Dragon Age Origins

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I just got my shipping Confirmation from the EA Store saying they shipped this out via Next Day Air, so apparently I'll have this tomorrow. Who else is getting this? Can't believe there isn't a thread for it yet.

Since it is a multi-platform game, you can expect threads to have been created in the general gaming, PS3, and 360 forums.

Usually in the PC forum, most multiplatform games would be found if they have some kind of multi-player component, so PC users can communicate friends lists or schedule playing time. Since DA:O is a single player experience, all of the content will be identical on all platforms, so probably the general gaming forum would be the best best for discussion content, unless you have a specific problem linked to the PC, such as issues installing or performance.

I saw this at E3 and thought it was amazing, at least the Trailer was awesome. I'll probably try this game out and see how it is. November 2nd!

Its on a ups truck. they couldn't find my house for some reason!!! So I'm waiting on a call to pick it up. I can't wait to play it!!!!

I realize i've posted that in several threads lol. i'm just so frustrated with them

Really excited to play the game. I enjoy the music/OST or whatever they are using. Not just themed classical or orchestrated music ya know.

Glad a couple of people are posting here, hopefully it keeps up. I played a little bit of it today, but I'm in the middle of school work, so it will have to wait. ;)

Amazon should be dropping my copy off today... already got the $10 bucks for pre-ordering it.

I'll install it today.

I've heard this will be down to $40 for consoles on BF. Hopefully the PC version will drop to $30. I should be wrapping up Borderlands by then.

quick thoughts on the game after a little to long session last night. First let me state, the game is excellent, plain and simple, one of the Best RPG's in awhile. SO if I point a few flaws (or stuff I dont like) dont think I do not like the game, I love it.

First off as a huge fantasy book reader, man this game has Wheel of Time all over it.. You got your Tolkin in my Jordan. I know, nothing is new anymore, and even the books mentioned got it form someplace else. But some of it (tranquils) is almost exact copy. Again, this isnt a bad thing really, but when I play I sure feel like I "havent i done this already someplace".
Graphics: I had read they are just OK, and I guess i sorta agree. SO far it hasnt effected me in any way, or even really been noticble. But when I stop and look, the people (other then faces) look really plastic. They did a pretty good job on faces (oblivions weak point IMHO). maybe this "lesser" graphic style is so more people can play it, not sure. I do have all options cranked and it plays fine, and yes even looks "fine" but there are better looking games (RPG) out there. Drakensguard, Heck even Oblivion (except the faces) and the pop up look better (opinion only). Overall, nothijg to worry about as the graphics are just fine.
Combat: nothing to point out as really new here, this system has been used a bit before. I would like it to be a tad slower, it moves really fast (actual combat). the pause and set up orders thing works for this type of game very well. I dont like how (i picked a mage) when i swap to a different character and I have my mage in the back, if i dont switch back the bugger instaly casts all his benaficial spells and efectivly cuts his mana in half (sheild spells, weapon buffs all cost mana per turn to power, so if you have 200 mana and a flame weapon and rock sheild on, 60 of your mana is gone, and gone untill that spell is gone. (anybody tell me if there is away to shut these off once cast?). I'm playing Normal and some battles are (only 4-5 hours in) quite a handfull if you dont micro manage (again, I dont mind this, but some will).

Interaction: Some of the dialog trees seem a bit, err, just there to be there. many of the dialog trees have 3-5 options, but in the end it ends up being the same no matter waht you pick. Now I understand the need to keep things "fresh" and some dialog can do that, if there is back story involved etc.. but some Dialogs are just sorta done to give you something to click it seems. there is no reason to ask NPC 5 different things (that dont add to story, help in any way to flesh anything out. maybe its just to make the world seem more "real"?) when he is just going to tell you to go to spot X. this doenst happen alot, but its in there from time to time. There is alot of dialog, and so far almost all of it has been worth litening too, i guess thats why when a "means nothing" one comes along it sticks out. Hmm maybe like every chest cant have something you really want, every dialog cant be something you need also.

Inventory: man, there is a ton of stuff in this game, but a limited amount of space. I was plum full at about 2 hours in and I dont know at all waht i need to keep and can sell. many things are for potions or posion, but since i just started and cant do much in either, i dont know if i can sell it or what. Some items you require (injury kits (hint, buy any you see)) are already hard to come by, so I'm getting the feeling some of this stuff might be worth something latter.

