DragonBallZ 2 snes US version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see this, I never knew there was a US version (and in English!) and am curious. I played the tar out of the import way back when.

CML for anything you may like.

[quote name='Pijaibros']I want to see this, I never knew there was a US version (and in English!) and am curious. I played the tar out of the import way back when.

CML for anything you may like.[/QUOTE]

pm sent

Is it in English? I don't think there ever was a US release, and I don't think I've ever seen an English translation of it. I'd be interested if the in-game text was English.

I'm pretty sure the game was only released in Japan, but there are several fan-translated ROMs out there. Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but there might be a possibility of a bootleg--although I've never seen one of an SNES cart before.

OP--any chance on getting some better photos of it? Very interesting cart there.

[quote name='Pijaibros']I want to see this, I never knew there was a US version (and in English!) and am curious. I played the tar out of the import way back when.

CML for anything you may like.[/QUOTE]

There wasn't a US version, that is a bootleg. I have the japanese version and the cover is almost identical. You can tell its a bootleg because of the squashed cover art in the center.

According to Gamefaqs

Dragon Ball Z: La Legende Saien Bandai EU
Dragon Ball Z Super Butouden 2 Bandai 1993 JP
Dragon Ball Z Super Butouden 2 Bandai 12/17/93 JP

Since I'm guessing it's not the European release, because he would notice, it's probably bootleg.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']I didnt know there was a US version of any of the snes dbz games.[/QUOTE]

That's because there isn't.
The oldest generation that Dragon Ball games were released in the US was the Playstation.

FYI, you can play JP imports for free on your US SNES by modding your system easily. If you open the cartridge doors on the top of the unit and look inside, you will notice two, small, plastic tabs inside on the base of the unit, this is what prohibits import games from fitting in the system because they only line up with American releases. If you snip those off, all japanese games will now fit into your american SNES. With that in mind, I'm sure you can find any of those or all of those DBZ games together for cheaper then $49.99.

[quote name='Socheata']That's because there isn't.
The oldest generation that Dragon Ball games were released in the US was the Playstation.[/QUOTE]

Bandai did release the NES Dragon Ball game over here, but they changed the name of the game and characters since most people had no clue what Dragon Ball was then. :D

dpowlab.gif

hey monkey quit discouraging my customers. now as potential buyers I will try my best to give each the respect and love you deserve, along with a thorough analysis of the product shown, as requested by mr. Zingalo.
It is clear that we have one of two items on our hands:
1- a rare and limited US production item of a desired import
2- a bootleg

-first we will look at the top, we will notice that there is no title on the top. This is could imply a bootleg, or possible an original with no title on top. I wouldn't know the percentage of snes with titles on top because I sadly do not have an snes or an snes collection to compare and analyse the percentage of games without titles on the top side.
http://img451.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image0129nb.jpg

-next we will look at the backside of the cart,we will notice ever so clearly the wear and literal tear of the label that i mentioned earlier. We will also notice the date of production which could be a sign of an accurate production date (ei-1992), and might lead to the conclusion that this is indeed an original cartridge.
http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image0142gi.jpg

-now the front where we can recognize offical labels of Nintendo Inc. ,namely the 'nintendo seal of quality', so you can put your mind to rest , this is in fact a 'quality title' and is well worth your purchase.
http://img453.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image0160uk.jpg

compared the japanese version which rapid monkey mistakenly assumed that is the same picture,
http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dbz23am.jpg
(notice the different color clothing and the cutting of the chest area)

-and finally let's not forget that luxurious pricetag, this is in fact an item worthy of your hardearned money and/or trades. Let me remind my beloved customers that I have a college staggering bills to pay and a future family to support. would a face like this lie to you?
http://img450.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image0155kn.jpg

but seriously i dont know if its in english or jap, I don't have snes, jes picked it up on cheapass impulse. If the buyer is not completely satisfied he/se may return the item. you dont have to pay until you get it.

soo..were shall we start the bidding $20,$30?

Looks enough like a bootleg to question its authenticity. Plus, the hard sell is making me believe it less that it's real.

These two facts are enough for me to close this TL down and not allow it to go. Don't make a new one trying to sell the same item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back