• A making of documentary
    • Soundtrack
    • Trailers
    • Wallpaper
    • Concept art video
    • Strategy tips.
  • Cloth Map
  • 3 pieces of exclusive in-game content:
    • Bergen's Honor: A massive helmet made out of dragonbone (+2 to armor, +25 physical resistance, +6 to attack)
    • Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes: A special book that adds +3 to all attributes when read
    • Final Reason: A magical staff of immense power (adds to damage, spell power, and fire damage)

All New Order get the following
  • Additional In Game Content
    • "The Stone Prisoner" unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character, Shale
  • An unlockable item for Mass Effect 2
    • Blood Dragon Armor, an exclusive set of themed armor that will give the player additional protection in combat. This armor will be available for use in both Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2.

Pre-order will get
  • Memory Band, an in-game item that can be equipped to add +1% to all gained Experience Points and which adds one bonus point that players can use to boost their character’s skill set.
  • Lion's Paw boots which adds to armor, dodge, and evading missiles. Offer good while supplies last. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible

Gamestop pre-order exclusive
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75494
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75492
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75493

Reserve Dragon Age Origins and receive these in-game items:

* The GameStop Exclusive Feral Wolf Charm - With this charm, hunters claim that they are enchanted on moonlit nights by scantily clad witches deep in the heart of the Korcari Wilds. As if that's not enough, the charm also adds to your armor and increases your health regeneration.

Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full retail still. Seems like a lot of fluff for 15 bucks extra. I dont know too much of this game but will probably pull the trigger on the collector edition soon, damn eca. Thanks OP. Wish listed it.

Gonna need some more info on those extra items and unlockable quest/character before I decide to cancel my pre-order and get the CE. $15 isn't too much more though.

I just want a detailed description of the Mass Effect 2 item. What if its a dragon summoning gun, then I might think about it, but that's really all I was interested in, sites say this game is coming up rather shallow.

ugh... I want this, but I am not playing 58 for it, after eca.

I like the content and the soundtrack but don't think it's worth it.

I'll wait till it drops in price.

[quote name='xycury']ugh... I want this, but I am not playing 58 for it, after eca.

I like the content and the soundtrack but don't think it's worth it.

I'll wait till it drops in price.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

I agree a bit too pricey, hopefully we see a drop in price.

The unlockable character should be pretty cool, dontcha think guys?

I preordered the PC version with ECA. Plenty of time to change my mind if new information comes up.

I think that's a good CE for the extra $15. I'm a game music junkie, so that sold it for me alone. But, the in-game items and cloth map should be cool, too. Throw in the ME2 stuff....done deal.

God i can't wait for this game... bioware is teasing me with the whole "oh its the spirital successor to baldur's gate"... BG2 is easily the best rpg i ever played... I'm taking at least 3 days off for this game... Getting Collectors edition for sure!

Hrm . . . I pre-ordered the regular edition of this on the EA site with the Sims 3 card deal from Best Buy a little while back. I'd switch my order on there and pay the extra, but for some reason they don't seem to be listing the CE on their own site! Not sure it's worth canceling and getting it somewhere else, since it would cost me a lot more that way . . .

[quote name='arcane93']Hrm . . . I pre-ordered the regular edition of this on the EA site with the Sims 3 card deal from Best Buy a little while back. I'd switch my order on there and pay the extra, but for some reason they don't seem to be listing the CE on their own site! Not sure it's worth canceling and getting it somewhere else, since it would cost me a lot more that way . . .[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing, but seeing as how I'm paying $25 for the entire game, paying an extra $15 for a few little goodies (the only things I care about are the in-game content, to boot) is madness. After buying a few Collector's Editions a few years back and not caring about them at all now, I avoid CEs.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Full retail still. Seems like a lot of fluff for 15 bucks extra. I dont know too much of this game but will probably pull the trigger on the collector edition soon, damn eca. Thanks OP. Wish listed it.
00.gif
[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I actually don't mind a bit of "fluff" every now and again, providing the game is actually good. I'll probably pull the trigger on this.

