Dragon Age 2 - FREE and Promotional in-game items [Currently 31+ available]

I was able to get everything except the Antivan Garrote. I'll trade a Black Emporium or Exiled Prince code for it, if someone has an extra.

I got an e-mail yesterday telling me to preorder, i had already bought it, so i sent in an email asking if i could have the preorder items, all i got was a pre-written response

I would like to trade a Signature Edition Code (not the DLC code, just the Bioware-Code) for a XBox Live Free Trial.

In case u r interested feel free to pm .. :roll:

----------
EDIT: its over, thx 4 ur interest & answers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that was painless. Just finished chatting with Jessie and now I have everything except the rest of the DA Legends unlocks. She (or he, I suppose) gave me the Irons, Amulet of Ashes, Antivan Garrote, and Ring of Whispers.

Word of warning: Don't try to redeem a code for something you already have. It won't stop you from redeeming multiples of the same code. Jessie gave me a Signature Edition code first, even though I already had redeemed the one I got w/ the game. I assumed the site wouldn't let me redeem a code for something I already had (I was testing the code like I test XBL codes...I was expecting something similar to 'you already own that content') and, well...I had a spare SE code for about 2 minutes, but now it's gone. Sorry about that. Easy come, easy go, I guess...

[quote name='Darth RaLLe']I would like to trade a Signature Edition Code (not the DLC code, just the Bioware-Code) for a XBox Live Free Trial.[/QUOTE]
What's difference between the SE DLC code and the SE bioware code?

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']I can guarantee the Ultimate Edition won't have the Promo items were talking about here. It will only have the Black Emporium and the Exiled Prince that every version comes with plus any payed DLC that has come out up until that time. That's how origins worked.[/QUOTE]

Well unless someone has spares then and would like to send me them, I'm going to have to do without.

[quote name='eau']What's difference between the SE DLC code and the SE bioware code?[/QUOTE]

SE DLC code = XBox360 Code 2 redeem DLC via XBL
SE bioware code = redeem ingame items at Bioware Social Network

[quote name='Darth RaLLe']SE DLC code = XBox360 Code 2 redeem DLC via XBL
SE bioware code = redeem ingame items at Bioware Social Network[/QUOTE]
Does it mean the Signature Edition comes with two codes:

• The DLC code is for Exiled Prince DLC only
  • The Bioware code is for the rest of the bonuses (in-game items/soundtrack)
Correct?

[quote name='eau']Does it mean the Signature Edition comes with two codes:

Correct?[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's it exactly.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Yep. That's it exactly.[/QUOTE]

So the XBL Live code I was given saying "Black Emporium" contained Exiled Prince too?

Either way I need to talk to CS for the in-game items, since that's what I wanted and not Black Emporium.... Exiled Prince would be nice, but I can't check if the code I was given actually has it :/

when i got a signature edition code it was a marketplace code for black emporium.

so what do i need now? i would like to have the signature edition rewards and exiled prince. on my bioware account i dont have any entry for those things.

[quote name='EventHorizon']Well unless someone has spares then and would like to send me them, I'm going to have to do without.[/QUOTE]

You can do like several of the rest of us have done and ask EA really nicely.
http://support.ea.com/app/ask or http://support.ea.com/app/chat/chat_landing

[quote name='eau']Does it mean the Signature Edition comes with two codes:

Correct?[/QUOTE]

Actually the Signature Edition comes with three codes:

• The DLC code for the Black Emporium that every new copy gets.

EDIT: Okay apparently the Black Emporium DLC is the Exiled Prince also, according to another EA rep. I got them to give me a SE content code and got Fadeshear/Shield added onto my account as well. All set except for Legends...

Anyways, on another note? Any chance EA would give DA:O DLC codes that are lying around? I wanna grab some stuff since the UE doesn't come with anything but Blood Dragon armor.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So I'm guessing if Last Exile is separate, no one has gotten a code for that? Doesn't make sense why they'd give out a code for paid DLC...

Anyways, on another note? Any chance EA would give DA:O DLC codes that are lying around? I wanna grab some stuff since the UE doesn't come with anything but Blood Dragon armor.[/QUOTE]

Actually, a couple people here got codes for the Exiled Prince DLC from EA support, myself included. I didn't think it would be possible, but I figured since you could just ask for preorder DLC codes that they'd give a code for that too, and it worked. You should try asking for DA:O codes as well. You'll never know.