SPOILERS____________________________________________________Sorta

If battles are to hard, you can normally park your main force way back and run one guy in to pull (just like the MMORPG's). Arrows/bows.. On really hard singel Mobs who can put down some real hurt in melee. Put your guys on Bows, then range fire, whoever the mob goes after, run him around in a circle just ahead of mob, eventally he will switch focus, repeat same step with new guy. Bit cheap, but it works (if all else fails), I have really only used this in one battle, but it does work well (maybe mobs get much faster?).

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Does it have achivements? I'll probably get this on the PC, but I am achievement whore to an extent.[/QUOTE]

yeah... it'll serve up your OCD just fine. 1600 points worth, whatever that means....

I have been liking the game, but I feel this would be infinitely better if some point when the stories converge that it would open up co-op play...

I feel this will harm it more than anything else.

I can't wait for the mods though, pc community please don't disappoint me ;)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Does it have achivements? I'll probably get this on the PC, but I am achievement whore to an extent.[/QUOTE]

I am really torn as to which version to buy as well. Recently I have really been preferring to buy multiplatform games on my 360 as I would rather sit on my couch in front of a giant TV rather than squinting at my PC and getting carpal tunnel. That being said, I have read a few reviews about DA:O that all seem to indicate that there is a significant difference between the the PC and console versions of the game.

The big two things being (1) The interface and camera control is more elaborate and much better for the PC and (2) The graphics are noticeably better on the PC (although that's probably based partially on your own PC setup). It's kind of making me lean away from getting the 360 version.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I am really torn as to which version to buy as well. Recently I have really been preferring to buy multiplatform games on my 360 as I would rather sit on my couch in front of a giant TV rather than squinting at my PC and getting carpal tunnel. That being said, I have read a few reviews about DA:O that all seem to indicate that there is a significant difference between the the PC and console versions of the game.

The big two things being (1) The interface and camera control is more elaborate and much better for the PC and (2) The graphics are noticeably better on the PC (although that's probably based partially on your own PC setup). It's kind of making me lean away from getting the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Since there isn't multiplayer, and the graphics isn't a big hit... I'm running a 3870 with everything maxed, equivalent to 8800-9800 nvidia... and it's running fine.

I'd still pick the PC because of the User mods and DLC that you could get. There has been more love in the past for mods on the PC side than any on xbox.

Hugely disappointed by this game. Realizing I just don't like Bioware's take on the computer RPG ...

1) Zones are small and have typically one windy path thru a bunch of pretty stuff you can't interact with (ala Jade Empire/Kotor/NWN)
2) Character development is shallow. 3 classes (which 2 share about half their talents).
3) Tactics/AI custom party actions - seriously broken
4) DLC/Social/Servers are broken. I premade characters, but the servers are so overloaded/broken that I had to do it over. What was the point? Many folks are having issues redeeming pre-order/DLC codes as well. Fail

some nitpicks on voice acting, art and what not, but the above 4 are making my first impressions in the 5/10 range.

Last edited by a moderator:
It gets kind of dull at points and the point and click (which I appreciate them bringing back) is hit and miss for me. Getting the AI characters to do what I want in the tactics screen feels like translating another language and the npc's are some of the most boring and annoying characters I've seen in a game. Game does look great but the difficulty is really getting to me.

[quote name='wynams']
4) DLC/Social/Servers are broken. I premade characters, but the servers are so overloaded/broken that I had to do it over. What was the point? Many folks are having issues redeeming pre-order/DLC codes as well. Fail

[/QUOTE]

I have yet to have ANY issue with this... made 3 characters and got ALL DLC.... I think it's the way you're suppose to set everything up... EA account, then a bioware account to redeem then keep making sure you're logged in.

it's a hassle but it's not fail worthy, since it's working fine for some.

I've been enjoying it, but the difficulty is there... Tactics might work but some don't let you Tactic enough.. and the exploring part... this isn't Oblivion.

The social site doesn't update as often as it says (it still has me at level 2, which is where I was after playing Tuesday night) but it seems to be working fine. Haven't redeemed the DLC yet.

[quote name='xycury'] this isn't Oblivion.[/QUOTE]
... or Gothic I/II/III
... or Fallout I/II/III
... or Wizardry I - VIII
... or Ultima I - VII
or any other open world RPG, but if you like your worlds closed :cool:

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I am definitely not a fan of closed worlds ... too much of a
a series of sardine cans connected by loading screens feel.

