - I bought three copies of the game and a letter opener from Epic Weapons.

I think the guy I talked to, "Roddy", was just in a bad mood. I offered to provide proof that I was entitled to everything I had been helped with, but he just seemed annoyed. Maybe because it was late at night?

Guys, if you have the game for the 360, The Exiled Prince is supposed to be redeemed on Xbox Live through a separate 25 digit code. The signature code that you redeem on the BioWare social only gives you the weapons.

i emailed them a couple of times and they keep on ignoring my antivan garrote request. but i got the other codes though. i didnt ask for signature code.

I mentioned "Prince DLC" on live chat and they gave me a code for it. Then I sent an email out asking about the Anitvan Garrote and The Irons, and got a code for the Irons, and a 25 digit marketplace code. I'm guessing its either The Black Emporium or the Prince.

Is there any way to check what the code is redeemed for? If i redeem a code for something I already own what happens? Any ideas?

do i need a code for every single item? i got a code for irons and ashes. but on my bioware account i could not find Sword [Fadeshear] and Shield [Lion of Orlais].

[quote name='Drizzt87']do i need a code for every single item? i got a code for irons and ashes. but on my bioware account i could not find Sword [Fadeshear] and Shield [Lion of Orlais]. [/QUOTE]

The Fadeshear and Lion of Orlais should both unlock with 1 code. I believe most of the other items unlock with their own code. Tho the signature items unlock with 1 code, but show up as 1 item under your bioware account (actually 5 items). Hope that helps.

Only thing I want is Exiled Prince... what is the over/under on success for that? I only see like 1 person saying they got it. Oh well.

[quote name='gunstar808']I mentioned "Prince DLC" on live chat and they gave me a code for it. Then I sent an email out asking about the Anitvan Garrote and The Irons, and got a code for the Irons, and a 25 digit marketplace code. I'm guessing its either The Black Emporium or the Prince.

Is there any way to check what the code is redeemed for? If i redeem a code for something I already own what happens? Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
It'll say "Content already redeemed" and the code will remain unused.

Sent them an email through the link provided trying for some of the PS3 Signature Code & Issac's armor. The rep didn't seem to read my message, and just gave me the canned "you input the codes you have here" instructions. SIgh...I guess I'll try live chat later, I hope no one else has to deal with "Paddy".

Damn, i didn't get any of those codes, if anyone wants to help a brother out and pm me some, I'd be most appreciative. Here I was trying to play Legends, thinking that's all I could get now.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']... I hope no one else has to deal with "Paddy".[/QUOTE]

... and in my case Paddy gave me the codes @ EA-Chat AND via E-Mail .. :cool:

Well, I tried my luck and got nothing from them. Guess I'll be waiting for the Ultimate Edition, and hoping that everything is included. =/

[quote name='EventHorizon']Well, I tried my luck and got nothing from them. Guess I'll be waiting for the Ultimate Edition, and hoping that everything is included. =/[/QUOTE]

I can guarantee the Ultimate Edition won't have the Promo items were talking about here. It will only have the Black Emporium and the Exiled Prince that every version comes with plus any payed DLC that has come out up until that time. That's how origins worked.

bread's done
Back