Dragonball Z Budokai HD Collection - $29.99 at Amazon.

Can be had for under 20 when using the bday coupon and 10% at GS. DId they ever give a reason why Budokai 2 wasn't put in the collection? That one by far was the one I spent the most time with and had the best story mode, but #3 was better.

Can be had for under 20 when using the bday coupon and 10% at GS. DId they ever give a reason why Budokai 2 wasn't put in the collection? That one by far was the one I spent the most time with and had the best story mode, but #3 was better.
I think I remember reading the reason 2 was left out was because the Story Mode Board game was not very big with the fans. I still wish they would have included it.

I've been waiting for this to drop forever but I think I'll hold off and see if the ps3 version goes on sale during the next gamefly sale since last time it was only the 360 version.

I think I remember reading the reason 2 was left out was because the Story Mode Board game was not very big with the fans. I still wish they would have included it.
Whaaaaat? I call bs I loved the story mode board game thing.
I think lefty is correct. It seems everyone that I asked, whether it be from back then or now, loved the story aspect in budokai 2. Plus it's the only game in the series where you can fuse Mr. Satan himself with the greatest warrior of all time.

the story mode on b2 was terrible. there was a reason it was completely changed in b3 & left out of hd collection. good riddance.

Yeah I was never a fan of the Board game in Budokai 2 but I did like the What If Fusions between Goku & Hercule and the Tien & Yamcha Fusion.

Skinny_Tiencha.jpg

Skinny Tiencha FTW!

Back in the day, everyone hated the board game story mode in B2. Although I didn't hate it, it wasn't that great... but I did play it a lot.

This game was my childhood....I still have my save with my Teen Gohan level 99

What kills this for me is that there is no online play :( I can wait to see if it gets cheaper

Honestly, this is one of the worst HD collections. Missing an entire game (at least they could have put in Infinite World), music changed for the worst, no online play (for a competitive game like this, it needed it). It really should have just launched at $20 to begin with.

Also no Super DBZ. I know it's a completely different series but it's criminally overlooked.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back