[quote name='mac101010']Actually, a couple people here got codes for the Exiled Prince DLC from EA support, myself included. I didn't think it would be possible, but I figured since you could just ask for preorder DLC codes that they'd give a code for that too, and it worked. You should try asking for DA:O codes as well. You'll never know.[/QUOTE]

So is what I was told by the rep true? That the Black Emporium code also included Exiled Prince? Or did your code at redemption actually say "Exiled Prince"

I got ahold of customer support because I wanted the Sir Issac armor...I have DA 2 on PS3 and I got the Collectors edition of Dead Space 2 but on the 360. They said that I am out of luck and I couldn't get the Issac armor cross platform...That was the sucky thing...the cool thing? The rep said he talked to to his manager and they gave me a $20 off coupon. I used it to order Crysis 2 :)

On a side note...if anyone has Dead Space 2 PS3 and would consider letting me borrow it for one day just to get the armor...please PM me -_-

Has anyone asked about "Bregan's Bow" and the "Pearl of the Anointed" items for DA: O recently? They were only released in Germany last time I checked...

[quote name='jousley']On a side note...if anyone has Dead Space 2 PS3 and would consider letting me borrow it for one day just to get the armor...please PM me -_-[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be easier to just rent it? Or even cheaper then that buy a used copy from Gamestop and return it the next day. Gamestop has a 7 day pretty much no questions asked return policy on their used games.

When people say they got the signature dlc from ea support, does that mean they got black emporium, exiled prince and the equips?

i wonder if i could send ea a bitchy message about how i preordered the DA:SE and then when i went to add money to it they changed it to DA:SD? and get the prince that way. i have a receipt

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So is what I was told by the rep true? That the Black Emporium code also included Exiled Prince? Or did your code at redemption actually say "Exiled Prince"[/QUOTE]

I don't see how that could be true, given that all new copies have Black Emporium codes. The code that came with my standard DAII for 360 redeemed for The Black Emporium.

I got a code from EA customer service that redeemed for the Exiled Prince.

From what I gather, and others have posted ITT, the 360 Signature Edition came with 3 codes in the box: Black Emporium, Exiled Prince, Digital Armory/Signature Edition weapons (redeemed on Bioware social page).

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So is what I was told by the rep true? That the Black Emporium code also included Exiled Prince? Or did your code at redemption actually say "Exiled Prince"[/QUOTE]

Its not true.
I just started 2 play DA2:
- all those items I earned in several ways are stored in a case inside my home
- the exiled prince is a bonus-quest
- Black Emporium Store is NOT available and needs a seperate code (online-pass)

[quote name='haru3173']When people say they got the signature dlc from ea support, does that mean they got black emporium, exiled prince and the equips?[/QUOTE]

Sadly no. When I asked, all I got was the Sig equip, I couldn't even get the soundtrack from it.

I guess these EA reps have no idea wtf they're giving out then... I don't really feel comfortable contacting them again asking for paid DLC though. Maybe wait for Ultimate Edition then, since Amazon's $15 credit disappeared neways.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']EDIT: Okay apparently the Black Emporium DLC is the Exiled Prince also, according to another EA rep. I got them to give me a SE content code and got Fadeshear/Shield added onto my account as well.
[/QUOTE]

so there is an extra code for fadeshear/shield? or does it come with another item? on first page it looks like that there would be only one code for fadeshear/shield/amulet.

I just sent them an email and got all 3 that i asked for within 5min.
"Hello,
I recently purchased Dragon Age 2(signature edition). I also have a number of other Bioware/EA games(Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fight Night, etc. I was wondering if it was possible to get codes for some of the Dragon Age 2 items I'm missing. The Irons, Amulet of Ashes, and Ser Isaac's Armor.
Thank you very much."

