Dragonball: Evolution - Gen. Discussion & Info

GodlyOne

CAGiversary!
dragon-ball-evolution-20090119103613658_640w.jpg

The video game adaptation to the hotly anticipated movie exclusively hits your PSP systems on April 7th.

Review Roundup:
IGN review
2.0/10
1up Review
N/A
Gametrailers Review
N/A
GameSpot Review
N/A
GiantBomb Review
N/A

The Only Gameplay Video You'll Ever Need To See:
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dragonball-evolution/17-411/
Take a look at the amazing use of animations in the game's cutscenes.

Screenshots:
dragonball-evolution-20090313081924779.jpg

Congratulations! You've wasted 40 dollars on this game, shame get!

dragon-ball-evolution-20090119103603268_640w.jpg

Yup.

dragonball-evolution-20090313081928513.jpg

Both of them look absolutely excited to be in this game.

Developer Q&A session:

Q: What involvement did the actors have during the production of the movie?
A: Well, we took pictures of them while they weren’t looking so we could use them as in-game portraits and character model skins.

Q: The game looks like it a horrible mod of a previous Dragon Ball Z: Budokai game, is this a factual statement?
A: I can neither confirm nor deny.

Q: What can fans of the series and the movie expect from this game?
A: It says Dragonball on the cover and the name Goku appears thoroughly throughout the game.

Q: Are there any plans for future downloadable content?
A: We had plans to sell unlock keys for numerous items locked on the disc but we, as a company, had troubles planning out how to charge PSP owners for them in the future.

Q: So the movie is coming out soon, what comments do you have for the gamers out there?
A: Go out and buy the game for full price before you see the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GodlyOne']

Developer Q&A session:[/quote]

Wow, that guy has a lot of PR skills... Welp, I guess the good news about the game is that it cant possibly get a bigger net loss than the movie will. Who knows, maybe they'll give the game away with tickets.

That's awesome. This game looks even worse than the movie I'm probably going to see. Does the movie come out on the 7th along with this "game"?

[quote name='sj41']Does the movie come out on the 7th along with this "game"?[/quote]

Last I checked, the movie comes out on the 10th.

It's weird to why they didn't shovel this onto the PS2 and Wii also, exclusive to PSP seems like an odd-ass choice.

[quote name='Bezerker']Looks like Claw got silenced. I guess that's what happened when you have MPD and liked Dragonball Evolution[/QUOTE]

mpd?

bread's done
Back