[quote name='wynams']... or Gothic I/II/III
... or Fallout I/II/III
... or Wizardry I - VIII
... or Ultima I - VII
or any other open world RPG, but if you like your worlds closed :cool:

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I am definitely not a fan of closed worlds ... too much of a
a series of sardine cans connected by loading screens feel.
[/QUOTE]

So why did you buy it ????

I think all of bioware's previous games were exactly like Dragon Age.... did some preview or demo sway you into getting it?

This is like saying you ordered chicken nuggets expecting to taste like a Big Mac...

This honestly shouldn't be a POST play negative, it should have been a pre-buy negative.

I would say if they promoted a freely open world, seemless, but they didn't say anything like that.

:cool:

I bought this for two reasons ...

1. "Spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate" - the last closed world cRPG I liked developed by Black Isle
2. Watching an interview with one of the lead Bioware guys basically saying this game felt nothing like the Jade Empire/NWN games ... which implied this game was drastically different than previous Aurora engine games.

I do not like the Aurora engine, and while Bioware may be calling the DAO engine by some other moniker, it is basically a souped-up Aurora engine. I still can not jump down a 3' ledge (despite an engine texture for that tile showing a hole in the wall), most of the zones I have seen have one windy path through hills I cannot climb, buildings I cannot enter and objects I cannot interact with.

If anyone else disliked NWN/Jade Empire/KOTOR for some of these reasons, may my quick impressions steer you clear of this until a demo is out.

PS PC DVD for sale with all DLC unused (I have yet to catch the DAO server in the mood to 'authenticate' my codes). Manual, case, DVD .. all mint $35 paypal 'gift' or $35 Amazon GC

I would say if they promoted a freely open world, seemless, but they didn't say anything like that.

They promoted it as a game changer...ground-breaking...
Go watch some of the interviews with Devs...

All of these it is NOT.

It is KotOR with insert fantasy setting.

Oh for the days when people knew what a real RPG should be. BIOware has it down on making you think fluff is a good story and deep RPG...

Probably making bedfellows with EA hasn't helped that along what-so-ever.

[quote name='shagwoodtm']They promoted it as a game changer...ground-breaking...
Go watch some of the interviews with Devs...

All of these it is NOT.

It is KotOR with insert fantasy setting.

Oh for the days when people knew what a real RPG should be. BIOware has it down on making you think fluff is a good story and deep RPG...

Probably making bedfellows with EA hasn't helped that along what-so-ever.[/QUOTE]

I guess i'll have to, but I know I wasn't expecting an open enviroment.

And your words.. ground breaking... don't really sound like that either.

If you're going to hate it, hate it... but buyer's remorse when you think it was something else... come on.

I will say that the trailers did nothing to promote this game. The bad music and cheesy themes didn't help. The CGI trailer (the one where the party slays a dragon) is obviously cool but totally unbelievable (same with the TOR trailer). That being said, I'm not part of Bioware/EA marketing so I don't know where they were going with this game.

Heck, I think there was more talk about the sex scenes than anything. I haven't played through the whole game yet (obviously), but it's what I expected it to be: a deep RPG. Your party is bigger than KotOR, the customization is huge, and while your character is mute, the dialogue trees seem to be a lot more varied (plus there is no dark/light evil/good morality meter like in KotOR/Mass Effect).

Yes the pathing is kinda rough and the world is obviously closed, but it's not a platformer or an action game. Jumping down a hole will not land you in a secret area.

Thanks for keeping this civil, this board is doing a much better job at that than my usual hideout @ RPGWatch.

couple of comments quoted from Eurogamer.net review of this (which I mostly agree with)
"
I am four hours in and I was hoping that the entire game wasn't going to be like this. I feel like I am being pushed along through a story where I don't have any options right now."

and

"
5-6 hours of linear plot to get into a game that is 50 hours long - played straight through is borderline retarded. And it's not just that, it's just not an exciting and engrossing 5-6 hours.

I love long games, I hate long intros.

I played 4-5 hours last night, in that time period I had at least 4 party members swap in and out and two of them permanently die (I had no control over this). I felt like I couldn't even start to focus on leveling my characters or utilizing any gear I was picking up for fear of losing it from never being able to use a character in my party again. I had no control over who was in my party, I had no control over where to go and where to explore, I had no control over story line outcome based on responses to conversation. Right now, I am not happy with it.

