Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Vol. 3 through 7 - Under $50 each

Tsukento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
FUNimation's and Walmart's online stores apparently have leftover copies of Dragon Box Volumes 3 and 4.

DBox Vol. 3 from Walmart - $31.96
DBox Vol. 3 from FUNimation - $44.99
DBox Vol. 4 from FUNimation - $44.99

FUNi's store offers free shipping (though they charge state tax). It took me roughly a week for my order of Vol. 4 to process and then ship out, but it's worth the wait since these two are out of print and tend to be overcharged to high hell by resellers.

Walmart also has Boxes 5, 6 and 7 for $29.96. So far, the cheapest place to get the last three sets (Amazon charges $31.93, RightStuf $35.99 and FUNi $44.99). Can't help with Vol. 1 and 2, though. Those are completely gone.

Since Kai didn't include it, then the Orange Boxes. Though if you don't mind different spines, you could get all of Kai and then Seasons 7-9 of the Orange Boxes.

But aren't the VA's different in Kai? If they are that's blasphemy in my eyes. I can get the whole series + dragon ball GT for about $140 on amazon.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']But aren't the VA's different in Kai? If they are that's blasphemy in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Some. Gohan, Bulma, and Freeza are the major recastings, since Stephanie Nadolny and Tiffany Volmer have left FUNimation and Chris Ayers was brought in to make Freeza sound male for once. Everybody else is the same VA, though with different inflections.

If you are hesitant about Kai, an edited version airs on Nicktoons Network and Vortexx (formerly CW4Kids).

[quote name='DNukem170']Some. Gohan, Bulma, and Freeza are the major recastings, since Stephanie Nadolny and Tiffany Volmer have left FUNimation and Chris Ayers was brought in to make Freeza sound male for once. Everybody else is the same VA, though with different inflections.[/QUOTE]

If you are hesitant about Kai, an edited version airs on Nicktoons Network and Vortexx (formerly CW4Kids).

To those who were hesitant to pick up Kai, it seems that the Japanese VAs are recording new episodes for International release. Doesn't specifically say the Buu saga, but not much else it could be.

bread's done
Back