[quote name='eastx']Why?[/QUOTE]

Because you've got two versions of the game: 90% complete, and 100% complete? If you could honestly tell me that the CE content would not be included in the original version of the game if the CE version did not exist, then that'd be fine, but let's face it: they're probably cutting ancillary content to entice CE buyers.

For those on the fence, the Shale DLC and the ME2 bonus item are available in the standard edition as well. Those were the only extras in the CE I wanted, so I'll be sticking with the SE to save $10.

Also, if you buy the CE digitally, you'll get an exclusive download that everyone else will have to purchase if they want it.

Pre-order today and you'll get The Lion's Paw boots which adds to armor, dodge, and evading missiles.

I hadn't noticed that listed on the Amazon site before. Nice to know they have their own preorder bonus as well as Gamestop.

I have a feeling that someone will put up the digital exclusive items up on the internet the day the game comes out, so if you don't need the tin or map you can save $15...

So what system is everyone getting this for? I like to try and buy games for my PS3, but i know EA's track record with the PS3 dev.

[quote name='Layd Dly']So what system is everyone getting this for? I like to try and buy games for my PS3, but i know EA's track record with the PS3 dev.[/QUOTE]

PC for me.

Anybody know if this is gonna have a campaign editor 'ala NWN2?

That was seriously what added immense replay value to the game - heck, some of those custom campaigns kicked the crap out of the original campaign

picked up the CE for 360 for $68 (after eca) and change....would cost me $65 and change for the regular version in store so I've rather go this route...did the same for Demon Souls for ps3

Shale and the Blood Dragon Armor is available on all versions (read: CE and SE) as long as you buy new. It's a DLC and the code might be written on the back of the manual, Shale costs $15 bones btw.

Then again, you can buy used and pray that the idiot who bought it didn't download the DLC.

It's a new strategy by EA to deter used game sales.

Gamestop's price also dropped on it, so it's $64.99 for the PC version and $74.99 for the 360 / PS3 versions.

My guess is that the $5 drop was universal, though Amazon dropped their price $5 before the drop and is carrying it along.

I'm also undecided between PC and PS3. This is like the 5th time this happened, and I usually end up buying PS3, only due to higher resale value.

My rule of thumb for these PC games, "If it launches with a console version, that's how it's intended to be played."

[quote name='Gamelore']I'm also undecided between PC and PS3. This is like the 5th time this happened, and I usually end up buying PS3, only due to higher resale value.

My rule of thumb for these PC games, "If it launches with a console version, that's how it's intended to be played."[/QUOTE]

well you'll be missing out any mods/editors... that's the best thing on the PC, the game could live on forever that way.

but look at Sacred 2... same thing, it's slighty better on the PC.

I think either way, if they don't come out the same time, the latter one usually sucks dick. Like Supreme Commander, awesome on PC, sucks hard on xbox when it came later.

[quote name='Gamelore']I'm also undecided between PC and PS3. This is like the 5th time this happened, and I usually end up buying PS3, only due to higher resale value.

My rule of thumb for these PC games, "If it launches with a console version, that's how it's intended to be played."[/QUOTE]

Here are some impressions from someone on a forum I frequent who had an opportunity to play/see in action the PC and 360 versions at GenCon:

Impressions:
As I mentioned in my quick blurb earlier, this game screams "Baldurs' Gate" to me, at least in its PC incarnation (see Xbox comments below). When zoomed out, it is extremely similar to the BG games. Circle indicators around all party members an enemies, quickbar icons for spells, pause and give orders, etc. I tried to capture some of this in my gameplay videos today, but unfortunately I'm at the mercy of other players to provide me good footage. I'll try to capture more of this tomorrow. The mouse wheel can zoom into a 3rd person action view that is MMOish in feel, and you can transition between the two easily.

The various UI screens are all very clean and user friendly. I intend on spending some quality time with the inventory screen in particular tomorrow, to see if Bioware has learned their lessons from Mass Effect. When making a character (limited selection in this demo) you can pick starting spells, and spells get better based on experience (various ranks, or you could spend choose to take new powers). You can customize the AI behavior with presets or setup conditional rules. (ie- specify that when health reaches 25%, use this spell).

