DRAGON AGE ORIGINS Xb360,PS3 $49.99 PC $39.99 at GS.com, and in stores.

Oswald9599

CAGiversary!
STILL $49.99 on the site and SHOULD BE $49.99 at stores, but not all stores are checking the prices in the computer so make sure they don't just tell you its not $49.99 or $39.99

dragon-age.png

Just noticed this yesterday. Even surprised the manager since I guess there was no word about a price drop. Could be PS3 and PC as well but I haven't tested this. If this is up already I apologize since I have been away at bible camp. JESUS YEAHHH!!!!

UPDATE: ALL versions are $10 off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rpnguyen']Warden's Keep DLC ($15 otherwise) only comes with new copies of Dragon Age, to deter people from buying the game used.[/QUOTE]

You get the stone prisoner and dragon armor dlc, not warden's keep.

[quote name='lude21']You get the stone prisoner and dragon armor dlc, not warden's keep.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my mistake.

Stone Prisoner is $15, included with new copies.

Warden's Keep/extra storage is $7, NOT included with new copies.

[quote name='cag1000']CE coming up with the $10 off also?

Also I wanna get the CE just no idea which system to get it for? PS3 better graphics, but how's the 360 online play?[/QUOTE]

there is no online play at all

[quote name='rpnguyen']One thing that irritates me about Dragon Age is the way they integrate DLC. For example, the $7 inventory DLC provides a huge boon to players but nonetheless it is DLC and cannot be acquired any other way, even if you buy the game new.[/quote]

That I don't have a problem with. As long as you can reasonably complete the game without the DLC, I see no issue. It's left up to the consumer whether or not they wanna shell out the extra dough for something that might make the game easier.

Another thing is that you will meet an NPC who gives you a quest that is obtained through DLC...even if you don't have the said DLC.

Now, that I don't like.

I'm about 60 hours into this now, at level 17. And I have to say this game is amazing. You really have to put the time in to get something out of it though, this is not a pick up and play for anyone kinda game, it's a hardcore RPG, the quests are good though, the story is amazing, the graphics are not as bad as I thought they were gonna be.

You have to have time for this game though, right now I'm unemployed and outta school so I've been dumping countless hours into it haha. It gets better and better as it goes on, the quests get more and more serious, your decisions really matter, you'll feel bad for certain characters, etc. So far it's one of the best games I've played in years, but there can be dull parts, you just have to stick with it to truly get the most out of it.

It reminds me of Baldurs Gate a lot, and then even more of KotOR, and Mass Effect. It's Bioware that's for sure. hmm, I like it much better than Mass Effect, but still they can't top KotOR.

Great game though so far, I feel like I'm close to the end so I'm gonna go back to playing now :)

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I think hes talking about co-op?[/QUOTE]
yes I meant co-op, but I just looked to see and see now that there is no co-op, so in that case the PS3 version might be the best one to pick up if it has better graphics and I am unable to play co-op on Xbox live. Anyone have an argument for getting 360 version over ps3?

[quote name='cag1000']yes I meant co-op, but I just looked to see and see now that there is no co-op, so in that case the PS3 version might be the best one to pick up if it has better graphics and I am unable to play co-op on Xbox live. Anyone have an argument for getting 360 version over ps3?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much achievements or trophies, I don't really care for either anymore, but since most of my friends own 360's, I usually get exclusives for PS3 so that I can chat with my friends while playing these games.

I do not have a good argument. I just prefer the 360 and its controllers, so I end up getting only PS3 exclusives for the PS3 and everything else for the 360.
*Except for Batman: AA, I wanted the Joker haha*

[quote name='BrolyB593']I do not have a good argument. I just prefer the 360 and its controllers, so I end up getting only PS3 exclusives for the PS3 and everything else for the 360.
*Except for Batman: AA, I wanted the Joker haha*[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is supposed to be largely superior to the Xbox 360 version (graphically and framerate wise), although the PC version is superior to both.

Saw a gutted copy of the CE version at GS. It looks awesome until the slipcover is removed. Yike! The steel case is a letdown, a steelbook wannabe. It's awful the way it opens and hinges.

[quote name='rpnguyen']The PS3 version is supposed to be largely superior to the Xbox 360 version (graphically and framerate wise), although the PC version is superior to both.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read all of that too. I don't know, I just prefer the 360. I can guarantee that if I had Batman for the 360, I would have played it more. I am an achievement whore, but at the same time I don't care about them?

I just like to know I am adding to them if I can. Plus I love the 360 controller. I have played a copy of the PC version and yes it is 10x better than the 360 one, but oh well.

bread's done
Back