Dragon Ball Raging Blast $14.99 @ Amazon

Not a bad deal for those looking into this game. The second one comes out later this year though. Still a very fun game and i recommend it to anyone :)

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Not a bad deal for those looking into this game. The second one comes out later this year though. Still a very fun game and i recommend it to anyone :)[/QUOTE]

true.... I was waiting for the price on this one to drop considerably, but they go out and announce the sequel before the drop. I think I'd wait for the newer one with a bit more polish on the gameplay hopefully.

Is Raging Blast better than Burst Limit? Also, is it the sequel? I remember Burst Limit ended after the Cell Saga, and didn't continue to the Buu saga.

[quote name='truckasauras']true.... I was waiting for the price on this one to drop considerably, but they go out and announce the sequel before the drop. I think I'd wait for the newer one with a bit more polish on the gameplay hopefully.[/QUOTE]

I'd still pick it up as its supposed to come out in November, that's plenty of time to play this one and sell/trade in if you don't want to keep it.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Is Raging Blast better than Burst Limit? Also, is it the sequel? I remember Burst Limit ended after the Cell Saga, and didn't continue to the Buu saga.[/QUOTE]

It depends on your opinion. Burst Limit is like the Budokai games while Raging Blast is like the next gen Tenkaichi games. I never really liked the Tenkaichi style but Raging Blast changed my mind on that. Raging Blast continues from Sayian Saga to Buu Saga and has Broly saga also. They also added a "What-if stories" in the single player. And no Raging Blast isn't a sequel to Burst Limit they're both different styles(as i said above). I would get it for this price though because of all the content they have in it and with the sequel to Raging Blast coming out in the Fall its probably the perfect time to get it.

[quote name='truckasauras']true.... I was waiting for the price on this one to drop considerably, but they go out and announce the sequel before the drop. I think I'd wait for the newer one with a bit more polish on the gameplay hopefully.[/QUOTE]
Following this logic you'll be waiting for, well, quite possibly ever. This series started back in 2002 and has released a successor every single year since.

'02 - Budokai
'03 - Budokai 2
'04 - Budokai 3
'05 - Budokai Tenkaichi
'06 - Budokai Tenkaichi 2
'07 - Budokai Tenkaichi 3
'08 - Burst Limit
'09 - Raging Blast
'10 - Raging Blast 2

Back in the day when I was a raging (blast) DBZ fanboy (also back when the economy was good and my mom had a good job) I bought every single game practically on release day... well, Budokai 1-3 that is. I rented Tenkaichi and briefly played it, never touched BT2, and just recently bought BT3. There's really not much of a point in buying a DBZ fighting game on the main systems anymore cause there will always be a replacement. If you don't care to play future titles, then no big, but if you always want something else from the series then you're best off waiting until one of the titles hits all the sweet spots you're looking for. I'm now 19 and still a DBZ fanboy at heart, but I've long since outgrown the fanservice aspect, and now mainly as a gamer I wanna see more out of a DBZ game than it simply being DBZ.

So far Budokai 3 still reigns champ as the best DBZ game out there. I'll probably rent the newer games eventually, but I really don't like how the series went from it's simple to pick up and play system featured in Budokai to it's more steep combo-mastering system it uses now. Keep in mind the first three games were quite easy and all you had to do was Kamehameha throughout the entire game, but they really didn't need to turn it into a combo-mash to change this.

I personally think they've done all they can with the DBZ fighting games. Now they're simply milking it, there's practically no change in the last few games from one another. They need to move on to something else, like an RPG. Sagas had promise for going in a new direction, too bad it sucked.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Following this logic you'll be waiting for, well, quite possibly ever. This series started back in 2002 and has released a successor every single year since.

'02 - Budokai
'03 - Budokai 2
'04 - Budokai 3
'05 - Budokai Tenkaichi
'06 - Budokai Tenkaichi 2
'07 - Budokai Tenkaichi 3
'08 - Burst Limit
'09 - Raging Blast
'10 - Raging Blast 2

Back in the day when I was a raging (blast) DBZ fanboy (also back when the economy was good and my mom had a good job) I bought every single game practically on release day... well, Budokai 1-3 that is. I rented Tenkaichi and briefly played it, never touched BT2, and just recently bought BT3. There's really not much of a point in buying a DBZ fighting game on the main systems anymore cause there will always be a replacement. If you don't care to play future titles, then no big, but if you always want something else from the series then you're best off waiting until one of the titles hits all the sweet spots you're looking for. I'm now 19 and still a DBZ fanboy at heart, but I've long since outgrown the fanservice aspect, and now mainly as a gamer I wanna see more out of a DBZ game than it simply being DBZ.

So far Budokai 3 still reigns champ as the best DBZ game out there. I'll probably rent the newer games eventually, but I really don't like how the series went from it's simple to pick up and play system featured in Budokai to it's more steep combo-mastering system it uses now. Keep in mind the first three games were quite easy and all you had to do was Kamehameha throughout the entire game, but they really didn't need to turn it into a combo-mash to change this.

I personally think they've done all they can with the DBZ fighting games. Now they're simply milking it, there's practically no change in the last few games from one another. They need to move on to something else, like an RPG. Sagas had promise for going in a new direction, too bad it sucked.[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes. Where would you rank the other DB/Z games on the list like the 3 PS1 games (Legends wasn't localized), the GBA, PSP, DS, and Revenge of King Piccolo

(Wii), and Dragon Ball Z: Infinite Worldhttp://www.walmart.com/ip/Dragon-Ball-Z-Infinite-World-PS2-Pre-Owned-PlayStation-2/12962467 type games?

Last edited by a moderator:
|
|
|
Ok, I have a choice between getting either:
|
|
|
|
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (Greatest Hits Version)
|
|
|
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi (1st one)
|
|
|
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2 Version)
|
|
|
Dragon Ball: Revenge Of King Piccolo (Wii)
|
|
|
or Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
|
|
|
|
All of them are pre-owned games except for Budokai 3 (Greatest Hits), which should I get?
|
|
|

Last edited by a moderator:
Brock F'N Sampson;7267282 said:
|
|
|
Ok, I have a choice between getting either:
|
|
|
|
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (Greatest Hits Version)
|
|
|
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi (1st one)
|
|
|
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2 Version)
|
|
|
Dragon Ball: Revenge Of King Piccolo (Wii)
|
|
|
or Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
|
|
|
|
All of them are pre-owned games except for Budokai 3 (Greatest Hits), which should I get?
|
|
|
Budokai 3 without question. Best Dbz game ever.

[quote name='genfuyung']Budokai 3 without question. Best Dbz game ever.[/QUOTE]

QFT! I LOVE Budokai 3...still play it every so often..tho I will admit BT3 for the Wii is fun too..gettin to do all the Kamehameha hand-movements and BIG BANG ATTACK motions as well is like a dream come true

bread's done
Back