Dreamcast Collection (X360) $16.99 at newegg.com

I want it. But I don't know if I want it for more than $10.00
I remembered that Sonic on the Dreamcast was the one with the Cat(ugh I hate that).

After the Genesis Collection they couldn't put more than 4 games on this collection? I think I'll save my money until it comes down a bit more.

I think I'll pass on this, If I didn't get charged tax from Newegg it might but probably not make a difference. It's basically the same price Amazon had it last week. I'm sure this one will be $12 or less in no time though!!!!!

[quote name='shadowrage']I want it. But I don't know if I want it for more than $10.00
I remembered that Sonic on the Dreamcast was the one with the Cat(ugh I hate that).[/QUOTE]

Don't bad mouth Big the Cat.

I'd get this if if it was for the PS3, but the ex stole my 360 and outside of the original Mass Effect and bc with a few original Xbox games I'm not rushing to replace it.

This is probably one of the worst "collections" I've ever seen . . . 4 weak games total? Please, this is really trash. Not even worth 4.99, much less any more than that.

forget the fact that there are only 4 games, Sega put a crappy collection of Dreamcast games together. Crazy Taxi without the Offspring? Ugh..get the music license Sega, or better yet I'll just play them on my actual Dreamcast. I agree with everyone else, this is a $5 max "collection"

[quote name='chimpmeister']This is probably one of the worst "collections" I've ever seen . . . 4 weak games total? Please, this is really trash. Not even worth 4.99, much less any more than that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Josef']After the Genesis Collection they couldn't put more than 4 games on this collection? I think I'll save my money until it comes down a bit more.[/QUOTE]

This logic is exactly why I'm not a regular poster here.

Crazy taxi goes for $5-$10 shipped and probably about $6 if you can find it locally. Sonic Adventure goes for about $10 shipped. Space Channel goes for about $6 and Sega Bass Fishing for about $4-5. You're looking at MAYBE $20 at the cheapest if you bought these separately and locally.

While I'm inclined to agree that this isn't the best collection ever, the games are far from "bad." They were very popular when they were released and Sonic Adventure + Crazy Taxi are still loved. I cannot stand sports or fishing games, but I loved Sega Bass fishing. It is actually a very good game. I only wish that they included Sega Marine Fishing instead of it though.

The collection also includes graphical updates (for those who care) AND Sonic Adventure runs at 60 fps, rather than 30 like it did on the Dreamcast.

I think the $17 pricetag is well justified.

[quote name='gamesterx23']This logic is exactly why I'm not a regular poster here.

Crazy taxi goes for $5-$10 shipped and probably about $6 if you can find it locally. Sonic Adventure goes for about $10 shipped. Space Channel goes for about $6 and Sega Bass Fishing for about $4-5. You're looking at MAYBE $20 at the cheapest if you bought these separately and locally.

While I'm inclined to agree that this isn't the best collection ever, the games are far from "bad." They were very popular when they were released and Sonic Adventure + Crazy Taxi are still loved. I cannot stand sports or fishing games, but I loved Sega Bass fishing. It is actually a very good game. I only wish that they included Sega Marine Fishing instead of it though.

The collection also includes graphical updates (for those who care) AND Sonic Adventure runs at 60 fps, rather than 30 like it did on the Dreamcast.

I think the $17 pricetag is well justified.[/QUOTE]

Correction: Crazy Taxi was loved. It's just not the same anymore with everything that's missing.

[quote name='gamesterx23']This logic is exactly why I'm not a regular poster here...I think the $17 pricetag is well justified.[/QUOTE]

You're in the deep southern minority on this one. 4 is a measly group, not a collection. This should/could have been a good chunk of worthy Dreamcast games from its vast collection instead of a sampler pack with 2 games that are already available on XBLA.

We're not saying this title is trash, but CAGs know game prices like investors know wall street. If you already have it, sell now because it's gonna drop like a chu-chu rocket.

Everyone bitching about size should realize these games are probably 1gb or more each. Sonic adventure on XBLA is 1.5GB. And seeing how a DVD only holds about 8GB there would only be a few more games MAX they could put on the disc.

