Dragon's Crown - $19.99 Vita / $25.99 PS3 @ Amazon (price dropped at GS too)

chimpmeister

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Dragon's Crown has finally dropped a little more in price, after holding its value for a long time on both platforms.

Amazon - Vita version $19.99
Amazon - PS3 version $25.99

Gamestop - Vita version $19.99
Gamestop - PS3 version $29.99

New copies for both platforms at Gamestop are getting kind of scarce, I was able to pick up an extra Vita copy (already have the game) at one local Gamestop, but many stores just have one gutted copy (or no copies) for both platforms. Amazon's PS3 copies have been selling quickly at the new lower price, last I checked they only had two PS3 copies but "more on the way" (supposedly). You may need to view other sellers on Amazon's PS3 link to find Amazon's version, since they temporarily ran out of stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just amazed that the art book is in such high demand. Sure, the game has some fantastic art. But the art book itself isn't particularly large, and it isn't hard-backed. The art in it is great, but you get to see a lot of that same art in the game anyway. I would never buy a second copy of the game just to get the art book.

That said, I did buy a second copy of the game to have it on a different platform. I got the PS3 version in its original release, and picked up the Vita version in this sale.

I'm just amazed that the art book is in such high demand. Sure, the game has some fantastic art. But the art book itself isn't particularly large, and it isn't hard-backed. The art in it is great, but you get to see a lot of that same art in the game anyway. I would never buy a second copy of the game just to get the art book.

That said, I did buy a second copy of the game to have it on a different platform. I got the PS3 version in its original release, and picked up the Vita version in this sale.
At this point, I don't really think it's the artbook people want. I think it's more an issue of equality. I'm glad I got the artbook and it definitely makes up for me not getting the game from newegg the other month for 20. However, if no one else got the artbook or didn't point out that they got them I suspect I would've been as happy.

So you prefer art books to be hard and big ass coffee table sized. That's understandable. I still want one regardless cuz the game is gorge, like Odin's Sphere before it. And I'm a collector nerd.

I ordered one off Amazon (Vita) just now so I'll let you guys know if I get an artbook. If I do I'll be happy but I'm not counting on it.  It's due wednesday.

Bidding on Vita's on eBay since the prices have been dropping even further on the older models with the newer model out. Cowboom is nice for deals, but just barely missed a few good Vita's for under $130 with 8 gig and sometimes 16 gig memory cards on ebay, usually a game or two and decent accessories so I'll be joining the Vita family soon.

My PS3 copy of Dragon's Crown arrived today, no artbook (as expected).  Amazon had to restock the PS3 copies, so they clearly ran out of artbooks for those.  Still, 25.99 is a great deal for this game on PS3.

Jumped on the Vita bandwagon for this one, since it seems to be as people have said, they perform almost identically though the touchscreen is a help for the item pickups. 

I'm sure if I want the PS3 version, I'll pick it up on PSN since PS3 hard drive space is much cheaper than Vita memory card space.

all dragon's crown preorders were set to receive artbook, on ps3 or vita. 

I preordered @ bb the PS3 version, and did not get artbook. 

I asked them for it, and they sent me one for FREE at the time!    (now, you probably won't get one)

bread's done
Back