Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS) $14.99 w/ Free Shipping on New Egg

Wompdevil

CAGiversary!
Sorry if there is a thread about this already but I noticed Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (DS) for $14.99. Not sure if this is a Black Friday deal or not but I haven't noticed it at this price before.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878144035&Tpk=dragon quest VI

Dragon Quest IV and IX are also on sale for $14.99. (Thanks Madrocsz)

DQ IV:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878144019

DQ IX:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190190

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Madrocsz']Good find, to note dragon quest iv and ix are 14.99 as well[/QUOTE]

Thanks, didn't even notice that since I have only had my eye on VI which I was missing. I will update the title.

[quote name='whoknows']Out of IV and VI which one is better?[/QUOTE]

Both.

And since Nintendo published VI, you get Club Nintendo Points

[quote name='Nohbdy']Both.

And since Nintendo published VI, you get Club Nintendo Points
[/QUOTE]

Incorrect IV was missing the talk to your party feature in the US version

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Good price and on IX too, nice. I still can't find a deal on DQV though![/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest V has been a weird one. The first run of the game went out of print for several months, maybe almost a year. The only way to get it was mostly through third parties. They eventually ended up doing a second run of it right before DQ IX came out so it has been easier to find but deals on it have been pretty rare.

In regards to which DQ is better, IV or VI, I have no idea really since I haven't played much of VI other than a little on a SNES emulator. IV is the first game in the Zenithia trilogy though the games are loosely connected so you aren't missing out if you don't play them in order. IV was really good though I had a real blast playing V and I believe either V or VI is hailed as one of the best in the whole series.

Nothing on DQ Monsters Joker 2 either, huh? I have a feeling that one's going to end up like V. It's a spinoff series that a lot of people in the already-small DQ fanbase don't care about, and since it only came out because Nintendo was under contract with Square to publish it it probably didn't get a big enough run to ever get discounted.

I picked up VI from Newegg earlier today, seriously awesome deal.

Picked up both games. I've been wanting these for a while, even though I usually avoid spending more than $10 for video games given how flooded the market is. ;)

[quote name='Blaster man']Guys, I got dragon quest 6 on clearance at target for $10.48 last week. There were tons there. I think I saw a couple left yesterday still.[/QUOTE]
And they will probably all be gone tomorrow. ;(

[quote name='Optical']And they will probably all be gone tomorrow. ;([/QUOTE]

Last year all game clearance at target was wiped out on black Friday. So it's probably safe to assume it will happen again.

Thanks TC! I picked up DQVI, which is the last one I needed. I now have every DQ game except II and III. Were those released here in the US ?

[quote name='KarlMarx']Thanks TC! I picked up DQVI, which is the last one I needed. I now have every DQ game except II and III. Were those released here in the US ?[/QUOTE]

They were released on the NES as well. But yeah, the GBC versions are better.

[quote name='KarlMarx']Thanks TC! I picked up DQVI, which is the last one I needed. I now have every DQ game except II and III. Were those released here in the US ?[/QUOTE]

In Japan the games were also released on the Super Famicom with 16 bit graphics. While the graphics on the GBC versions aren't 16 bit, they are designed after the Super Famicom versions for the most part.

There was a 25th anniversary collection of Dragon Quest I, II and III for the Wii which included the Super Famicom versions along with a bunch of other extras that came out recently in Japan. While I am hoping it will come out in the US, considering how Nintendo of America has been with some other RPGs they won't release here it could be unlikely. Though on the other hand Nintendo has been trying to do a push for Dragon Quest and a collection of the first few games could help keep the fans happy until Dragon Quest X comes out. I still never expected Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 to come out in the US.

http://www.1up.com/news/dragon-quest-anniversary-celebrated-wii-collection

One last option is that if you have a SNES emulator, you can find translated versions of Dragon Quest I-III online.

bread's done
Back