Dragon Age: Origins - $49.99 / $39.99 (PS3, 360 / PC) at Amazon

mkernan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (92%)
From Deslock's review in PC Gamer and on the podcast, it sounds like the PC one gives you finer control, which can make the game different/more tactical. Plus it has an extra view that's pulled out, kind of Baldur's Gate style, that again can let you plan better in big battles, plus apparently there are a lot more enemies at once in different places, like they had to remove them and rebalance or something for the other two platforms.

So it does sounds like the PC one is the one to get.

Sounds like the early area is graphically the worst-he's guessing it was finished years ago and not really touched again-which gives it kind of an underwhelming introduction. And I guess the backgrounds aren't super interactive or anything.

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']Your confidence in my somewhat crappy computer is surprising. I will will have to see if there are any deals next week.[/QUOTE]

This game is not that bad on settings... you have plenty of ram... the graphics may be what will hurt you most, but other than that, try medium, can always dial back.

I'm kind of in a bind here, because if it is lower on black friday, do I try and get that price since the one I got was a gift and I could order the 40.00 on BF and return this one in its place, or do I try and get the six dollars now, or try and get them to honor the 16.00 off on black friday.

Do I even meet the minimum requirements? P4 3.0 ghz, Radeon x800XL 256MB, 2.0 gb ram

Maybe I'll just settle for the 360 version. I'll get achievements at least =)

Can anybody else confirm that this is only $50 in Gamestop stores now? if so I rather pick it up at that price than wait for the sale at K-mart for $40 since I rather not try to fight the crowds.

I posted this in another thread but thought that I would post it here as well.

I just saw Dragon Age for the XBox 360 at Wal-Mart for $39.95 today. I'm in Morris County, New Jersey. I didn't check the PC version cost, but the PS3 version was still $59.95.

They also had Borderlands for the XBox 360 for $29.95. Several other games had "price drop" tags, but those are the only two I remember the prices of.

Anyone happen to see any deals on this for next week?

The Amazon deal is really good but I would rather just pick it up in store.

Crap someone from Best Buy said they would price match the Amazon sale!!! So unless there is a sale happening somewhere I am going for that!

So I never got my promotional $10 off. I e-mailed Amazon and bitched, and they sent me a $10 off code. Then, right after that, I got another one, the one I was supposed to get. And then, after that, I saw that I had (I think) already gotten $10 off when I bought Dragon Age.

I'm confused. I think I might be ripping AMazon off, but I'm actually not sure what's even going on. Then again, they ripped me off when they dropped the price of the game a week after I bought it.

Anyone else have any difficulties? Anyone get stiffed? Anyone double-dip?

Gotta have the disc in the drive, tho, which I think is rather antiquated. But I guess without the disc in the drive, you could just sell it after you installed it and used your code! Or lend it to someone with the code...

Darn it.

Guess I can't have no disc and no DRM at the same time.

Still holding out for someone to have the PC version for $30 for BF but not a bad deal at all. Game definitely looks like it has more than enough content to justify $40, just have too much to play at the moment to not wait a few months for better deals.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Gotta have the disc in the drive, tho, which I think is rather antiquated. But I guess without the disc in the drive, you could just sell it after you installed it and used your code! Or lend it to someone with the code...

Darn it.

Guess I can't have no disc and no DRM at the same time.[/QUOTE]
I'd gladly have disc-in-tray over online activation or limited installs, though. this step back is somehow a step up.

I grabbed it on day one, and I wasn't disappointed. :) Tho I frankly don't care much for the "tactical" combat... Normal mode makes me cry once in a while ("WHY AREN'T YOU TANKING, TANK??"), and Easy mode is ludicrously easy.

But it's got so much going for it that I don't care, and I'm sure a lot of people really like the combat. I miss the auto-pause kinda stuff from KotOR.

[quote name='Arcturiang']I'd gladly have disc-in-tray over online activation or limited installs, though. this step back is somehow a step up.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you're probably right. The limited installs thing was ludicrous.

I like the Steam system a lot, but I get annoyed when I have to pay the same price (or more) for a digital copy.

[quote name='AwRy108']Your rig should be good enough to run the game a med. settings at 1680x1050.

You would do yourself well by getting another 2GB's of RAM and a 64-bit OS (Vista64 is terrific!), 'cause right now crusty old XP is holding you back. Seriously, when I went from XP to Vista64, my framerate in Sacred 2 went from an average of 45fps to 75fps.[/QUOTE]
Yes, but skip Vista and go straight to Windows 7.

I game on a laptop, so disc-in-tray doesn't work for me. Can't take a million discs around. It's good for people who hate DRM though.

Meh disc-checks are pretty simple to get around. Not sure if it breaks license agreement you agree to when you install the game but I paid for the game so I don't see how it's a crime. I'm not putting a disc in when the entire game is installed to my HD.

[quote name='V878']Meh disc-checks are pretty simple to get around.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's shocking to me how many people still complain about this when there such simple solutions to bypass it.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Anyone else have any difficulties? Anyone get stiffed? Anyone double-dip?[/QUOTE]

I got the credit for DA just fine, but waiting for left 4 dead 2. Shipped 2 days ago(got here today), still no credit, but I did receive it for ACII yesterday. E-mailed them a decent while ago, not over the supposed 12 hours response time, but it's been longer with no word than any other e-mail I've sent. I'll wait till tomorrow night before I try again.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']So I never got my promotional $10 off. I e-mailed Amazon and bitched, and they sent me a $10 off code. Then, right after that, I got another one, the one I was supposed to get. And then, after that, I saw that I had (I think) already gotten $10 off when I bought Dragon Age.

I'm confused. I think I might be ripping AMazon off, but I'm actually not sure what's even going on. Then again, they ripped me off when they dropped the price of the game a week after I bought it.

Anyone else have any difficulties? Anyone get stiffed? Anyone double-dip?[/QUOTE]

How is that a rip-off? You got it when you wanted it. If you want to wait for price drops, then wait.

Hmm, finally got the extra 10$ off for my l4d2, though the e-mail stated it was an exception since I didn't order it in the time frame. Of course seeing as how it was added to my order the 15th, and the e-mail stated oct 11-nov 17 for the promo 10$, they would have been getting another e-mail if I did get denied =P

[quote name='V878']Still holding out for someone to have the PC version for $30 for BF but not a bad deal at all. Game definitely looks like it has more than enough content to justify $40, just have too much to play at the moment to not wait a few months for better deals.[/QUOTE]

Most of the BF ads are out with no real sales on the PC version, so Amazon might be the last hope for a deal on that.

So for PC version, the adds point to buy now because its prob not gonna get any cheeper before years end?

bread's done
Back