Dragon Age (PC) $39.99 w/ Free Ship @ Newegg

That's a great deal and all, but this kind of thing frustrates me. Why are these games retailing for $60 on consoles, but coming out at $40, and $50 for the PC? Not trying to be whiny, just inquisitive...

[quote name='aporter727']That's a great deal and all, but this kind of thing frustrates me. Why are these games retailing for $60 on consoles, but coming out at $40, and $50 for the PC? Not trying to be whiny, just inquisitive...[/QUOTE]

Couple of reasons.

1) There are licensing fees on the consoles. I don't know the exact amount, but I've heard little to no licensing fees to put your product out for the PC.

2) Piracy. Piracy has been easy to do on the PC for years, harder to do on consoles. More people pirate games for the PC, thus prices go down as PC titles sell less/less demand.

3) It cost more to have a uber PC. You have to upgrade your video card every so many years to make your game look sexy, and then at times you gota get a new motherboard (I get a new PC every 7 or 8 years but I'm sure PC gamers will opt for one even sooner). Your only spending $400 or less on a console but you'll spend much more on a new PC, and I usually spend about $150 or more on the graphics card alone.

Either way everything always runs better on the PC and looks better. There are benefits and I prefer most western RPGs on the PC (Fallout, Oblivion, Mass Effect) for MODs and better performance.

[quote name='aporter727']That's a great deal and all, but this kind of thing frustrates me. Why are these games retailing for $60 on consoles, but coming out at $40, and $50 for the PC? Not trying to be whiny, just inquisitive...[/QUOTE]

Because Microsoft and Sony have to get their cut. LOL @ you if you're paying $60 for greatly inferior versions of games. I got PC dragonage for $32 from amazon by the way.

[quote name='tobinbell']Because Microsoft and Sony have to get their cut. LOL @ you if you're paying $60 for greatly inferior versions of games. I got PC dragonage for $32 from amazon by the way.[/QUOTE]

Obviously I'm on this site for a reason. I haven't paid full retail on a console game in a few years. LOL somewhere else...

[quote name='tobinbell']Because Microsoft and Sony have to get their cut. LOL @ you if you're paying $60 for greatly inferior versions of games. I got PC dragonage for $32 from amazon by the way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, take that elsewhere.

Nice deal on the disc version. I bought a disc version and I am regretting not buying it on Steam but then again if you are saving an extra $10 I guess it doesn't matter as much which format it is.

Young Scrapper do not worry if you resale your console games u always make out on top! I normally get 66% of my console game money back and closer to 0% money back on my pc games there for a pc game usually ends up costing me(and people in general) more. There for i personally have a much lower price point for computer games 20-30$, while the console games price really don't matter because in the end i will only lose $20 or less do to there resale value

[quote name='Stry-ker']How did you get that deal?[/QUOTE]
i'm guessing he got the credit line which gives u 25$ up front toward your first purchase

[quote name='serum79']Dragon Age PC is 39.99 at Amazon too with free shipping[/QUOTE]Just noticed this too and bit on a purchase through Amazon.

And PC will definitely be the definitive version w/ the slew of mods to be available, ala NWN! I love it. Extends replayability

bread's done
Back