Response:
"Hello
Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.
I would like to inform you that I just made an exception and generated a new code for you. Please find the code below:
Ser Isaac's Armor XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The Irons - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Amulet of Ashes XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I appreciate your patience and understanding.
If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or visit our extensive knowledge base online at http://support.ea.com.
Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you regarding your issue.
Thank you,
Ross
EA Online Support"

I may ask for the 3 items that require to a "like" on facebook later. don't want to setup a facebook account...(update...they're already in my acct :) )

so i did live chat, was nervous as hell, social anxiety. this guy named rodney showed up, he asked me what my problem was, of course i had to type it three times because of MY poor typing skills. he asked for my gamertag. after 3 minutes gave me a code for the exiled prince.

thank you rodney, giving him a thumbs up

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I guess these EA reps have no idea wtf they're giving out then... I don't really feel comfortable contacting them again asking for paid DLC though. Maybe wait for Ultimate Edition then, since Amazon's $15 credit disappeared neways.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you should sweat it. When I contacted them I just asked about "the prince" and they gave it to me. The thing is, its most likely they are outsourced customer service reps. And most likely not gamers, they probably don't know what these codes really do or are for - they just scan for keywords in the email/live chat to figure out what you want.

Keep it simple. Its their job to provide service for you, and since they are probably graded on those survey responses they will most likely just give you what you want.

Its a small percentage of people bothering to ask for this stuff. If you are willing to go through the trouble of contacting them, there is no good reason to deny you or piss off a customer. If/when it starts to get abusive - people asking for tons of codes for profit - then you might have some problems.

***I have an extra 360 Black Emporium code if someone wants to work something out. Only promotional item I didn't get was the Antivan Garrote.

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents, as well.

I chatted with Shane and basically just said that I recently bought both Dead Space 2 and DA2 and did not receive the code inserts with either. I asked him if I could get a code for the Ser Isaac armor and the Exiled Prince DLC. He asked for a copy of my receipt and game manual (at which point I thought it was game over), but I explained that I was at work and did not have access to them.

To which he said, "Okay, here are the codes anyway."

So... yeah. You pretty much just have to ask for them. Sweet!

It's a shame that a majority of these items become useless not even halfway through the game. The items you get from completing quests are far superior, and the ones from the Black Emporium are a bit expensive at times. On the other hand, they're great for the low levels.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Sooo I ordered the game on Amazon the other day. All I have to is basically say " can I have the DLC from Signature" and I'll get it?[/QUOTE]

There is a very good chance. Don't be shy about asking about other promo items either.

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Sooo I ordered the game on Amazon the other day. All I have to is basically say " can I have the DLC from Signature" and I'll get it?[/QUOTE]
Yes, very likely on the Bioware code for the added contents. However, I doubt they will give you a PSN/XBL code for the Exiled Prince DLC though.

Anway, I downloaded and finished the demo, then got the Hayder's Razor.

Hey about that UPC code, when you register should I use the SIG one to get unlocks or will that screw me up when I go to call them for DLC unlocks

Does anyone have a spare Black Emporium code? PM me... but I'm giving it a try on chat.

Edit I got a code... awesome. Here is my chat for anyone interested.

Tyrone: Hi, my name is Tyrone. How may I help you?

2256977559: Hi Tyrone, I have a question about Dragon Age 2

Tyrone: Please go ahead

2256977559: I recently purchased the Signature Edition, but I have reason to believe my code for the "Black Emporium" store did not work. Is it possible for a replacement?

Tyrone: Could you please provide me your Gamer Tag ,EA account e-mail id and your date of birth registered on EA site ?

Tyrone: Apart from this please provide me the code for the game

2256977559: INFORMATION

2256977559: Unfortunately I am nowhere near my home to provide the code

2256977559: I'm at the office for the weekend so I was hoping to get this settled when I got back

Tyrone: Could you please hold on for few minutes, while I have a look on your issue with my supervisor?

2256977559: That is no problem

Tyrone: Generally we don't provide the code without verifying the complete information but as being an valuable player of EA, I am making an exception for you

2256977559: I appreciate it, thank you

Tyrone: Here is the code that you need to redeem in the console : CODE

Tyrone: Please save it

Tyrone: Is there any thing else that I may assist you with today?

2256977559: I have written it down

2256977559: No, that should be good. I willtry this and if anything happens I will send an email

2256977559: Thank you again

Tyrone: It was my pleasure to assist you. I would greatly appreciate your taking the time to complete the survey which you will receive in your email.

2256977559: I most certainly will

Tyrone: Bye, take care *Smile*

2256977559: Bye

bread's done
Back