Dragon Age II Collector's Edition: The Complete Official Guide for $23.09 on Amazon

This is the first guide I've bought since Tales of Symphonia, about 7 years ago. For the price, the content, hardcover, collector's factor, and the game it's for, I just can't resist!

Nice...although the last collector's edition guide barely was used. But for some reason I'm thinking I would actually get more use out of this one :)

I don't buy strategy guides. Ever. I use the internet.

But this thing is damn sexy and I love Dragon Age. I'm very tempted.

[quote name='Dalerax']I don't buy strategy guides. Ever. I use the internet.

But this thing is damn sexy and I love Dragon Age. I'm very tempted.[/QUOTE]

same here but since its Dragon Age and there is no CE of the game why not, pre-ordered

I preordered it about a week ago. I'm still on the fence if I want it or not, but it doesn't hurt to preorder it.

Also, I reallyreally wish I got the Signature Edition of DA2 :cry:

I bought the guide for DA:O and it was very helpful. Knowing how your choices affect the game really helped me plan out my game.
I guess i will get this one as well.

I think the odds are pretty good that this CE guide will be over-printed, but I'm thinking about just fork over $23 (instead of full retail) for a guaranteed pristine copy instead of possibly missing out at the end of the year.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I think the odds are pretty good that this CE guide will be over-printed, but I'm thinking about just fork over $23 (instead of full retail) for a guaranteed pristine copy instead of possibly missing out at the end of the year.[/QUOTE]
Actually, Piggyback's LE guides seem to go out of stock in a reasonable amount of time, the one for AC Brotherhood's out of stock anyway, so it seems they actually produce them in fairly limited quantities unlike Brady or Prima.

[quote name='Eusis']Actually, Piggyback's LE guides seem to go out of stock in a reasonable amount of time, the one for AC Brotherhood's out of stock anyway, so it seems they actually produce them in fairly limited quantities unlike Brady or Prima.[/QUOTE]

ya the ac brotherhood ce guides had a $30 amazon tiv for a couple days (during the gs 1/2 off guide sale even) because they weren't available...then everyone started trading them in.

[quote name='Gamehead']I bought the guide for DA:O and it was very helpful. Knowing how your choices affect the game really helped me plan out my game.
I guess i will get this one as well.[/QUOTE]

Knowing what happens takes the fun out of it for me.

This guide has been at this price before but for a short time it was at normal pre-order price and now it's down again. With DA2 only a month away, I'd grab the lower pre-order price while I still could.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']are Piggyback guides better quality/more limited than the Brady or Prima guides?[/QUOTE]
Piggyback guides are hands down the best guides I have seen in my life, both in terms of presentation and content. I used both of their Collector's Edition guides for FFXIII and RE5 and I never had to go to the Internet for anything, everything was right there on the page. Also, very very beautiful; you can get an idea of how their guides look at piggybackinteractive.com. When people talk about quality guides, some mention FuturePress and I would agree, they're better than Prima/Bradygames, but I still think Piggyback trumps them.

I had to go through hell to find a copy of the CE book for the first game so I am not going to make the same mistake again!

If it's Piggyback or FuturePress, it's an instant purchase for me. Both companies take their time in doing a good job in writing the guide and making sure it's accurate and clean. Obviously, it's almost impossible to get the guide 100% correct, though FuturePress and Piggyback are much closer to that than Prima or Brady.

bread's done
Back