Dragon Quest VI (DS) BradyGames Strategy Guide: Amazon Price $11.55 w Prime

Ships in 1-3 weeks. Sheesh, I'm never going to get my copy of this it seems. When I ordered it was going to be delivered March 2-4 (7-9 days). I can wait till then. After that, I might as well just end up buying it from somewhere else.

Actually, I might as well just end up ordering from somewhere else anyway. Amazon is just PMing the price B&N.com has it for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I ended up canceling at Amazon. It was $10.97 even with my Goldbox discount, and I found a 15% off code at B&N for members that dropped it to $10.50 shipped there. Plus, they actually have it in stock.

I'm going to be starting the game in a week, and would like to have the guide if I needed it.

So if you have a B&N membership, you likely can get the item cheaper (and quicker) there.

Dragon Quest/Warrior guides have a history of being expensive now that I think about it. The original DW4 guide was only available via mail order. You could only mail away for it if you had the order form on the back page of the instruction manual. That guide used to be around $70-100. Dragon Warrior 1&2 as well as DW3 on Gameboy color guides routinely went for over $50 a few years back. DW7 guides were extremely hard to find and subsequently shot up in value. I am not surprised to hear DQ4 and DQ5 guides going up in value. I learned my lesson a while ago and now order these from Amazon at or soon after launch for a measly $12.

I don't use guides with games. If i'm stuck, I look it up on Gamefaqs or ask a question on a forum. I mostly buy guides to collect, but usually only buy hardbound ones.

Nice price. I think I'll buy one, since I don't want to risk waiting on this to hit a penny. I don't really use guides when I play games, but I sure love collecting some, especially for my favorite RPGs!

[quote name='storino03']Thicker than I thought! :)[/QUOTE]

That's what she said. :D

In all seriousness though, I got this for 12.50 last week and it came the other day. Well worth it imho.

bread's done
Back