Performance on the machines they had there (Core 2 duo, unknown speed, 8800GT) was great and running flawlessly at 1920x1080.

Xbox version:
I didn't play this yet, but watched some of it being played. There is NO zoomed out mode on the Xbox, and you have to play it in 3rd person action view. A Bioware developer informed me that this was removed from the game for performance reasons and because it was hard to control on a controller. You are limited to 6 preset quickslot items (3 shown at a time, right bumper acts as a "shift"), but you can change these on the fly. You can also assign skills to different "layouts" that can be toggled (for example using a different weapon.) Performance on the Xbox version was decent, but paled in comparison to the PC version 6 feet away. What struck me when viewing the two games is how different they feel. They managed to make the same game appear very tactical and deliberate (BG feel) on the PC and very action focused (MMO feel) on the Xbox. I don't know if this is necessarily a bad thing considering the different audiences of the platforms, but past PC enthusiasts who have adopted an Xbox only position may find this concerning. Still, you are able to pause and give orders, so you are not stuck playing it only as an action game.

Level editor:
I got a 5 minute level editor demo that allowed me to barrage questions. I'm not sure how much of this is already known, as I haven't been following the editor development at all. In random order:
- 3d models can't be imported into the game (as of yet, but maybe!) but you can bring in your own textures.
- Terrain modeling looks very rich and allows complete customization of position/rotation in 3d space.
- Scripting is handled in a C based language that appears to be quite powerful, allowing event delegates and some amount of OO coding.

Other random facts:
- After the "Origin" portion of the game (unique for each class), the game converges into the main area that is nonlinear. I specifically asked how this compared to BG2's Amn nonlinearity, and was told it would be similar. That is, there is a main quest line that is fairly linear with a great amount of sidequests branching off.
- Ship date for the game is 11/3, with PS3 version "about 2 weeks later". PC version is completely done already. Xbox version being tweaked.

Based on his impressions, the PC version is much more appealing to me, so I pre-ordered the CE from Amazon.

Is the only way to get those store exclusive items by pre-ordering or are they still in the game, but just not available right away?

[quote name='arcane93']Hrm . . . I pre-ordered the regular edition of this on the EA site with the Sims 3 card deal from Best Buy a little while back. I'd switch my order on there and pay the extra, but for some reason they don't seem to be listing the CE on their own site! Not sure it's worth canceling and getting it somewhere else, since it would cost me a lot more that way . . .[/QUOTE]

There WAS a CE listed.... for about 10 minutes. By the time i got my cards for the deal, they were gone... sadness was had.

I'm thinking i might find someone buying regular game, and flip them the extra money to buy the CE, and give them my regular copy.

[quote name='kipz']Any word on PC requirements yet? I only have an nVidia 8600GT and I'm worried about how it will run.[/QUOTE]

http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=682449&forum=135
Windows XP Minimum Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater
AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater
RAM: 1GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Windows Vista Minimum Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 2.2GHZ or greater
RAM: 1.5 GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Recommended Specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent
AMD Phenom II X3 Triple-Core 2.8 GHz or greater
RAM: 4 GB (Vista) or 2 GB (XP)
Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

[quote name='munkapotamus']There WAS a CE listed.... for about 10 minutes. By the time i got my cards for the deal, they were gone... sadness was had.

I'm thinking i might find someone buying regular game, and flip them the extra money to buy the CE, and give them my regular copy.[/QUOTE]

EA/Bioware didn't officially announce the collector's edition until recently

PC
http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/...ductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&productID=109525000

Xbox 360
http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/...ductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&productID=131113200

PS3
http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/...ductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&productID=131113400

[quote name='omyard']Is the only way to get those store exclusive items by pre-ordering or are they still in the game, but just not available right away?[/QUOTE]
They are not in the game. For PC version you can always download mods that give similiar power...otherwise you are out of luck.

Just to let everyone know Gamestop has stopped taking preorders on the Collector's Edition. I called about it today and it has been removed from the web site.

bread's done
Back