Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PS3) $34.91 @ Amazon

[quote name='domon']I would definitely get this now if my backlog didn't consist of 10+ games that are longer than 50 hours.[/QUOTE]

and Dragon's Dogma (not even counting Dark Arisen) has more than enough to occupy you for 100+ hours like it did for me, so take your time. xD

[quote name='Link2999']I paid $25 for this one during Buy.com's $20 off of $50 promotion a few weeks back. Not too much of a noticeable difference from the 4 or so hours I put into it so far except that the Eternal Ferrystone I have now is probably the most useful item in the game. I find myself going back to Gran Soren all the time to regroup. That combined with Port Crystals that I can use to port anywhere really solves the only complaint I had with the original game.[/QUOTE]

I thought this might be the case. Some folks should probably put together an original Dragon's Dogma group to mail around the disc to get that particular bonus. I still can't find a copy of the original on the cheap but I want to get that save first before I get Dark Arisen.

[quote name='handsomepete']I thought this might be the case. Some folks should probably put together an original Dragon's Dogma group to mail around the disc to get that particular bonus. I still can't find a copy of the original on the cheap but I want to get that save first before I get Dark Arisen.[/QUOTE]Here's a question: If I got a copy of the original DD, started a save, then used that save to get the bonuses in Dark Arisen, would I have two separate trophy lists? I read that DA doesn't add any new trophies, so if there's just the one list, I could start a DD save with a copy from GS and return it within a week, unless I'm missing something.

[quote name='Vigilante']Here's a question: If I got a copy of the original DD, started a save, then used that save to get the bonuses in Dark Arisen, would I have two separate trophy lists? I read that DA doesn't add any new trophies, so if there's just the one list, I could start a DD save with a copy from GS and return it within a week, unless I'm missing something.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you could do that. Technically from what I've researched, this game is treated as the original Dragon Dogma game, so no new trophies. The DLC is just endgame extra for fans, and some nice minor changes to the game overall, like the eternal ferrystone (aka, teleportation to towns free, cuts on traveling quite a bit). So only one trophy list (that's how the 360 version works) and the save from the original will be read by this game, and it will create a new separate save for DA, so it doesn't actually override the old save.

[quote name='shivan128']Drat, this includes both the original and expansion? Now I feel foolish for buying the original for $15 at best buy. I will wait another 6 months to see if they have another DLC content release... knowing capcom for their history.[/QUOTE]

A week ago Dragon's Dogma was trading in for $10 at Gamestop. I got $14 for it after bonuses.

[quote name='handsomepete']I thought this might be the case. Some folks should probably put together an original Dragon's Dogma group to mail around the disc to get that particular bonus. I still can't find a copy of the original on the cheap but I want to get that save first before I get Dark Arisen.[/QUOTE]

Ah, great idea! Who's got it for 360? PM me if you do please.

[quote name='handsomepete']I thought this might be the case. Some folks should probably put together an original Dragon's Dogma group to mail around the disc to get that particular bonus. I still can't find a copy of the original on the cheap but I want to get that save first before I get Dark Arisen.[/QUOTE]

I've been in groups trying something like this for other games, and they always wind up disappearing at some point. You're better off buying it at Gamestop to establish a save and returning it a few days later.

Boy Capcom is dirty. I did not know Dark Arisen included the main story too. Wow! Sadly, I feel like I should jump on this at this price. The first release took forever to drop in price. $29.99-$35.99 maybe the lowest Dark Arisen goes for a least a year.

Bought it just in case it never drop to $20. Since the first game recently drop to that price point only after dark arisen announced.

So I ended up buying this on ps3. Actually bought a digital download for 25 from a fellow cag. Anyone wanna be my friend so that u can rent their high level pawns?

Psn: webkatt

bread's done
Back