Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition - Nintendo Switch $49.99 or $39.99 with GCU

These are the times I wish I could see everything that was going down on Black Friday lol. I’m probably not going to use my mystery reward certificate unless I got this game (I’m guessing it’s a $5 one) and I could get it for $35 with my other certificates.

I’d just hate to buy this at $35 and it ends up being under $30 Black Friday (and then I’d save the certificates).

First world problems

Any word on how long this sale price will be valid?

Actually, are we into BB’s holiday return window yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would argue that if you already 100%’ed the PS4 version it’s not a big enough difference. However if you haven’t played either or just a little of the PS4 I’d grab this one for the 2D mode, extra costumes, QoL improvements like crafting anywhere, and portability. It also runs very well on the switch.

I would argue that if you already 100%’ed the PS4 version it’s not a big enough difference. However if you haven’t played either or just a little of the PS4 I’d grab this one for the 2D mode, extra costumes, QoL improvements like crafting anywhere, and portability. It also runs very well on the switch.
This.

You can find comparison videos on Youtube. Side by side you can tell the difference, on its own... looks and plays great. And it's Portable.

Haven't finished it yet, but easily in my top 5 Switch games.

This sale may be going on for a while as BB has been discounting many of the Nintendo published games (and DQ was published by Nintendo in the West) to $49.99.  They also recently put some of Nintendo's other big titles of the summer - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Super Mario maker 2 - on sale for $49.99. 

Great game and worth the pick up at this price.  I should have waited a few more weeks so I could have gotten with GCU though :\.  I ended up just moving forward digitally.

Best Buy’s holiday return period did start today, anything purchased can be returned through Jan 14. So I went ahead with this deal, since I didn’t have anything else to use the mystery cert on.
Be aware that the price in store is still 60, so getting website matched plus GCU requires knowledgeable staff.

Depending on GCU for savings shouldn't even be considered a newsworthy savings strategy. May as well start creating threads for having AAA membership and senior citizen discounts.

Come on man
While I think the GCU discount is a lot more relevant to readers of this forum than your analogy suggests (mine runs out mid 2021), those who have it are very aware of the prices after their discount. So I agree it probably doesn't make sense to base deal announcements off of it. (Sorry for quoting the wrong post. I'm on my phone)

It was $44.99 a couple hours ago, now it is not. I guess likely game to go on sale later for holidays

Already have the regular on PS4, is it worth the double dip?
The Switch version is the best overall version of the game, but if you already own it unless you absolutely loved the game and can't wait to play it again I would say wait for it to get cheaper. I personally skipped it on PS4 and waited for the Switch release.

Best Buy definitely had $44.99 up a few hours ago. They must've JUST raised it. Damn!

bread's done
Back