Dragon Quest IX Download Event @ Best Buy Sat. Feb 26th & Sat. March 5th

SaraAB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Just got this in an email:

Link to Best Buy Info page

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Find a participating store at the above link.

Experience the epic world-hopping, sword-swinging, slime-busting adventure in Dragon Quest® VI: Realms of Revelation at a Best Buy location near you. Nintendo representatives will be on hand to give you an in-depth look at this long-awaited RPG. You'll also get a chance to try it out for yourself.

When:
Saturday, Feb. 26 - 12pm-4pm
Saturday, March 5th - 12pm-4pm
(Event times may vary)

Have a copy of Dragon Quest® IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies? Be sure to bring it along with you—a special map exchange will be available for the game, accessible via the Tag Mode feature.

[quote name='Skydude']I'm shocked that neither of these is in the DC metro area, it's kind of a major place. I mean, there IS one in Reston, but that's a ways outside the beltway, as anyone in the area knows.
[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, you're right. I was just assuming there'd be one nearby.

the people that go today, let me know how it goes and if it's worth going to. If so then I guess I'll drive to the Santa Clarita store for the next one.

I'm out of luck as the nearest is an hour away. And I have easy access to three Best Buys. Hopefully some people will go to Pax East. I know I need more people for my inn.

The best buy in Amherst, NY IS NOT having this event (even though it is listed on the website as being a participating location), I called them and spoke with 2 different people who told me there is no such thing going on. Therefore I did not make the drive out to the store (since it would take me a long time, the weather is bad, and gas is expensive).

The kids and I went at the start of the event and stayed for about an hour. No one else showed up with their DS's. It is a bit bad on the roads with snow here today though. We each got a DQVI poster and DSi lanyard. Kids also got pens and silicone bracelets.

The Nintendo rep had over 200 hours into DQIX and shared a map with me (level 51, like I'll ever get far on that one) :).

I asked her a lot of questions and learned quite a bit. I was suprised to hear she also has not completed the final battle. I have about 60 hours in at the final battle (with some saving mishaps costing 4 hours or so), with some skill point harvesting, but with her over 200 hours, I'm a bit worried about what's in store to complete. And then there is all that is available after completing.

After BB, stopped at GS on the way home to get the free Celebi pokemon for my son.

So overall, we were happy with our trip. Even though we played a lot of kinect and Marvel vs Capcom instead of DQIX.

[quote name='Rollett']Not even one in Oregon....[/QUOTE]

There's one in Gresham on March 5th.

Unfortunately the WA ones are in Bellvue and Lynwood.

[quote name='bobphone']1 in PA? Come on.[/QUOTE]
There's 1 in Florida as well, and it's in Miami. Great for those nearby, but I am about 8-9 hours from Miami.

My BB was supposed to have the event today but the rep never showed up. All I ended up with was three tags. Pretty lame.

I went today, and I got 6 tags, and like 20 maps, including the Masayuki Map (Metal King Slimes on Floor 15), and Emerald Snowhall of Hurt lv.81 thanks to some helpful players wearing slime caps.

For New York City players, two events will be held on March 6. One at the Union Square Best Buy from 10-2 and from 3-6 at Nintendo World. I hope I make the time to go to the Nintendo World one, but it's kinda late for me factoring travel time.

I'll be at the Fairfield Township (Hamilton, OH) BB next Sat. I'm hoping for the Mayasuki Map & Kawasaki Locker, as well as a few tags. Since I only have 4 guests now, I'm not hopeful to fill the Inn, but I'll take any tags I come across. Hopefully I won't be the only one there.

Nothing in Northwest IN...even though I can drive to about 5 BB in less than 30 min...oh how I hate you...guess its a good thing I managed to finally generate a grotto with MKS on my own then..*sigh*

The turnout at the Mission Viejo, CA DQIX event was pretty good. I got 10 tags and got the Ruby Path of Doom Lvl 87 map. Is that the Mayasuki map?

The poster that the rep handed out was really high quality. He mentioned that next week when he's at another BB that is close to where I live, he would bring DQIX posters instead of the DQVI posters he handed out yesterday.

I wonder if it would be worth the nearly 3 hour drive to go to one of the closest ones to me? I've needed only 3 more tags to upgrade my inn for months now. But I don't seem to recall getting too many tags at the Best Buy event shortly after launch.

[quote name='Altanis']There's 1 in Florida as well, and it's in Miami. Great for those nearby, but I am about 8-9 hours from Miami.[/QUOTE]

2 in Florida...one in Orlando on March 5th. Plans are working out that I think I'll be able to go.

There was only one in Florida yesterday ;). The one in Orlando's no better. Still gonna be 5 hours or so for me. Sucks.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I went today, and I got 6 tags, and like 20 maps, including the Masayuki Map (Metal King Slimes on Floor 15), and Emerald Snowhall of Hurt lv.81 thanks to some helpful players wearing slime caps.

For New York City players, two events will be held on March 6. One at the Union Square Best Buy from 10-2 and from 3-6 at Nintendo World. I hope I make the time to go to the Nintendo World one, but it's kinda late for me factoring travel time.[/QUOTE]

Where did you find out about these March 6th NYC events? I can't find info on them anywhere.

I wanted to go to the Event in Akron, OH. I just started playing it and would love to have the good maps, but with 2 kids and a wife that works on the weekends it's very difficult. Why couldn't it be at the North Canton, OH BB.

.....i've decided not to go to the Orlando one. Really wanted too...but its farther than I thought and gas prices are outrageous right now. I already have 50 tags and all the legacy boss maps...so not sure what else I'd need...besides having a great time playing with people. Hopefully they'll have some events closer...

So, I decided to go to my local event cause I thought others might want some good grotto maps. My Best Buy event only had DQVI posters and lanyards, no shirts. It was quite disappointing too, after 2 hours, only one other person had shown up. At least I was able to give him some good maps to help him out. Guess nobody else in my area cares about DQIX anymore. Glad I don't need tags for my inn.

I went to the Hamilton, OH store and got 11 tags, a Dragonlord map I missed last summer, a MKS map, and a map with a few PKJS in it. Got a poster and some help from other players to beat the Zoma map. Killed some time playing MvC3 and Mario Sports Mix and talked to the Nintendo rep about her job, the 3DS, and Nintendo in general, so not a bad way to spend about an hour's time.

Thanks for the head's up about this! I need 14 more tags to upgrade the inn. Don't know that I'll ever get them, but it would be cool if they had another event down the line like this.

I went to the one in Louisville, KY after I got off work yesterday and the rep had already left! I couldn't go last weekend because I had to work. Oh well... hopefully they'll do another one.

bread's done
Back