"I realize this is just based on a very short amount of time played, but the author of this article DID state that the game opens up after that... and to be fair, I feel like unless I criticize this myself and jump on the fan bandwagon I'm setting expectations for other game developers to do something similar down the road."

Sorry for length, but just curious for input on how much the game opens up ... the first 4-5 hours are playing rather dull for me (and apparently a handful of others as well)

[quote name='wynams']Thanks for keeping this civil, this board is doing a much better job at that than my usual hideout @ RPGWatch.

couple of comments quoted from Eurogamer.net review of this (which I mostly agree with)
"
I am four hours in and I was hoping that the entire game wasn't going to be like this. I feel like I am being pushed along through a story where I don't have any options right now."

and

"
5-6 hours of linear plot to get into a game that is 50 hours long - played straight through is borderline retarded. And it's not just that, it's just not an exciting and engrossing 5-6 hours.

I love long games, I hate long intros.

I played 4-5 hours last night, in that time period I had at least 4 party members swap in and out and two of them permanently die (I had no control over this). I felt like I couldn't even start to focus on leveling my characters or utilizing any gear I was picking up for fear of losing it from never being able to use a character in my party again. I had no control over who was in my party, I had no control over where to go and where to explore, I had no control over story line outcome based on responses to conversation. Right now, I am not happy with it.

"I realize this is just based on a very short amount of time played, but the author of this article DID state that the game opens up after that... and to be fair, I feel like unless I criticize this myself and jump on the fan bandwagon I'm setting expectations for other game developers to do something similar down the road."

Sorry for length, but just curious for input on how much the game opens up ... the first 4-5 hours are playing rather dull for me (and apparently a handful of others as well)
[/QUOTE]

Is the spoiler part your impressions or not?

I've played 4 hours into it.... grant it the first part is tutorial and story driven....

It really does open up. Each class has a different intro.

I would think eventually the stories would class into each other and that's where we see the world more open. And it's not too linear when you can go back to other areas...

If it does say 50 hours... what's so bad with 5 to 6....? about 10% of the gameplay?

I really don't think it's that bad.

Sry that was unclear ... spoilers and most of that post were from eurogamer.net i.e. not my impressions ... I just like the way that commenter put things

I am to the "go into the wild" part at the first Gray Warden camp where they are sending me to get some darkspawn blood. I will play a bit more in hopes that I get to have more control/choices soon. I seem to remember the first few hours of NWN2 being linear and/or boring/slow.

[quote name='wynams']Sry that was unclear ... spoilers and most of that post were from eurogamer.net i.e. not my impressions ... I just like the way that commenter put things

I am to the "go into the wild" part at the first Gray Warden camp where they are sending me to get some darkspawn blood. I will play a bit more in hopes that I get to have more control/choices soon. I seem to remember the first few hours of NWN2 being linear and/or boring/slow.[/QUOTE]

So you must be a human rouge or warrior.... yeah that's like part 1-2 in Super Mario Bros for the NES.... still VERY intro. Probably only played maybe an half an hour? maybe a full hour?

I think the dialog gets long and some of the cutscenes are long... but it gets better... just it's not an ARPG too much... there's quite a bit of slow periods and there is hand-holding for a bit.

I've started on the Mage, and it's completely different.... so considering each class has it's own intro... and I'm not playing that much to figure it out yet... I don't know when the stories converge into one yet.

More on my take of the game......

I started with a human rouge archer but I'm having an awful experience... and I can't switch up mid game. I wish we can respec into a different area.

Problem is I wasted some Tactic points when I shouldn't... and I have a useless starting skill for an Archer... and that the archer misses ALOT.... unless I have AIM active... which drops my DPS alot. That and I can't hit anything right in front of me... which the skill I picked prior should allieviate it but doesn't.

So I think I might be starting over and doing a duel wield and go assassin route.

I have a warrior dwarf I'm going to do too...

I'm thinking I'm going to have the worst horrible play with an Archer... I might keep that just because I'm that far into it but ... just hating it right now.

Introductions are always a touchy subject with games. How long is a sufficient intro? How long before you can jump into the "meat" of the game? I remember for KotOR you don't start out as a Jedi and a lot of people were unhappy with the relatively long non-Jedi levels. So for KotORII you start as a Jedi. Of course that introduces a slew of balancing problems: how powerful should you be early-game?

