Dreamcast Collection

[quote name='Scorch']I've been trying to find a non-disc only (complete) copy of D2 for a while, is it any good?[/QUOTE]

Not really. They hyped the shit out of it back when it was supposed to come out on that M2 system but when it finally came out on the Dreamcast, it felt obsolete. It just doesn't play smoothly at all, the gameplay is uninteresting, and it feels pretty unpolished.

[quote name='nathansu']Here's my collection (off of the top of my head - I'll confirm them when I get home tonight) :

Chu Chu Rocket
Ikaruga (jp)
Rez (jp)
MvC 2 (jp)
Snk vs. Capcom (jp)
Zero Gunner 1/2
Super Puzzle Fighter (jp)
Power Stone 2 (jp)
Bangai-O
Cannon Spike
Last Hope (just got this!)

There are a few more....I'll add when I get home.[/QUOTE]

2 things:

1) How is Last Hope? I personally didn't think it looked good at all, but I could be wrong about it.

2) Get Under Defeat. It's the best shmup on the Dreamcast and you really seem to like shmups... so you pretty much need it.

Hmmm....what are a good list of shmups for the dreamcast?

Just listing the ones i know of:

Ikaruga
Psyvariar 2
Under Defeat
Last Hope
Radirgy
Gunbird 2
Gigawings 1/2
Trigger heart exelica
Trizeal
Bangai-o
Aerowings 1/2

I probably missed a couple.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hmmm....what are a good list of shmups for the dreamcast?

Just listing the ones i know of:

Ikaruga
Psyvariar 2
Under Defeat
Last Hope
Radirgy
Gunbird 2
Gigawings 1/2
Trigger heart exelica
Trizeal
Bangai-o
Aerowings 1/2

I probably missed a couple.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily good, but you forgot:

Chaos Field
Border Down
Zero Gunner 2
Mars Matrix
Cannon Spike (if it counts)

[quote name='Chacrana']Not really. They hyped the shit out of it back when it was supposed to come out on that M2 system but when it finally came out on the Dreamcast, it felt obsolete. It just doesn't play smoothly at all, the gameplay is uninteresting, and it feels pretty unpolished.[/quote]

That's a downer. I was looking forward to trying it. I can't wait to try Omnikron though. I hope it doesn't suck!

[quote name='Chacrana']2 things:

1) How is Last Hope? I personally didn't think it looked good at all, but I could be wrong about it.

2) Get Under Defeat. It's the best shmup on the Dreamcast and you really seem to like shmups... so you pretty much need it.[/quote]

I've just recently broken out my DC games again in light of picking up a good arcade stick to play fighters/shumps on. So it's still sealed until my stick is ready (will be done next week) :).

Under Defeat is on my list of wants - I've heard its fantastic.

[quote name='Chacrana']
1) How is Last Hope? I personally didn't think it looked good at all, but I could be wrong about it.[/quote]You aren't. There are dozens of shmups I'd get on the Dreamcast before picking up a copy of Last Hope.

[quote name='Scorch']That's a downer. I was looking forward to trying it. I can't wait to try Omnikron though. I hope it doesn't suck![/QUOTE]

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news... again... but Omikron does kinda suck. I had the PC version of the game and while it's admirable that they incorporated an FPS combat system and fighting game combat system into the game, neither feels nearly polished enough to be anything but insulting. I've also heard that the DC version had some issues with crashing.

[quote name='Chacrana']Not necessarily good, but you forgot:

Chaos Field
Border Down
Zero Gunner 2
Mars Matrix
Cannon Spike (if it counts)[/quote]
Oh I didn't know Chaos Field came out on dreamcast.

Which is better, the GC or DC version? b/c the Dreamcast version is expensive compared to the $15 price tag for the gamecube one =/

Also, what would you say is the best line-up of shmups for the DC?

I have....Gigawing...that's it >.>

That was the cheapest one :p

Just about every DC shmup is friggin expensive!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh I didn't know Chaos Field came out on dreamcast.

Which is better, the GC or DC version? b/c the Dreamcast version is expensive compared to the $15 price tag for the gamecube one =/

Also, what would you say is the best line-up of shmups for the DC?

I have....Gigawing...that's it >.>

That was the cheapest one :p

Just about every DC shmup is friggin expensive![/QUOTE]

Chaos Field is better on the GC from what I've heard, but it's not really very good at all.

As for the best shmups... well, not counting multiplatform stuff, people seem to like Under Defeat, Zero Gunner 2, Border Down, and Mars Matrix.

[quote name='Chacrana']Chaos Field is better on the GC from what I've heard, but it's not really very good at all.

As for the best shmups... well, not counting multiplatform stuff, people seem to like Under Defeat, Zero Gunner 2, Border Down, and Mars Matrix.[/quote]

awww...

Under Defeat $50+
Zero Gunner 2 $60+
Border Down $99+ .....LE version $200+
Mars Matrix $30+...yay!

''>.> doesn't fit the budget ^^;;;

[quote name='Inf^Shini']awww...

Under Defeat $50+
Zero Gunner 2 $60+
Border Down $99+ .....LE version $200+
Mars Matrix $30+...yay!

''>.> doesn't fit the budget ^^;;;[/QUOTE]

Well, I personally only thought Under Defeat was worth buying... that must've gone OOP just recently though judging from Play Asia's $100 price tag for the LE. It's expensive, but try and get the regular edition if you can... it's definitely one of my favorite shmups simply because it has a pretty unique pacing and style to it.

bread's done
Back