Dragon Quest VIII now Greatest Hits?

cranguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I was browsing Square Enix's online store and noticed this cover:

ps2_dq8.jpg

I have not seen DQ8 with a red Greatest Hits bar before. Has anyone else?

Yeah but I haven't seen any with the red label. In fact, I ordered a copy on Amazon about 2 weeks ago and it's in the standard box.

I hella want to pick up this game.. but I cannot justify spending more than $15 new for a PS2 game. Waiting on Amazon to drop it down to $15. :lol:

And yeah, it's been a GH title for a bit now.

It's a personal decision of course, but this game run over 70 hours easily, and many people (myself included) spent over 100 hours. At $20 that's only 20 cents an hour - cheap entertainment indeed!

[quote name='mis0']I hella want to pick up this game.. but I cannot justify spending more than $15 new for a PS2 game. Waiting on Amazon to drop it down to $15. :lol:

And yeah, it's been a GH title for a bit now.[/quote]
You missed out then. A couple of weeks ago Gamestop was selling them for $9.99 (Or was it $4.99?) for a week.

[quote name='Xenomac']You missed out then. A couple of weeks ago Gamestop was selling them for $9.99 (Or was it $4.99?) for a week.[/quote]

Oh what the fuck! Damn it. :(

[quote name='mis0']I hella want to pick up this game.. but I cannot justify spending more than $15 new for a PS2 game. Waiting on Amazon to drop it down to $15. :lol:

And yeah, it's been a GH title for a bit now.[/quote]

I'd just take the leap if I were you.. Then again, it's not going anywhere. This game is epic, and also given the graphical style still looks just as gorgeous as many current-gen games IMO. Easily my favorite Dragon Quest.

[quote name='bvharris']I'd just take the leap if I were you.. Then again, it's not going anywhere. This game is epic, and also given the graphical style still looks just as gorgeous as many current-gen games IMO. Easily my favorite Dragon Quest.[/QUOTE]

I took the leap just yesterday.. because it was being sold for $14.50 at Amazon. :)

[quote name='mis0']I took the leap just yesterday.. because it was being sold for $14.50 at Amazon. :)[/QUOTE]

Enjoy it, it's certainly a timesink (though to be fair, like most old-school RPGs a lot of that is level grinding, which you will have to do). I happen to like grinding, so it was right up my alley, hope you enjoy it too.

[quote name='bvharris']Enjoy it, it's certainly a timesink (though to be fair, like most old-school RPGs a lot of that is level grinding, which you will have to do). I happen to like grinding, so it was right up my alley, hope you enjoy it too.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to it. I've been playing a lot of the tried and true PS2 games recently. I've only played DQIII and DQVII.. I really enjoyed DQIII on my Gameboy Color all those years ago. :D

bread's done
Back