Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3) 20$ shipped with prime @ amazon

Would have been all over this, but now that it's free on +, I think I'll pass.

Yep, if you don't have ps+, it is likely the better investment to get now (or earlier, really, with the $30 year subscription sales, assuming those aren't still ongoing). This game and many other great ones free right now, and you know you'll get more later.

it is a reasonable point that this could potentially drop further given its availability on psn+.

i personally will never have psn+ but it might be worth it to wait a little bit before buying to see.

You could have them give you $5 back since its 30 days price guarantee with amazon if you got it there
Uh, are we back in 2008? They've only ever brought it back on certain items that advertised it I'm pretty sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
to anyone whos played these.. whats the real difference between the original an this? Supposedly it changes some things and adds extra missions, hairstyles and other things. But it says it 'includes the original dragons dogma' Does that mean theyre two totally separate games and this isn't just basically DLC like, say the borderlands GOTY editions are? I ask because i have the original for PS3 and Xbox but only dark arisen for PS3. Im wondering if i should play the regular version then dark arisen or what the best bet would be

also i hear you only get 1 save for this game. Are the regular version and Dark arisen two separate saves or do you still only get one between the two

to anyone whos played these.. whats the real difference between the original an this? Supposedly it changes some things and adds extra missions, hairstyles and other things. But it says it 'includes the original dragons dogma' Does that mean theyre two totally separate games and this isn't just basically DLC like, say the borderlands GOTY editions are? I ask because i have the original for PS3 and Xbox but only dark arisen for PS3. Im wondering if i should play the regular version then dark arisen or what the best bet would be

also i hear you only get 1 save for this game. Are the regular version and Dark arisen two separate saves or do you still only get one between the two

Dark Arisen is an separate island you can access at anytime during the game. You teleport there from the first town. If you haven't completed the original its best to wait until you do first as its meant for high level characters, I think I started it around level 55, but it was pretty damn hard until I hit 60, and even after that it's pretty tough going in parts.

There's still a single save slot in Dark Arisen. Although, there are a couple changes to the main game, a big one being changes to the number of port crystals (teleporters essentially, if you haven't come across them yet), among a few other things, which makes it the better version to play any way it goes.

I'm late to the party on this thread but I see it's back up to 24 something now. Wish I would have seen this earlier. I'll go ahead and add it to my cart and watch the price fluctuation on it daily, not going to purchase unless it gets back down to 20 or less again.

Dark Arisen is an separate island you can access at anytime during the game. You teleport there from the first town. If you haven't completed the original its best to wait until you do first as its meant for high level characters, I think I started it around level 55, but it was pretty damn hard until I hit 60, and even after that it's pretty tough going in parts.

There's still a single save slot in Dark Arisen. Although, there are a couple changes to the main game, a big one being changes to the number of port crystals (teleporters essentially, if you haven't come across them yet), among a few other things, which makes it the better version to play any way it goes.
thanks. So basically dark arisen is the first game, with cheaper items, improvments and a whole island of DLC, right? The fact that you still get one save slot only makes me figure no point in opening the old vanilla copy i had laying around

bread's done
Back