Dragon's Lair II - Help me solve a difference of opinions...

msriflegirl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know this is really stupid, but both me and my friend are stubborn as bulls sometimes. I just wanted some opinions to resolve a difference of opinions between my friend and I about the game Dragon's Lair II. Each day, she posts a trivia question and part of today's question was this:

What is the bonus feature in this game "Dragon's Lair II"?

She posted the answer as: "The bonus feature in DL II is that during gameplay, the player can collect different glowing objects for extra points."

I never played the sequel, but after doing a little searching, it seemed that this was more normal gameplay (optional to collect, not not necessarily a bonus). Anyone care to weigh in?

Well, you get "bonus points" for doing things that are outside of the "normal gameplay". So I think this qualifies as a "bonus" feature.

Those items are not required to finish the game, so in essence I guess they are "bonus" items for "bonus" points.

BTW, if you want to play the sequel, you can get it on the DL Trilogy game for Wii. I must say, the game is very hard and confusing. I loved DL but just couldn't get into the others because they required constant input to the point where I couldn't even see what was going on in the game. And so many input points also made it frustrating to have to redo things over and over again when you die... make 5 correct inputs in a scene, mess up the 6th and start over; then make 6 correct inputs in a scene, mess up the 7th and start over. I'm sure they did this to combat the "criticism" that you're just watching the DL game rather than playing it, but they definitely didn't get the right balance. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, I did set the game to auto-play and watch it, but

a) that doesn't make it a "game"

b) that's why the sequels never caught on like the original

Jul 7, 2010 When Replica Seiko Watches Gauri Khan saw one of my coffee ads and asked Replica Bedat & CO Watches Farah khan to audition me for Main Hoon

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I just ran across this and... I'm sorry, but soonersfan60 is totally wrong on his response. You CANNOT complete the game (can't get to the final level) without collecting the glowing treasure items. The original DL2 arcade game doesn't even have a point system.

Just curious where it says that, because I was sure I read somewhere that it was an add-on type thing... Anyway, there's no way I have the reflexes anymore to even attempt collecting all of those glowing treasure items.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Just curious where it says that, because I was sure I read somewhere that it was an add-on type thing... Anyway, there's no way I have the reflexes anymore to even attempt collecting all of those glowing treasure items.[/QUOTE]

I looked it up. It's actually in the wiki that the developers originally were going to make the final scene a shorter battle if you didn't get all the gold items, and a longer one if you did get them all, but they scrapped that idea and just used the longer battle scene regardless, and in the final version of the game, you are required to get all of the gold items. If you missed one, then, after the Egypt stage, it would cycle back to the first scene where you missed a piece.

bread's done
Back