Actually, Mass Effect may be similar.
I remember you do a bunch of quests before becoming a Spectre(?) and then the game opens up by being able to travel almost everywhere. So really I guess all Bioware games are the same: a long introductory sequence before the game can start branching.

[quote name='wynams']I bought this for two reasons ...

1. "Spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate" - the last closed world cRPG I liked developed by Black Isle
2. Watching an interview with one of the lead Bioware guys basically saying this game felt nothing like the Jade Empire/NWN games ... which implied this game was drastically different than previous Aurora engine games.

I do not like the Aurora engine, and while Bioware may be calling the DAO engine by some other moniker, it is basically a souped-up Aurora engine. I still can not jump down a 3' ledge (despite an engine texture for that tile showing a hole in the wall), most of the zones I have seen have one windy path through hills I cannot climb, buildings I cannot enter and objects I cannot interact with.

If anyone else disliked NWN/Jade Empire/KOTOR for some of these reasons, may my quick impressions steer you clear of this until a demo is out.

PS PC DVD for sale with all DLC unused (I have yet to catch the DAO server in the mood to 'authenticate' my codes). Manual, case, DVD .. all mint $35 paypal 'gift' or $35 Amazon GC[/QUOTE]

I have played pretty much every Bioware RPG since Baldurs Gate 2. I loved BG2 and I hated NWN and Jade Empire. I have to say that after playing about 16+ hours into Dragon Age, it is way more like BG2 than NWN/Kotor/JE and I am really enjoying it so far. You might want to give it a little bit more time to grow on you and actually play beyond the intro before you decide you hate it.

I've only been able to put about 8 hours into the game so far, but I must say it is absolutely amazing. Easily the best game I've played all year.

This game rocks. But it is also a pretty difficult game to. I guess I'm not to far in, but I think this game can easily provide 100+ hours for just one character.

[quote name='xycury']So you must be a human rouge or warrior.... yeah that's like part 1-2 in Super Mario Bros for the NES.... still VERY intro. Probably only played maybe an half an hour? maybe a full hour?
[/QUOTE]

His complaints do sound silly, especially since he's making them from the opening moments of the game without giving himself time to get into it.

[quote name='eastx']His complaints do sound silly, especially since he's making them from the opening moments of the game without giving himself time to get into it.[/QUOTE]

About as much time as Reviewers take to grade a game? ;)

Any other comments on PC vs. console? I've been reading about the 360 version and seems like the graphics take a major hit. Are they much better on the PC? Was this a game developed for PC and ported to console or codeveled for both?

No question: if you have a decent gaming PC, get the PC version. The system requirements aren't even that high for Dragon Age. Plus you have a keyboard interface, toolsets (custom skins/maps/etc), and you can employ much more strategy in your battles.

This is not your half-arsed console-to-PC port.

[quote name='drunknmunkys']Any other comments on PC vs. console? I've been reading about the 360 version and seems like the graphics take a major hit. Are they much better on the PC? Was this a game developed for PC and ported to console or codeveled for both?[/QUOTE]

PC is far superior to all else.

They were codeveloped but with all the pluses on the PC side... who would be silly enough to not get it if you can run it. The requirements aren't that bad either.

Just completed this game earlier today. I loved it. I played through as a human noble warrior and thought the intro was fantastic. I generally had my guy, Alistair, Oghren, and Morrigen (who was dumped in favor of Wynne). And for the late late game I used Wynne as a healer and Morrigen for debilitation/damage with my warrior and Alistair.

I generally stuck to the main quests, and it still took about 44 1/2 hours (with 26% of the game 'completed'). I'm not much of a gamer though so I played on the easy difficulty because I wanted to experience the story rather than mastering micro-management and my own patience with reloading. Not the most original plot ever (what fantasy setting is??), but it was a captivating one.

My only regret is never using a rogue in my party throughout the entire game (I don't even remember coming across an opportunity to add such a member). I can't help but think of all the loot and items I had to leave untouched because of locked chests.

I did a side track origin story and chose the Dwarf Noble story (main is Human Noble). All I can say is that the conversation choices you have are absolutely hysterical, and it was definitely my favorite origin story so far (I've done 3 up to this point). I'll probably keep playing the dwarf and make him be my renegade/badass playthrough.

I simply can't get enough of this game though, and the end of the college semester needs to hurry up so I'm not bogged down with all this homework lol.

