Dreamcast Collection (360) $16.99 shipped

After playing the Crazy Taxi demo on XBLA, I can say the game would be so much better with the original soundtrack.

It's like if Nintendo had re-released Super Mario Bros. All-Stars, but all the old classic tunes were replaced with that "Friday" song.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']After playing the Crazy Taxi demo on XBLA, I can say the game would be so much better with the original soundtrack.

It's like if Nintendo had re-released Super Mario Bros. All-Stars, but all the old classic tunes were replaced with that "Friday" song.[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad :cry:

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']After playing the Crazy Taxi demo on XBLA, I can say the game would be so much better with the original soundtrack.

It's like if Nintendo had re-released Super Mario Bros. All-Stars, but all the old classic tunes were replaced with that "Friday" song.[/QUOTE]

That seems a bit harsh. Remember you can always put those Offspring and Bad Religion songs on your hard drive and play them in-game, if you really liked them that much. I'm afraid the KFC and Pizza Hut ads you'll have to seek out in real life however.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']After playing the Crazy Taxi demo on XBLA, I can say the game would be so much better with the original soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

When Crazy Taxi originally came out in the arcades and on the Dreamcast half the discussion about the game seemed to be about how annoying the soundtrack was. The new soundtrack must be pretty bad to top that.

This collection isn't even worth 6.99 . . . totally lame assortment of games. I'd love to see some of the great DC shooters released in a few collections, but that will probably never happen. :cry:

IDK, this seems like the price everyone wanted (less than $5 per game)..perhaps $10 would be better. I was tempted to pick this up from GS for the Power Saver Sale only b/c the artwork looks bad ass. I may have to bite on this, don't own any of the games in the collection anyway and haven't ordered from NewEgg in a while..

It's still not even worth that. I'm not buying it for the simple fact that it's a crappy "greatest hits" collection and I don't want to support it. There are soooooo many better games to put on a disc. I don't care if they're trying to give some of the stuff to people who don't have live, it's a crappy collections.

Yeah I would never pay for this, such a shoddy selection of butchered ports that aren't even upgraded over their original versions.

The only game I would want from that collection is Space Channel 5.

[quote name='chimpmeister'] I'd love to see some of the great DC shooters released in a few collections, but that will probably never happen. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Mainly because the majority of the shooters on the Dreamcast are mainly from 3rd party companies and unlicensed releases. This collection, and any possible future ones, will only have games made and released by Sega.

[quote name='Tsukento']Mainly because the majority of the shooters on the Dreamcast are mainly from 3rd party companies and unlicensed releases. This collection, and any possible future ones, will only have games made and released by Sega.[/QUOTE]

Agreed that is a problem, but for example Capcom could release Gigawing, Gigawing 2, and Mars Matrix on a compilation and it would certainly be better than this collection. There are SO MANY other great shooters that were ported to the Dreamcast too, like Zero Gunner 2, Border Down, and Under Defeat. But sadly I doubt any of those games will ever see the light of day in terms of porting to newer hardware, the shmups market is probably too small to support them.

bread's done
Back