If they really wanted to make a good Dreamcast collection they should have put it on Ps3 with a lot more games.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Everyone bitching about size should realize these games are probably 1gb or more each. Sonic adventure on XBLA is 1.5GB. And seeing how a DVD only holds about 8GB there would only be a few more games MAX they could put on the disc.

If they really wanted to make a good Dreamcast collection they should have put it on Ps3 with a lot more games.[/QUOTE]

. . . or actually picked 4 half decent games. These games blow, including the butchered version of Crazy Taxi.

[quote name='chimpmeister']. . . or actually picked 4 half decent games. These games blow, including the butchered version of Crazy Taxi.[/QUOTE]

I can't honestly think of any games for the Dreamcast that were that great that were published by Sega. Most of or All of the good Dreamcast games were published by Capcom/Namco/Konami etc.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I can't honestly think of any games for the Dreamcast that were that great that were published by Sega. Most of or All of the good Dreamcast games were published by Capcom/Namco/Konami etc.[/QUOTE]

"great" is really an individuals preference and opinion. I enjoyed Shenmue 1 and 2 and would have preferred one of those joining this "collection", other people despise those games. Also, Skies of Arcadia wouldn't have hurt. But you are right, most of the success the Dreamcast enjoyed was because of 3rd party support. Still waiting for Power Stone capcom....

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I can't honestly think of any games for the Dreamcast that were that great that were published by Sega. Most of or All of the good Dreamcast games were published by Capcom/Namco/Konami etc.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100% . . . there are many other Dreamcast games that would be better in compilations, but Sega's games would not be on my list.

[quote name='nypickle']"great" is really an individuals preference and opinion. I enjoyed Shenmue 1 and 2 and would have preferred one of those joining this "collection", other people despise those games. Also, Skies of Arcadia wouldn't have hurt. But you are right, most of the success the Dreamcast enjoyed was because of 3rd party support. Still waiting for Power Stone capcom....[/QUOTE]

Completely forgot about Shenmue, that game is amazing. I love the 2nd one on Xbox as well. But honestly, that might be the only GREAT Sega published Dreamcast game.

I ordered this off of Amazon for $20 and got it a couple of days ago. It's not bad- and Space Channel 5 and Crazy Taxi are now in widescreen hi-def (haven't tried Bass Fishing yet but Sonic is still 4:3 format although the graphics are much cleaner). Yes, it sucks that the Offspring songs in Crazy Taxi have been replaced by some lame garage band music, but it still plays well. At $5 per game, it's still a good deal. Sure, I'd like to see 8 or 10 games on a disc- Skies of Arcadia, Daytona USA, the first and less frantic Space Channel 5, the faster paced Sonic Adventure 2 (which reduces Big the Cat to a cameo role), Ecco, Sega Rally 2, Shenmue 1/2 etc.. but there's not much room to complain at this price. Hopefully we'll get future volumes before the next gen of hardware.

[quote name='nypickle']"great" is really an individuals preference and opinion. I enjoyed Shenmue 1 and 2 and would have preferred one of those joining this "collection", other people despise those games. Also, Skies of Arcadia wouldn't have hurt. But you are right, most of the success the Dreamcast enjoyed was because of 3rd party support. Still waiting for Power Stone capcom....[/QUOTE]

I'd gladly pay $30 if Sega managed to fit Shenmue I, II, and Skies of Arcadia on one DVD without any loss in production quality.

This is a decent deal if you're looking for a way to play Dreamcast games without a Dreamcast.

I wouldn't mind a volume 2 of this collection:
Sonic Adventure 2
Space Channel 5 Part 1
Crazy Taxi 2
Sega Bass Fishing 2

Heck I already have all the good games on the Dreamcast.
If only they were still doing enhanced ports, like Skies of Arcadia Legends.
Then I might be tempted to buy them over.

[quote name='shadowrage']I want it. But I don't know if I want it for more than $10.00
I remembered that Sonic on the Dreamcast was the one with the Cat(ugh I hate that).[/QUOTE]

Same both with ya. This is going that low and will be a ton of fun once it happens!

Amazon.com now has this for $16.99 also.

Or if you are only interested in Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventures they are currently on sale in the xBox Live Marketplace for 400 points each.

bread's done
Back