Dragon Age: Origins-Awakening (360) at TRU for $25 (YMMV?)

Aguila

CAGiversary!
Did a quick search and didnt see this posted already. I was in TRU yesterday and picked up their last copy of DA:OA for the 360 when I saw the listed price at $33 (same price as on their website). I had seen this at Walmart the day before for $40, even though the original DA:O was still $40 there, too. Go figure. But, to my surprise, it rung up at $25. I saw no signs noting this at all. I didnt check their PS3 version.

I'd been holding off on this because people have said it wasnt worth $40, but at this price I had to bite. Besides, my wife loves this game and it will make my future game purchases easier :)

EDIT: This was kinda buried in this thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254954, and you'll have to click another link in the OP to find DA:OA, so not sure how anyone would really find that easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe ringing up as clearance? Their website also shows it as 32.98 and they may have still been doing that whole "take an extra 25% off clearance" thing yesterday.

That makes sense and the math works out. I find it strange that it wasnt marked like soooo many other things throughout the store. Anyway, I thought it was a good find and would share.

I got in at the Lakeline Mall location of Austin, tx. $25

To answer about the clearance thread... It is not on clearance nor with any of their clearance games. It's just regular on the shelf labeled $33 but ringing up at $25. I know I for one don't check the clearance thread because nothing is ever left in clearance at local TRU, but something like this that's just on the shelf is there.

So thanks OP!

[quote name='Vajra']I got in at the Lakeline Mall location of Austin, tx. $25

To answer about the clearance thread... It is not on clearance nor with any of their clearance games. It's just regular on the shelf labeled $33 but ringing up at $25. I know I for one don't check the clearance thread because nothing is ever left in clearance at local TRU, but something like this that's just on the shelf is there.

So thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Wrong, it IS on clearance for $32.98 and there is an additional 25% off clearance items going on now at TRU. Anything ending in 0.98 at TRU is on clearance (and for that matter, anything ending in .00 is also on clearance at TRU).

[quote name='Josef']Wrong, it IS on clearance for $32.98 and there is an additional 25% off clearance items going on now at TRU. Anything ending in 0.98 at TRU is on clearance (and for that matter, anything ending in .00 is also on clearance at TRU).[/QUOTE]

Wrong, that sale ended yesterday.

[quote name='bigant262']Wrong, that sale ended yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Correct, I forgot it ended yesterday, but that's why he got the game for $25.

[quote name='Josef']Correct, I forgot it ended yesterday, but that's why he got the game for $25.[/QUOTE]

Lol yup. Kinda wish they would've extended it but oh well. I got Riddick for 4 bucks! lol

bread's done
Back