I build a new gaming pc in May only to discover that there really aren't as many games better on the PC as their used to. Glad to hear this one is :)

I've played about 5-6 hours thus far with my dwarf noble warrior and am enjoying it thus far. Only problem is, I missed out on Baldur's Gate 1&2 the first time through and never got around to playing them, so this party style RPG is completely new to me. I feel like I don't actually know what's going on in a battle and before I know it, the battle is over and I'm left scratching my head as to how I won.

I know to take this game slow as it's not Oblivion or Diablo, I can't just hack my way through everything. I'm told I should pause frequently, but even when I pause I feel a tad bit overwhelmed with all the options/talents/enemies.

So any tips for a party RPG newcomer? I really want to see everything this game has to offer and avoid getting fed up and quitting because of my lack of skill.

Also, in the tactics screen, is there an option to just attack? For example, if one of my allies gets down to less than 50% health, I want my main dude to attack his attacker. But it only seems you can choose a talent, and not just the regular ol' attack.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I've played about 5-6 hours thus far with my dwarf noble warrior and am enjoying it thus far. Only problem is, I missed out on Baldur's Gate 1&2 the first time through and never got around to playing them, so this party style RPG is completely new to me. I feel like I don't actually know what's going on in a battle and before I know it, the battle is over and I'm left scratching my head as to how I won.

I know to take this game slow as it's not Oblivion or Diablo, I can't just hack my way through everything. I'm told I should pause frequently, but even when I pause I feel a tad bit overwhelmed with all the options/talents/enemies.

So any tips for a party RPG newcomer? I really want to see everything this game has to offer and avoid getting fed up and quitting because of my lack of skill.

Also, in the tactics screen, is there an option to just attack? For example, if one of my allies gets down to less than 50% health, I want my main dude to attack his attacker. But it only seems you can choose a talent, and not just the regular ol' attack.[/QUOTE]

I actually have just been using the default tactics scripts and haven't delved into setting up anything custom yet (but I really should). As far as fights go, what you do probably depends on your party setup. I personally roll with either 2 Warriors, 1 Rogue and a Mage or 2 Warriors and 2 Mages. I generally send the warriors up front and have Alistair use his shield and taunt abilities to try and grab focus from most of the enemies. While this is going on, I have my Mage/Rogue characters use spells/arrows to nuke down any enemy mages (they are high DPS but pretty easy to kill) and then drop any AOE spells that my mage(s) has wherever the enemy has clustered up. Additionally, I have my mage(s) constantly spamming heals on Alistair or whoever else is taking damage. Also, don't be afraid to have health/mana potions on your hotbar so that whoever is taking damage can heal themselves without having to always rely on mage heals.

P.S. If you don't have a mage with a decent AOE (Fireball, Tempest, etc) and the Heal spell yet, you should make that a priority. They are very useful.

The game does open up quite a bit, and it is easily the best Bioware game to date. There are things about it that I still do not care for, but overall, its a solid 7 for me now. (Closed world, too much cut scenes, too little impact of my dialog choices ...)

I have played the console(PS3) and the PC version. I have a Q9300/HD4870 so I can run at max settings on PC.

There are some things I like better about the PS3 version ... there is a 'send to junk' button for you to have all of your vendor trash sellable in one click 'sell all junk' that is missing from the PC version. I prefer the map ('m') on the console version. Controls are intuitive, and the game is fun to play.

Textures and animation on the PC version is miles beyond the consoles though. That and patches, the world editor, modding community etc. make this the version to have if your PC runs it.

I am in gaming heaven with these games.

Bioware has conversations between you and your party members, and even conversations between them without you. Also Bioware lets you make many different choices about how to handle situations, lots of plot and dialogue trees. Plus I love playing evil characters in CRPGs.

When the developers said DA was completely different than Jade Empire and KotOR, I think they meant combat style. Otherwise there are some very familiar (and in my case, welcome) simularities with other Bioware games.

I wonder, how many people love Bioware and Bethesda? In my experience most people prefer one by far over the other. I'm definately a Bioware kind of guy.

[quote name='Sideswiper']I wonder, how many people love Bioware and Bethesda? In my experience most people prefer one by far over the other. I'm definately a Bioware kind of guy.[/QUOTE]

I don't really like the open ended style of the Elder Scrolls games at all. Absolutely love the style of the Bioware games though.

bread's done
Back